Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    revprodeji is offline Starter

Re: Mario Williams to Texans #1 a DONE DEAL !!!

Not to be burned as a heretic, but as I said before I dont see bush as that special. He played for an Oline better than some pro teams, with a QB that was considered the #1 and with WR's that will go 1st round oh, and a TE that is a first day prospect. Maybe if Bush had done what he did over his whole career and for a team not so pimped out. He isnt barry sanders. I dont see him as more than warrick dunn. He has not proven he can block, or take the ball 25 times a game. Plus, the Texans have a nice RB, and even a nice back up rb. But how many game-changing DE are there in football? Mario could be huge for them
    www.prodeji.mychoices.biz

sirweeze is offline Starter

"Deadly_Diabetic" wrote:
    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    The guy on the radio said No way that the packers will be able to move up 3 spots with an overrated WR as bait. They said they would have to package the 5th, Walker, 2nd rounder, 4th rounder, and next years 1st maybe even.
    I don't think the guy on the radio is very accurate. Green Bay's 1st and 2nd round choices are worth 2240 whereas NO's pick is worth 2600. That a difference of 360 points (that's the 22nd pick in the second round) and WR with gamebreaking ability is a large comodity in today's league especially in a WR poor draft.

That said: Walker has already proven that he can be a very good WR, He's already had an interview in NO, and he's already been cleared by their medical staff.

Honestly, this has me a little worried.

-DD
    This makes two of us.

I really hope the Jets pull out something to trade up. Or the Saints pick Bush. Or SOMETHING.

mnwildfan79 is offline Rookie

"revprodeji" wrote:
    Not to be burned as a heretic, but as I said before I dont see bush as that special. He played for an Oline better than some pro teams, with a QB that was considered the #1 and with WR's that will go 1st round oh, and a TE that is a first day prospect. Maybe if Bush had done what he did over his whole career and for a team not so pimped out. He isnt barry sanders. I dont see him as more than warrick dunn. He has not proven he can block, or take the ball 25 times a game. Plus, the Texans have a nice RB, and even a nice back up rb. But how many game-changing DE are there in football? Mario could be huge for them
    finally someone said it.

reggie bush is probably the most overrated player in the history of the world.

maybe he'll win super bowl mvp in 5 years... ala desmond howard as a return man, because that's all he is.

I agree with you revprodeji. Nevertheless it is difficult to pass on him no matter what. If the Texans did not have DD I would say they are stupid but Davis is very solid.
    We can solve poverty today.

carta4eva is offline Asst. Coach Space Invaders Champion

"mnwildfan79" wrote:
    "revprodeji" wrote:
    finally someone said it.

reggie bush is probably the most overrated player in the history of the world.

maybe he'll win super bowl mvp in 5 years... ala desmond howard as a return man, because that's all he is.
    u guys are nuts, Bush has athletic moves like Barry Sanders and Gale Sayers and you wanna say he is overrated? Give some of that good
    S H I T! :grin:
    A wise man once said," Defense Wins Championships!"

CynicalVike is offline Starter

I really don't care if Bush goes to Green Bay. I see it as he is just another unproven NFL RB. His playing at USC is so misleading. He had, as someone else has said, a "pimped out" offense to play in, and in a highly over rated college conference. Really, when and where did he play a solid defense. Texas wasn't that tough. Plus, and this is a big consideration, just how effective will his running style be on that mud track they have in Lambeau. Players don't post fast times running there, they can't stop and turn on a dime, which means he will finally have to take some major shots from some serious defenders who want to be the first to really lay him out.

He may end up being a good running back in this league, but playing in Green Bay, on that field, he will never be a Gayle Sayers or Walter Payton type impact RB.
    I used to be indecisive, now I m not so sure!

glad I could be of help...Bush is a good guy, but the thing is a top-5 Rb in the league does not have the value of a top-5 De. There are less stud DE than stud RB. almost every team has a servicable LB. Yet hardly any have a DE that can be a playmaker

sodaknick is offline Starter

All I can say is, it's a good day not to be a Texans fan. :hello1:

MaddenVodkaAddict is offline Coordinator

I just finished watching "Quite Frankly" on my samsung television with Stephen A. Smith and he asked the Houston Texans owner why he did not wish to sign the talented offensive lineman Debrickshaw Ferguson. The owner responded, saying that his team lost too many games in the 2nd halves of competitions because the team was unable to put any pressure on the opposing teams' quarterbacks and that his team is not going to "out gun Peyton Manning".
    I Love Kerry Collins (and John Rocker).

i disagree, the true fans will enjoy the pick. Many texas fans like DD

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast