Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Marc Bulger??

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Re:Marc Bulger??

Another Charley Walters story blown wide open..

I hate that guy

And Bulger is worn out, id rather have Sage and Jackson before him

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach

so-cal vike wrote:
    Clowns and fools eh sho nuff. I can see that you're going to make a lot of friends here... knucklehead. As for Bulger, thank you, no.
    Darn, I was going to say that
    Purple till i die

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

sho nuff wrote:
    havent you fools been watchin tv?
    favre said hes 100% sure he will never put on pads again in his life
    First we are clowns, now we are fools.

Most of us are pretty tolerent about such things, but eventually, comments like that will get you in trouble on this site.

Best way to try to convince us is to make your case better than just throwing a blanket question out there hoping everyone will chime in with the response you are hoping for.

You could throw stuff in that initial post like OL proficiency, WR limitations, Coaching staff change over etc etc etc.

Then if we still don't warm up to your idea, feel free to take another tact, however, words like Fools, Clowns, Idiots etc are not very well recieved around these here parts.

As to your boy.....

He was rated 26th in pass completion percentage (56.7).
    He was rated 29th in yards (1469).
    He was rated 24th in TDs (6).
    He was rated 28th in QB Rating (72.1)
    Profootball Focus Stats

Unless you can convince us that those numbers were a direct reflection on the players around him (as I discussed above) you will have a hard time trying to convince anyone around these here parts that he is a viable candidate right now.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    sho nuff wrote:

Most of us are pretty tolerent about such things, but eventually, comments like that will get you in trouble on this site.

Best way to try to convince us is to make your case better than just throwing a blanket question out there hoping everyone will chime in with the response you are hoping for.

You could throw stuff in that initial post like OL proficiency, WR limitations, Coaching staff change over etc etc etc.

Then if we still don't warm up to your idea, feel free to take another tact, however, words like Fools, Clowns, Idiots etc are not very well recieved around these here parts.

As to your boy.....

Profootball Focus Stats

Unless you can convince us that those numbers were a direct reflection on the players around him (as I discussed above) you will have a hard time trying to convince anyone around these here parts that he is a viable candidate right now.
    All good points.

Now, if Favre doesn't come back then it sure wouldn't hurt to bring him in to join the theoretical QB competition fray. Although I would rather see the ragin' cajun II come in under those conditions and get into the theoretical battle.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Prophet wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    sho nuff wrote:

As to your boy.....

Profootball Focus Stats

All good points.

Now, if Favre doesn't come back then it sure wouldn't hurt to bring him in to join the theoretical QB competition fray. Although I would rather see the ragin' cajun II come in under those conditions and get into the theoretical battle.
    One point I hope our new friend tries to discuss is how QB's seem to struggle trying to run this system on thier first go.

Only one to date who has done OK is the Noodle, but that is to be expected seeings how he has been in the system for more years than Carter has pills.

Another QB that probably won't have a problem with it is Dnabb as this offense was really designed to be run by a QB of his ilk.

On a side note, still no extension with the Deadskins.....
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro wrote:
    Prophet wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    sho nuff wrote:

As to your boy.....

Profootball Focus Stats

All good points.

One point I hope our new friend tries to discuss is how QB's seem to struggle trying to run this system on thier first go.

Only one to date who has done OK is the Noodle, but that is to be expected seeings how he has been in the system for more years than Carter has pills.

Another QB that probably won't have a problem with it is Dnabb as this offense was really designed to be run by a QB of his ilk.

Yes, and, conversely, we have a guy on our roster that has been in the exact same offense for going on five years and he still flounders. He needs time to develop. I say give him another five years. Is 10 years long enough?
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Prophet wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Prophet wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    sho nuff wrote:

As to your boy.....

Profootball Focus Stats

All good points.

Yes, and, conversely, we have a guy on our roster that has been in the exact same season for going on five years and he still flounders. He needs time to develop. I say give him another five years. Is 10 years long enough?
    TJ is built to win now. :P

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

Marrdro wrote:
    sho nuff wrote:

As to your boy.....

Profootball Focus Stats

My solution is if Favre does not come back throw Jackson out there. He is like the girlfriend you always fight with but never leave. It is time for him to sink or swim and get the TJ experiment over one way or the other. You can't be in limbo for FIVE YEARS at the most IMPORTANT position in football!! Let 's get it over with either we have our starter or we need to draft one next year.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

tarkenton10 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    sho nuff wrote:

As to your boy.....

Profootball Focus Stats

My solution is if Favre does not come back throw Jackson out there. He is like the girlfriend you always fight with but never leave. It is time for him to sink or swim and get the TJ experiment over one way or the other. You can't be in limbo for FIVE YEARS at the most IMPORTANT position in football!! Let 's get it over with either we have our starter or we need to draft one next year.
    I believe in the staff. They have done nothing to make me question thier talent evaluation processes.

For me, I am of the mind that they believe 1 of 2 things....

1. TJ is in fact a better QB than most of us yutz fans believe. Again, thier evaluations is based on alot more than just watching a kid struggle during game situations early on in his career. As the team was being rebuilt by the way.

2. They have a pretty good idea that Dnabb will be the replacement as our starter next year.

Either way, I am comfortable with thier decision and believe it will be the right decision.

Marrdro wrote:
    tarkenton10 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    sho nuff wrote:

As to your boy.....

Profootball Focus Stats

I believe in the staff. They have done nothing to make me question thier talent evaluation processes.

For me, I am of the mind that they believe 1 of 2 things....

1. TJ is in fact a better QB than most of us yutz fans believe. Again, thier evaluations is based on alot more than just watching a kid struggle during game situations early on in his career. As the team was being rebuilt by the way.

2. They have a pretty good idea that Dnabb will be the replacement as our starter next year.

Either way, I am comfortable with thier decision and believe it will be the right decision.
    1. should be re-written. You don't have to be a HC to know that TJack has shown flashes of competency intermingled with bouts of incompetency. One only has to look at his last two times starting. One at the beginning of '09 at getting yanked after two losses and one at the end of the season after playing ok and then folding in the playoffs. They do not know if he is starter material. That much is a fact, if they did know he was they wouldn't be putting Rosenfels into the QB competition and giving Favre hummers in Mississippi to please please please come and play for the Vikings.

The more realistic scenario is that they have too much invested in him right now to let him walk before they know for sure if he is a keeper or a bust. Oh, and the pesky little fact that he was a free agent this year and nobody looked his way at the price they were asking for him.

I too trust the coaching staff more than the assholes on this site. But, to think they think he is the man of the future is insane. Even if you account for all the information that we don't see in day-to-day practices, mini-camps, offseason crap....it comes down to the real game during the real season. Everyone knows that information. TJack is suspect and a huge question mark. That much is known to any rational fan and the coaching staff has proven that by their actions.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast