Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast
    Slade is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Mario to Texans #1 a DONE DEAL ?!?

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    The Texans would be stupid not to pick Reggie at #1, this is strictly for leverage purposes.
    ~ Totally agree with this. They want to make Reggie's asking price to come down. Business tactics. If they do stick with Mario, which I don't think they will, it will throw the draft out of wack

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:
    I have been wondering about this the whole time. I just couldn't see them drafting a RB when they have Double D at RB, just like it doesn't make sense for the Packers to select a QB at No 5. Double D is not Reggie Bush, but he is proven even behind crappy O lines. If they are not taking Bush, then they should move down and take D-Brick.

We will see tomorrow!

I heard that the Saints want Bush at No 2 and if he is gone to the Texans, they want to move down and let a team like the Pack move up and take Mario Williams. Apparently, Hawk is the Pack's second choice not their first. Once again, we will see how this plays out?????
    If the Texans take Mario Williams, the Jets would be crazy not to do whatever was necessary to get Bush...they need him WAY MORE than the Saints do...plus the Saints could fill more holes with whatever they get from the Jets.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

CrazyVikingsFan is offline Pro-Bowler

this would mess up the draft i am not to sure the saints would take bush imo since they already have duece. which means that he would fall to 3 where the titans will most likely take bush because cris brown is not that great and then vince and lienert will be on the board and one will go at 7 and then maybe one to the cardinals and rams then we would almost be garrenteed to get cutler

damien927 is offline Asst. Coach

"mnjamie" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:
    On ESPN an hour ago Mortenson stated that the Texans have been negotiating with Mario for the last 24hrs and havn't spoken with Reggie for the last 48hrs, when previously they were discussing contract particulars.

Now confirmed on NFL Network by Adam Shefter as he spoke with Mr. McNair with the Texans.

Now confirmed on NFL Network by Adam Shefter as he spoke with Mr. McNair with the Texans.
    what is confirmed? That they are talking more with Mario, or that they will be taking him.

Thanks Lotza!

We better trade up!!! lol...could you imagine? Reggie Bush as a Viking!? OMG, I would be the happiest %$#^*@ this side of the Mississippi

KirillDM is offline Rookie

"damien927" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:
    On ESPN an hour ago Mortenson stated that the Texans have been negotiating with Mario for the last 24hrs and havn't spoken with Reggie for the last 48hrs, when previously they were discussing contract particulars.

what is confirmed? That they are talking more with Mario, or that they will be taking him.
    Schefter Just said its true about the texans only talking to mario and havent spoken to bush in the last 24 hours. Nothing is reported on a "Done Deal" just yet.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"damien927" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:

That McNair told Shefter that they had two plans. Take Bush and then trade into the end of 1st round and get a DE. "OR" Take Mario and then take a RB later in the draft ....

McNair told Shefter that they are going with Plan "B" and that the contract has been finialized, not signed yet.

mnwildfan79 is offline Rookie

It could be for leverage or it could be they don't want Bush do to have DD, and no one is willing to give enough to trade up.

I wouldn't be suprised if they took super mario. I too would clap for their front office to have the balls to pass on bush.

Yeah ESPN is only saying Texans appear to be focusing on Mario

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/news/story?id=2425818

mnwildfan79 is offline Rookie

I hope they take Mario, just to mix things up, have some excitement!

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast