Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Manning Draft Precedent - Lienert?

"snowinapril" wrote:
    I would hope that he would not do that, he was the one that chose to go back for one more year to build his stock. He already had his choice in a way.

I think that it could very well happen.

I think that one reason I let Manning slide a little is exactly what is a possibility going into this years playoffs. The Brothers didn't want to have to knock each other out of the playoffs. By Eli landing in NYG, it gives them a chance to play in a SB against each other. May never happen, but atleast it is a possibility.

Lienert needs to MAN up and play for the team that drafts him.

Mute point until it actually happens, but I brought it up anyway.
    It is a moot point until it happens...but the Saints should be prepared just in case!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

I do not think that Leinert will be the second pick if Young declares for the draft, after the performance he put on last night I think that he will be the second pick! He was smokin last night, Leinert is a more traditional pocket passer but Young proved he is a force and I think he will declare for the draft. If he does then the Saints will take him, and that Leinert would go third.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

"snowinapril" wrote:
    It is sad to here, but the media is already "telling" Matt that he should pull an Elway or a Manning.

Right now it is looking as if the Saints would be in line for him at the no. 2 spot in the draft. Since Brooks has been on the outs, it is likely that they would be interested.

If they are in line to draft him, should he demand a trade????
    Umm.. yeah, if he has the balls to do it, and that is if he really does not want to go there. It may sound pretty rotten, but this is the Saints.. so there is an exception to every rule.

KJ
    KJ is offline Pro-Bowler

"whackthepack" wrote:
    I do not think that Leinert will be the second pick if Young declares for the draft, after the performance he put on last night I think that he will be the second pick! He was smokin last night, Leinert is a more traditional pocket passer but Young proved he is a force and I think he will declare for the draft. If he does then the Saints will take him, and that Leinert would go third.
    Leinart is still rated the better pro prospect. There was probably nothing to change that on the field last night, except for a serious injury.

MrGopher16 is offline Hall of Famer

If young declares for the draft keep in mind. He should but he has said that he wouldn't. After the way he played last night i find it doubtful he'd return. Unless he really wants to get the heisman that bad.

Whether the saints take leinhart or young depends on if they want a similar QB to the type they've been so used to (aaron brooks) or if they want a change from that scrambling type of QB and want to go with more of a pocket passer (leinhart). Either way whoever isn't drafted would probably go to the jets a few picks later.
    ;-)

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

Winning the national championship is bigger than the heisman, how fitting that Young, who would lose out to Bush for the trophy, would beat Bush and USC in the big one. It was like a movie.

DogPound is offline Rookie

I can understand not wanting to play for a team ...how ever since when is any player let a alone a un proven one above the the nfl and the game it's self....It's like saying I am so good that I should be able to pick where I play. I dont think he's like that but if he is the Saints are better off with out him. This is the problem with players today....you should be thanking the team no matter who they are for paying you the un goddly amount your paying and just play the damn game of football!
    ~ I BLEED PURPLE!! ~

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

If Vince Young declares, this will be a moot point...because either Houston will probably take Bush, the Saints will take Young and the Titans will take Leinart (thereby reuniting him with Norm Chow).
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

he will end up in tennesee just watch, anyways new orleans don't want to pay him the money they probably will trade down cause their owner is so cheap. plus vince "the next byron leftwitch" young will probably go over him
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

"DemonicViking" wrote:
    Winning the national championship is bigger than the heisman, how fitting that Young, who would lose out to Bush for the trophy, would beat Bush and USC in the big one. It was like a movie.
    true but who knew bush would be stupid enough to throw the ball back, and who knew that vince young would throw for a touchdown when his knee was on the ground? usc should have one
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast