Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Re: MARONEY OR WILLIAMS OR WHITE????

"vikingstw" wrote:
    Hey dont forget denver, look at the past RB's and the sucess they had with there teams then went on to start for other teams. Rubben and Portis that i can think of at the moment. There's several others that have looked like Pro Bowlers behind there oline. Great Run Blocking teams make RB's.
    i think we are reffering to Terrell davis, olindas gary, mike anderson, now tatum bell and even possibly a little Ron Dayne. so what does that say about the sad state of maurice clarrett?
    I m Down For A Boat Party

straight_party.tripod.com

MrGopher16 is offline Hall of Famer

"vikingstw" wrote:
    Hey dont forget denver, look at the past RB's and the sucess they had with there teams then went on to start for other teams. Rubben and Portis that i can think of at the moment. There's several others that have looked like Pro Bowlers behind there oline. Great Run Blocking teams make RB's.
    This should be the quote of the year!! They have the second best record in the AFC and you hear nothing about them! They are a awesome team with e great running back and outstanding defense. I think this is the superbowl winning team right here IMO. I'm glad someone else notices what a great team they are!
    ;-)

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"SmootCriminal" wrote:
    "vikingstw" wrote:
    i think we are reffering to Terrell davis, olindas gary, mike anderson, now tatum bell and even possibly a little Ron Dayne. so what does that say about the sad state of maurice clarrett?
    LOL, He's a real loser!

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

"MrGopher16" wrote:
    "audioghost" wrote:
    "MrGopher16" wrote:
    "nephilimstorm" wrote:
    Ok, DT needs to go...EJ is showing signs of improvement and Newman was doing great...how bout we knock them all out of V-land and get some for Real linebackers...like Levar, Abraham, and draft a guy like Hawk...or maybe acquire Julian Peterson...Hey theres your starting Linebackers. The D-Line is straight the Vikes just need Linebackers who play linebacker not waterboy...and sorry to say...with Willams (CB) how he played...Smoot is deffinitly going to have to go...increase more cap...especially after what Steve Smith did to him w/ carolina
    Steve Smith can and did do that to a lot of guys this season. It was a coaching error to keep smoot one on one with him the entire game after seeing that he is obviously outmatched. No double team, no trying another player...nothing. Blame Teddy for that, not smoot.

Blame Cottrell..? I seem to remember Smoot talkin about "how he signed here because we would "put him out on an island" in 1-on-1 ocverage so he could show how great of a cover corner he was....I blame Smoot, he played like a bum this year and whenever he got into 1-on-1 coverage like he wanted he would either get burned or get a pass interference call...gimme a break, i liked Smoot but after this season I have changed my mind and I think that we should get rid of him and keep B-Will....remember how I hated on B-Will, saying Smoot was superior, well this season porved to me that I was wrong, Smoot is overrated.

Okay so you can blame smoot than for not being able to keep up with one of the greatest WR's this season. A lot of corners will be blamed for that i'm sure because he was hot this year. But yes it is cottrell's fault, our defensive coordinator saw that he was getting burned 1 on 1 and didn't give him help or change it up at all. That is a mistake regardless of what you say about smoot. It was a huge error and cost us a chance at winning that game.
    One of the greatest WRs this season, what a prestigious title :roll:....the fact of the matter is that Smoot got stomped worse than any other CB that covered Smith this season, and Ted Cottrell resurrected the defense and was 50% of the reason that the Vikes did what they did this year...his D would have been a top 5 D had they played like they did the 2nd half of the season in the first half...I would like to see Cottrell stay around, not necessarily as a HC but as the DC, he had the D clicking at the end of the season....I don't blame him for letting Smoot have at Steve Smith, I mean Smoot should have to earn his $$$! Should have had his pay deducted that week!

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

What ted did in the Baltimore game was sickning. I've almost lost all patients with the man, he was doin such a great job too.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

After watching the Rose Bowl White is the obvious pick if he declares for the draft. I love guys who show up for big games and he might have been the offensive player of the game if USC had won.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

lendale white!
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

MrGopher16 is offline Hall of Famer

"audioghost" wrote:
    "MrGopher16" wrote:
    "audioghost" wrote:
    "MrGopher16" wrote:
    "nephilimstorm" wrote:
    Ok, DT needs to go...EJ is showing signs of improvement and Newman was doing great...how bout we knock them all out of V-land and get some for Real linebackers...like Levar, Abraham, and draft a guy like Hawk...or maybe acquire Julian Peterson...Hey theres your starting Linebackers. The D-Line is straight the Vikes just need Linebackers who play linebacker not waterboy...and sorry to say...with Willams (CB) how he played...Smoot is deffinitly going to have to go...increase more cap...especially after what Steve Smith did to him w/ carolina
    Steve Smith can and did do that to a lot of guys this season. It was a coaching error to keep smoot one on one with him the entire game after seeing that he is obviously outmatched. No double team, no trying another player...nothing. Blame Teddy for that, not smoot.

Blame Cottrell..? I seem to remember Smoot talkin about "how he signed here because we would "put him out on an island" in 1-on-1 ocverage so he could show how great of a cover corner he was....I blame Smoot, he played like a bum this year and whenever he got into 1-on-1 coverage like he wanted he would either get burned or get a pass interference call...gimme a break, i liked Smoot but after this season I have changed my mind and I think that we should get rid of him and keep B-Will....remember how I hated on B-Will, saying Smoot was superior, well this season porved to me that I was wrong, Smoot is overrated.

Okay so you can blame smoot than for not being able to keep up with one of the greatest WR's this season. A lot of corners will be blamed for that i'm sure because he was hot this year. But yes it is cottrell's fault, our defensive coordinator saw that he was getting burned 1 on 1 and didn't give him help or change it up at all. That is a mistake regardless of what you say about smoot. It was a huge error and cost us a chance at winning that game.
    One of the greatest WRs this season, what a prestigious title :roll:....the fact of the matter is that Smoot got stomped worse than any other CB that covered Smith this season, and Ted Cottrell resurrected the defense and was 50% of the reason that the Vikes did what they did this year...his D would have been a top 5 D had they played like they did the 2nd half of the season in the first half...I would like to see Cottrell stay around, not necessarily as a HC but as the DC, he had the D clicking at the end of the season....I don't blame him for letting Smoot have at Steve Smith, I mean Smoot should have to earn his $$$! Should have had his pay deducted that week!
    lol i know that this season doesn't mean all that much in the grand scheme of things but we're talking about this season so i'll stand by it. Smoot got burned that game and i'm not sticking up for him, but it's ridiculous to say that cottrell was right about keeping that matchup. As a DC when you see something that's wrong out there it's your job to fix it, and he didn't. I put both of them to blame there.
    ;-)

duffVIkEs is offline Pro-Bowler

Why didn't the author make this a poll thread?

Tanner_QBRB8 is offline Pro-Bowler

if lendal goes out for the draft then i say them but if he doesnt then i definetly say maroney

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast