Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Marc Bulger??

Re:Marc Bulger??

I don't think that kind of move makes any sense for the Vikes.

Yes, Bulger was a Pro Bowler in 2006 (and in 2003). He actually had a very good looking start to his career.

But the past three years he has not thrown for better than a 60% completion percentage or more touchdowns than picks.

A 33 year old quarterback that hasn't had even a moderately productive season in three years and also has an injury history? Not a solution, and it's hard to believe a coach is going to turn on the tape and see something that makes him think the guy is an upgrade over anybody.

Based on their history and what is potentially available in the QB market? I'd guess the Vikes staff is happy to go with T-Jack and Sage if Favre ends up staying home.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Marc Bulger??

sho nuff wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    also, interesting first post.... are you Marc Bulger?

am i marc bulger? funny

what your clowns are forgetting is he was pro bowl mvp a cpls years back.. hes better than tarvaris and sage combine.. hes the same age as peyton manning

and it was the RAMS that were terrible, not him. from the o-line to the defense and the wr's.. dont blame that on him

When I say who's the master, you say...

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Overlord wrote:

Yes, Bulger was a Pro Bowler in 2006 (and in 2003). He actually had a very good looking start to his career.
    Actually, Delhomme, Hasselbeck and Vick were 2006. But he could have gone as a replacement as he did pass for about 4200 yards and had a rating of 92.6. But, the point is I don't think we want any of those QBs on our roster at this point. They are old. We already have an old QB. This site whines all the time about how we don't have a long term solution at QB and signing Bulger only puts us farther away from that notion.
    We're bringing purple back.

sho nuff is offline Waterboy

havent you fools been watchin tv?
    favre said hes 100% sure he will never put on pads again in his life
    None

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

sho nuff wrote:
    He was talking about when Mike McCarthy asked him to change his tampax for him...

bsmithberkley is offline Pro-Bowler

sho nuff wrote:
    That's just the rehashing of an old story.

He said that after the end of the season. It's nothing recent. Look for more reports like this on slow news days until Favre makes a real announcement.

More interesting is the progress that Griffin and Henderson are making.
    None

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

Clowns and fools eh sho nuff. I can see that you're going to make a lot of friends here... knucklehead. As for Bulger, thank you, no.

sho nuff wrote:
    Even if Favre doesn't return, what would make anyone think Bulger would be a better option than either Tarvaris or Sage? Keep in mind, we're talking about the 33 year old Marc Bulger of today, not the guy from four years ago.

His stats are no better than the guys already on the roster, his age means he can't be a long-term solution, his injury history is a concern, and he hasn't played in the Vikings' offense.

I haven't followed the guy, so maybe there are other stories, but my guess would be that he will end up as either a veteran backup, a mid-season acquisition, or retired.

gregair13 wrote:
    Overlord wrote:

Actually, Delhomme, Hasselbeck and Vick were 2006. But he could have gone as a replacement as he did pass for about 4200 yards and had a rating of 92.6.
    Just to be clear, it was the 2006-07 season. The actual game was played in February 2007. The guys you mentioned are for the Pro Bowl played in 2006 after the 2005-06 season.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

2 problems

1. Favre is coming back

2. Jackson > Bulger
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Tad7 wrote:
    2 problems

1. Favre is coming back

2. Jackson > Bulger
    One out of two ain't bad....

Would Bulger be an upgrade over the guys we have behind Favre right now? In many ways he would be. He has shown the ability to achieve at a high level consistantly. He was showing a lot of positive things up until 2007...when he fell off the planet.

At this point, it's hard to say what he would actuially contribute. I believe that he would be better than Jackson and/or Rosenfels, but I'm not sure he'd be worth the investment.

And, at 33, he's not Donovan McNabb (who is also 33), and all things being equal, I'd take Mcnabb over Bulger.

Caine

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast