Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Manning Draft Precedent - Lienert?

"KJ" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    I do not think that Leinert will be the second pick if Young declares for the draft, after the performance he put on last night I think that he will be the second pick! He was smokin last night, Leinert is a more traditional pocket passer but Young proved he is a force and I think he will declare for the draft. If he does then the Saints will take him, and that Leinert would go third.
    Leinart is still rated the better pro prospect. There was probably nothing to change that on the field last night, except for a serious injury.

You must not have watched that game, he was a man amongst boys and USC had not lost in 3years. He increased his rating, and if he declares he could even go before Bush. Team drafting number 1 is Houston, and Young is the state hero right now and Carr has not been what they had hoped and is due a 6 million roster bonus this spring so the Texans could take him 1!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

Personally, I still get a rush outta Eli getting sacked. Too good for the 2 billion $$ and the NFL?

I have heard that Leinart won't play for the Saint's. If so, I hope he falls outta the sky like Aaron Rodgers....not that Rodgers deserved that.

Loosing what $20 million in guaranteed money might make him think straight. Nah it won't. Your a high draft pick, you make bank.....and the converse side of that is, you have to play for a crappy team. Thats how the nfl works. Peyton had to go suck with the Colts for a few years. NBD.

Vince Young is amazing. He is Dante Vick, errr....make that Mike Culpepper....err, anyway. I hope he shows up Leinart on draft day to, personally.

KJ
    KJ is offline Pro-Bowler

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "KJ" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    I do not think that Leinert will be the second pick if Young declares for the draft, after the performance he put on last night I think that he will be the second pick! He was smokin last night, Leinert is a more traditional pocket passer but Young proved he is a force and I think he will declare for the draft. If he does then the Saints will take him, and that Leinert would go third.
    Leinart is still rated the better pro prospect. There was probably nothing to change that on the field last night, except for a serious injury.

You must not have watched that game, he was a man amongst boys and USC had not lost in 3years. He increased his rating, and if he declares he could even go before Bush. Team drafting number 1 is Houston, and Young is the state hero right now and Carr has not been what they had hoped and is due a 6 million roster bonus this spring so the Texans could take him 1!
    Oh, I watched the game, and Vince was a man amongst boys. But that's exactly a point right there. There's no boys in the NFL. And Leinart is still the higher rated NFL Quarterback prospect. Pocket passers are what wins in the NFL.

And if Houston wants to win, they won't fall into the trap of drafting a hometown boy. That has backfired sometimes in the past. See: Detroit drafting Charles Rogers.

If they do the right thing, they'll trade down. They need a lot of help, and QB isn't their most pressing need. There will be teams willing to give up a Herschel Walker bounty to get up to the top to draft one of the "Big Three".

mfenlon is offline Rookie

Young will be a texan...
    Bet on it!!
    #1 in The North

sunny is offline Pro-Bowler

If Young declares eligible the Vikes should trade CPep and their first rounder to move up to get him. Hows that for stoking a fire.
    I.B.O.T. #213

KJ
    KJ is offline Pro-Bowler

"sunny" wrote:
    If Young declares eligible the Vikes should trade CPep and their first rounder to move up to get him. Hows that for stoking a fire.
    If you want Randall Cunningham Jr., then by all means. I've been thinking recently that it's Randall that he reminds me of, but not quite the rifle that Randall had for an arm.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123