Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: LT and Favre? Tomlinson to visit Vikes

jmcdon00 wrote:
    http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=561&line=16966 6&spln=1

Vikings GM Rick Spielman insisted Thursday that there's no pressure to finalize a deal with LaDainian Tomlinson before he leaves team headquarters.
    Spielman isn't bowing to the pressure put on by Tomlinson's agent, who scheduled a timely visit with the Jets on Friday. Tomlinson shouldn't expect a deal greater than Thomas Jones' two-year, $5 million deal with the Chiefs.
    I have a boner just thinking about what are offense will be capable of.
    Thanks for the read my friend.....

Quick question for all of you.....

Spielman isn't bowing to the pressure put on by Tomlinson's agent, who scheduled a timely visit with the Jets on Friday.
    Who the hell is calling the shots around here with respect to player personnel transactions.

Were is that contingent (Haven't seen Schutz in a while) who keep trying to tell me the HC does it all? :silly:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Re:LT and Favre? Tomlinson to visit Vikes

LT makes perfect sense IMO, has from the second he was released. He can definitely fill the role Chester Taylor had...no problem.

The Vikes are also trying to sell a new stadium to the fine people of Minnesota. Let's face it folks, LT is a better draw, than CT...just sayin'.

Is he a better fit for the system? Will he contribute more? I have full faith that the FO knows better than me. I thin this would be a good move for the Vikes.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

I say we draft Blount from Oregon... sure he has character issues, but he'd be a steal in the draft. And if he flips out after a game and punches a Packer player, all the better.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

NodakPaul wrote:
    He also said that the opportunity to work with Favre would be tremendous. Something else that I like to hear!
    ok playing devils advocate, supposing he signs and Favre doesn't come back - would he then think he'd been signed under false pretences?
    So any chance that LT's agent has been in touch with Favre to sound him out as to whether he may come back or not so that he can advise his client on signing or not?
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

C Mac D wrote:
    I say we draft Blount from Oregon... sure he has character issues, but he'd be a steal in the draft. And if he flips out after a game and punches a Packer player, all the better.
    I've mentioned his name several times in the hope of getting a response. To date, no one has jumped on the idea.

I'm with you, I love cats that have a bit of tude about them and think he would be a damn fine RB in our scheme. Problem is, I think he is more of a AD type of workhorse instead of a "Change of Pace" third down back.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

midgensa wrote:
    idahovikefan7 wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=561&line=16966 6&spln=1

Vikings GM Rick Spielman insisted Thursday that there's no pressure to finalize a deal with LaDainian Tomlinson before he leaves team headquarters.
    Spielman isn't bowing to the pressure put on by Tomlinson's agent, who scheduled a timely visit with the Jets on Friday. Tomlinson shouldn't expect a deal greater than Thomas Jones' two-year, $5 million deal with the Chiefs.
    I have a boner just thinking about what are offense will be capable of.
    With that comment, it sounds like he will definately be visiting the jets come tomorrow. He's going to go where ever the money is best.
    No doubt money will play a big role in it. Also PT might be a little better in NY (though Greene is really stepping up now).
    I do think he LOVES the idea of playing with Favre, AD and a team that is a real Super Bowl contender though after feeling like the Chargers kept coming up short and did not use him to his fullest.
    I like our chances, but if the Jets are serious, then it could be a close one.
    Doubtful that they Jets are going to be offering very much in terms of compensation.

Per a league source, the Jets had a chance to match the two-year, $5 million contract that the Chiefs paid to running back Thomas Jones, but opted not to do so. If the Jets weren't willing to pay that much money to Jones after he had a career-high rushing total of 1,402 yards in 2009, why would they give that much or more to Tomlinson?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Blog Entries

jmcdon00 wrote:
    jargomcfargo wrote:
    LT is leaving for New York after lunch.
    Oh well!
    What you talkin about Willis?

Where did you here that?
    Well, it's 3:21pm and he is still at Winter Park...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Blog Entries

AngloVike wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    He also said that the opportunity to work with Favre would be tremendous. Something else that I like to hear!
    ok playing devils advocate, supposing he signs and Favre doesn't come back - would he then think he'd been signed under false pretences?
    So any chance that LT's agent has been in touch with Favre to sound him out as to whether he may come back or not so that he can advise his client on signing or not?
    I would be shocked if he wasn't talking to Favre. I am sure that is part of the discussion.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Marrdro wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    I've mentioned his name several times in the hope of getting a response. To date, no one has jumped on the idea.

I'm with you, I love cats that have a bit of tude about them and think he would be a damn fine RB in our scheme. Problem is, I think he is more of a AD type of workhorse instead of a "Change of Pace" third down back.
    Why give up a draft pick for an unproven player when you can get a proven commodity for free?

LT's demise has been greatly exaggerated. He had a down year after coming off of knee surgery and missed playing time for the first time in his career. For comparison sake Darren Sproles ypc dropped more than LT's.

Marrdro wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:

Yes Blount definately has an attitude, but I would say it's more on the lines of issues. Hell, I was at that game he punched our player, and witnessed him flip our fans off as we boo'd his team off the bus.

He was also charging that fan after the game. I don't think he's a character I would like to see on the vikings.....Maybe after some good anger management and counseling.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast