Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Maroney in the 1st Round?

I don't think Maroney will be that bad of a pro, he probably will put up decent numbers if he gets put on a team that has a decent line, but i dont think he'll fit the vikings plans that well, i think williams or white would be a better pick for us if we dont get a FA pickup, otherwise we have to fill our needs at OL and LB

I think we sign Edge and silence all these which RB to draft at 17 bullshit. Trade down, and draft a great Tampa 2 linebacker.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I wish we would get someone like Edge or Lewis.. Then we could draft something else cuz I wouldn't want a rookie RB anyway too much

"IbleedPURPLEandGOLD" wrote:
    I think we sign Edge and silence all these which RB to draft at 17 kaka del toro. Trade down, and draft a great Tampa 2 linebacker.
    "Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    I wish we would get someone like Edge or Lewis.. Then we could draft something else cuz I wouldn't want a rookie RB anyway too much
    I think both of you are right. We should just sign a rb in FA and just draft a lb we could use in the tampa 2 defense more effectivly then the ones we have now! Lets just sign edge or lewis..then draft a lb at 17!

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

Is there still a chance of us getting Lavar Aarington or Derrick Brooks, or both? That way we wouldnt have to trade up to get a LB in the draft.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"ndakvikefan" wrote:
    Maroney is a product of the system at Minn. When he was hurt his back-up came in and did just as well. Who won the Michigan game for the Goghers, Maroney was hurt. I agree with collegeguy, go after Jamal Lewis in free agency and draft the best available player. Another good free agent pickup would be the LB from Carolina #54 his name escapes me right now but he is said to be a stud. But the best FA move to wipe out these Maroney rumors would be to get edge from the colts. It is not that far fetched, the vikes are under the cap, wilfs have and said they will spend the cash, and the Colts will have to do something. They right now have to pay Manning, Harrison, Edge, and the guys that are going to want money like Freeney, Reggie Wayne. They have alot of talent to pay for and in that system alot of above average RB's could look good. Edge may be the odd man out.

You mean like Marion Barber III was? Wait, he seemed to do very well for Dallas this year. Or what about Bush and White? Their O-line was one of the best in the country, both seemed to do equally well when given the carries, yet no one talks about them being a product of a good system.

I think a RB like Maroney in round 1 would be best for this team. Use FA to get a good Proven stud LB and to shore up our O-line. Fix those 2 spots and we could afford to break in a young RB, especially when we still have mewelde and onterrio(provided we do bring him back, which sounds like it is gonna happen).

ThaSuperFreak33 is offline Pro-Bowler

I Think we should find an Offensive Stud who could possibly help us put more points on the board. Our Defense was not all that bad this year if you think about it. If we still had MOSS we could have won possibly 4-5 more games this season. This Defense is still getting used to playing with each other. I do agree we need to fill some holes in the Defense but we also need more points.

Paulbedy59 is offline Coordinator

I would really rather see us get Lendel White over Maroney.I think he will be a much better pro back.
    If winning isn,t everything,why keep score?

Wiggles67 is offline Coordinator

we have done a very good job in FA of picking up bigger name defensive guys and taking chances on offensive guys like K-Rob. I would really like to see the focus shift again to offense. Sign a couple of PROVEN linemen and a PROVEN RB. Unfortunately, for the RB situation if both James and Alexander get resigned there are any other "studs" out there I would even consider. To be honest I have no idea haha...

what I can tell you is that it is pretty silly to be looking at any mock drafts at this time with so many people moving around in FA no one can really have any idea how the draft will go

"I choose my company by the beating of their hearts, not the swelling of their heads"

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Only thing I don't like to hear about Maroney is saying he only did good because of his line.. He is a good back.. So what if the others did good.. Russell is kinda fast and is built like a truck.. Pinnex is frickin quick.. Who knows if he just had a fluke game anyway?

Anyone see the holes USC opens for Reggie and White? I see the same thing with the Gophs..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast