Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Madieu Williams FS

http://www.kffl.com/player/9789/nfl

Looks like a possibility for our vacant FS position and Frazier wants him. High character guy who has had a produtive carear. Sacks, picks and tackles. I didn't know who he was but he is now looking like one of the better Safetys in FA.

I would much rather make this move then to reach for a safety in first round. Some reports coming out thought the bengals would frachise tag him.

If we found a way to get him and Smith we would be totally robbing the bengals!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Madieu Williams FS

"VikingsTw" wrote:

Looks like a possibility for our vacant FS position and Frazier wants him. High character guy who has had a produtive carear. Sacks, picks and tackles. I didn't know who he was but he is now looking like one of the better Safetys in FA.

I would much rather make this move then to reach for a safety in first round. Some reports coming out thought the bengals would frachise tag him.

I actually like Williams.
    I would think that he is on a short list of possible candidates for replacing Smith.

Others to consider are Gibril Wilson and Sammy Knight (although he is a bit small).

As far as a reach on S in the first round.
    There are 3 guys that are touted by several draft Guru's as instant starters or at least able to provide significant impact thier first year in the NFL.

Kenny Phillips, Reggie Smith and Rogers-Comartie.
    Depending on which page you look at Comartie is above Phillips or Phillips is above Comartie.

Regardless I wouldn't classify them as reaches.

I would be very happy with a roster of

Sharp
    Williams/Wilson
    Griffin/Doss/Williams (Tank)
    Frampton
    Rookie (Phillips/Comartie/Smith)

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

aaeyers is offline Pro-Bowler

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:

I would think that he is on a short list of possible candidates for replacing Smith.

Others to consider are Gibril Wilson and Sammy Knight (although he is a bit small).

There are 3 guys that are touted by several draft Guru's as instant starters or at least able to provide significant impact thier first year in the NFL.

Depending on which page you look at Comartie is above Phillips or Phillips is above Comartie.

Sharp
    Williams/Wilson
    Frampton
    Where do you read that Cromartie projects as a safety? It makes sense to me, but none of the sites read have ever mentioned him playing safety? I think he would be a beast back there at FS though.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

I think its just based on his size, i like him better at corner..

Back to Williams, there was a report that Frazier wanted him on the team, i think he might have coached him when he was at the Bengals, but it cant be for more than a season.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

"skum" wrote:

Back to Williams, there was a report that Frazier wanted him on the team, i think he might have coached him when he was at the Bengals, but it cant be for more than a season.
    I don't know what to think about Williams. He has the size and production, he seems to be a good player, but I've just never heard of him before. I'm always weary about guys coming from a team like the Bengals, but I'll have to do some more research before I make my judgement on him. It does make sense that Frazier would want to bring him in though, but personally I think/hope that we draft a safety in the first round instead. We need some youth back there.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"skum" wrote:

Ahhh, theres the conection. He had a good rookie season that year.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"aaeyers" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:

Sharp
    Williams/Wilson
    Frampton
    Where do you read that Cromartie projects as a safety? It makes sense to me, but none of the sites read have ever mentioned him playing safety? I think he would be a beast back there at FS though.
    '

I'm damn near positive he played Safety at the senior bowl.

"aaeyers" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:

Sharp
    Williams/Wilson
    Frampton
    Again, I pay for several sites on stuff like this and can't put thier stuff in here as it would get Webby in trouble (probably me as well) however, I like to use this free one as they are pretty close to what the big boys have.

http://www.nfldraftdog.com/2008_nfl_...alue_board.htm
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "aaeyers" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:

Sharp
    Williams/Wilson
    Frampton
    Again, I pay for several sites on stuff like this and can't put thier stuff in here as it would get Webby in trouble (probably me as well) however, I like to use this free one as they are pretty close to what the big boys have.

Haha that explains it. Draft Dog is the one site I don't visit because I usually think its way off. I like nfldraftscout.com, walterfootball.com and fftoolbox.com are the sites I go to, and they are usually pretty consistent with each other, and with my opinions.

"aaeyers" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "aaeyers" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:

Sharp
    Williams/Wilson
    Frampton

Haha that explains it. Draft Dog is the one site I don't visit because I usually think its way off. I like nfldraftscout.com, walterfootball.com and fftoolbox.com are the sites I go to, and they are usually pretty consistent with each other, and with my opinions.
    I visit those sites as well but also like Ourlads the best.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast