Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Mallett is Better than Gabbert (Insider Article)

ESPN Mallett vs. Gabbert

I don't think I'm allowed to quote insider stories on here, not sure though. Good read if you have an insider account on ESPN. I really hope the Vikings get Mallett. I've wanted him ever since the beginning of the offseason, and I don't care where we take him as long as we get him. Especially over some loser like Newton.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Mallett is Better than Gabbert (Insider Article)

Stanzi is better than both and if they don't like it they can leave.:woohoo:

Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler

I like Mallet too. I don't see how anyone could watch the two QBs and think Gabbert is better.

Brewtal is offline Starter

I would much rather have Mallet than Newton. Newton has butst written all over him in my opinion.... Mallet could possably be a bust as well, but I would rather take the chances with him. I'm still convinced the passer qb is better than the runner qb. You look at the last 10 years of playoffs/teams/QB and the passer qb wins all the super bowls.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I'd rather have Newton, but personally, I'd rather go with Locker.

I saw a mock, which had us picking him in the second. If we could do that I'd be pumped: http://walterfootball.com/draft2011_2.php

At that point, Mallet and Locker are still available. If we could grab either, I think it's worth it there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Brewtal" #1091824
    I would much rather have Mallet than Newton. Newton has butst written all over him in my opinion.... Mallet could possably be a bust as well, but I would rather take the chances with him. I'm still convinced the passer qb is better than the runner qb. You look at the last 10 years of playoffs/teams/QB and the passer qb wins all the super bowls.
    Umm, look at the past 5 Winning QB's. None of them are pure scramblers, but they're all agile and mobile

2010: Rodgers. One of the most underrated rushing QB's in the league IMO. People look at him as a passer, which he is great at, but he can hurt you on the ground. Led the league for QB's in rushing yards I think.
    2009: Brees: Deceptively mobile. Not a runner at all, but he's got the quickness to do it if he wants to
    2008: Roethlisberger: He makes a living off scrambling to find room to pass for a game winning TD', or scrambling to score a superbowl TD that should never have been a TD against the Seahawks
    2007: Eli: Not a runner, probably the more "Pocket passer" so far, but is faster than his brother, that's for sure
    2006: Roethlisberger: See above

5 years, 4 quite mobile QB's, 1 guy who's more of a pocket guy, but can still move if he absolutely needs to.

We don't need a MIke Vick, but we need a guy with a great arm, ability to decide where to go, and can move if needed.

I have a feeling Newton will be better than Pep was for us in the early 2000's

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Ive got a top 10 grade on Mallett - but thats without taking any off-field stories into consideration.. I think he is easily the most NFL ready QB in the draft, his arm gives him upside and his footwork can be corrected..

Is he arrogant and selfish? - well from the footage ive seen during his workouts, he seems like a good guy who gets on fine with his colleagues.. Thats worth something for me..

Did he smoke and do cocaine in college?.. My only question is he off that.. Every kid makes mistakes in their past.. But if you can leave it behind, it will help you grow and turn into a better person...

Im starting to like Gabbert again - i was on him and then off him, but he had an excellent pro day and did some things that impressed me..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Blog Entries

Wanna point out, Harvin got busted for drugs AT THE COMBINE. Yet we love him

Brewtal is offline Starter

Yeah, and everyone of them are a pass first qb. Being able to see the pressure is also something they are all good at. I didn't watch a lot of Newton play last year, but what I did see was him as more of a running back than a qb. When he did throw, I was not impressed at all with his accuracey. He did have some strength behind the throw I will give him that, he didn't seem to have good vision of the field IMO.

I've watched Mallet even less so I really can't give an hounest opinion on him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Brewtal" #1091835
    Yeah, and everyone of them are a pass first qb. Being able to see the pressure is also something they are all good at. I didn't watch a lot of Newton play last year, but what I did see was him as more of a running back than a qb. When he did throw, I was not impressed at all with his accuracey. He did have some strength behind the throw I will give him that, he didn't seem to have good vision of the field IMO.

I've watched Mallet even less so I really can't give an hounest opinion on him.
    translation:

I haven't watched him, but I see he's fast, so he must be like Vick.

He's a scrambler, that's for sure. He's also made some great throws. You don't see anybody gushing all over Terrell Pryor.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast