Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    LAVike is offline Pro-Bowler

Maroney in the 1st Round?

about.com has the Vikes taking Laurence Maroney in the 1st round. He's a good back, but he was running behind one of the best O-lines in college football. Tempting, but worth a 1st? Thoughts?

http://football.about.com/cs/nfldraft/a/bl_mockdraft_3.htm
    "Veni, Vidi, Vikings!"--Julius Caesar

LAVike is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Maroney in the 1st Round?

Wow . . . so does nfl draft countdown . . . taking Maroney over Lendale White.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

This site has the Vikes taking White.

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/index.cfm?page=3
    "Veni, Vidi, Vikings!"--Julius Caesar

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

free agency isn't over and those websites don't have any clue what we are going to draft. they are just guessing and so is everyone else even mel kiper. even the coaching staff is guessing who will be available at 17. personally i think it would be dumb to draft another young running back unless we don't want to pay big bucks to a free agent which i think would be a big gamble. i mean just how good are james and alexander going to be on a different team? i kinda would like to see jamal lewis cause he would be cheaper and he potentially could be a super star again with our o-line if that gets fixed which it will this offseason.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

"collegeguyjeff" wrote:
    free agency isn't over...
    Hey Jeff, free agency hasnt even started yet lol... Seriously, I dont understand how these sites and so called experts can do a mock draft without knowing what teams choose which players during free agency. All they are doing is creating a lot of hype.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Just another tabloid site picking different that the other thousand tabloid sites. Go figure. :roll:

ndakvikefan is offline Starter

Maroney is a product of the system at Minn. When he was hurt his back-up came in and did just as well. Who won the Michigan game for the Goghers, Maroney was hurt. I agree with collegeguy, go after Jamal Lewis in free agency and draft the best available player. Another good free agent pickup would be the LB from Carolina #54 his name escapes me right now but he is said to be a stud. But the best FA move to wipe out these Maroney rumors would be to get edge from the colts. It is not that far fetched, the vikes are under the cap, wilfs have and said they will spend the cash, and the Colts will have to do something. They right now have to pay Manning, Harrison, Edge, and the guys that are going to want money like Freeney, Reggie Wayne. They have alot of talent to pay for and in that system alot of above average RB's could look good. Edge may be the odd man out.
    8f72d7a2bfbfd6a931c3ea8edbece812

I would rather pick up a running back in FA like jamal lewis. Worst case scenario, we should draft a running back. But that is only if there isnt a defensive stud out in the draft at our pick! But I wouldnt draft maroney. Barber was amazing at Minnesota and had to split with Maroney. Barber had the real talent. Maroney relies on speed and can be shut down if the opposing defense has speed to get to the outside, pursuing him faster then he can get to the edge. Gary Russel even had success at Minnesota, and he is the backup!!

If we were to draft a running back, lets go after White or possibly williams our of memphis!

brbitker is offline Rookie

With us switching to the Tampa-2, we need different linebackers. A linebacker like Chad Greenway may become a top priority in the draft.

thepacksux is offline Asst. Coach

i would love to see deangelo williams but we are definitely going to have to trade up to get him, i think he goes top 10

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Why does everyone use the whole line excuse with Maroney? Didn't anyone see USC's frickin line? They have 2 people that are gonna go 1st round possibly.. While we have 2/3rd rounders.. Thier line is just as good.. And the Big 10 is way tougher then the damn big 12!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast