Page 1 of 14 123 11 ... LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

LT and Favre? Tomlinson to visit Vikes

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Vikings-prepare-for-LaDainian-Tomlinsons-visit-64729965

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: LT and Favre? Tomlinson to visit Vikes

Judd's article today makes it sound like LT is more than happy to be a third down back.

He is really saying the right things... I am starting to get excited about the possibility...

He also said that the opportunity to work with Favre would be tremendous. Something else that I like to hear!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:LT and Favre? Tomlinson to visit Vikes

BadlandsVikings wrote:
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Vikings-prepare-for-LaDainian-Tomlinsons-visit-64729965
    Thanks for the read my friend.

The more I look into this, the more I am for it, even though I was so dead set against it initially.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NodakPaul wrote:
    Judd's article today makes it sound like LT is more than happy to be a third down back.

He is really saying the right things... I am starting to get excited about the possibility...

He also said that the opportunity to work with Favre would be tremendous. Something else that I like to hear!
    Don't get me wrong, I am still convinced his skills (lost a step or two) have degraded, however, there has been alot of talk about how that OL out there has shifted more towards a "Pass Block First" mentality which also contributed to some drop off in production.

I am kindof onboard with the idea of him coming here as long as he understands his role.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I think LT would be a bigger prescence in our passing game than the running game. Obviously if he is the third down back, he will be out on routes quite often and I would love to see him coming out in the flat for a catch and run. Do not let him leave without signing a contract Zygi and Chilly.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I am still convinced his skills (lost a step or two) have degraded, however, there has been alot of talk about how that OL out there has shifted more towards a "Pass Block First" mentality which also contributed to some drop off in production.

I am kindof onboard with the idea of him coming here as long as he understands his role.
    I agree, and to be honest, I was a little worried that he wouldn't understand his role. But hearing stuff like this makes me happy.

Asked by Judd Zulgad of the Minneapolis Star Tribune whether he'd accept the role of third-down tailback in the Vikings' offense, Tomlinson said, "I don't [have a problem with it]. I know I can catch the ball really well out of the backfield, can run routes and that's something that I've always looked for as I got older in my career. Being able to fall back on that. Not having to carry the ball as much. I think that's what was lost in San Diego because I was the only guy that could really carry the ball 20 times. So my third-down role was reduced. So now I'm looking for that. It's something I can do and I can fit in well."
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

VKG4LFE wrote:
    I think LT would be a bigger prescence in our passing game than the running game. Obviously if he is the third down back, he will be out on routes quite often and I would love to see him coming out in the flat for a catch and run. Do not let him leave without signing a contract Zygi and Chilly.
    I hear ya about the passing game, but don't you think that the primary reason CT did so well was because he posed a threat both as a runner and as a pass catcher?

NodakPaul wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:

I agree, and to be honest, I was a little worried that he wouldn't understand his role. But hearing stuff like this makes me happy.

Asked by Judd Zulgad of the Minneapolis Star Tribune whether he'd accept the role of third-down tailback in the Vikings' offense, Tomlinson said, "I don't [have a problem with it]. I know I can catch the ball really well out of the backfield, can run routes and that's something that I've always looked for as I got older in my career. Being able to fall back on that. Not having to carry the ball as much. I think that's what was lost in San Diego because I was the only guy that could really carry the ball 20 times. So my third-down role was reduced. So now I'm looking for that. It's something I can do and I can fit in well."
    Thanks. Saw that.....

Damn this is gonna be an exciting team this year.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=561&line=16966 6&spln=1

Vikings GM Rick Spielman insisted Thursday that there's no pressure to finalize a deal with LaDainian Tomlinson before he leaves team headquarters.
    Spielman isn't bowing to the pressure put on by Tomlinson's agent, who scheduled a timely visit with the Jets on Friday. Tomlinson shouldn't expect a deal greater than Thomas Jones' two-year, $5 million deal with the Chiefs.
    I have a boner just thinking about what are offense will be capable of.

jmcdon00 wrote:
    http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=561&line=16966 6&spln=1

Vikings GM Rick Spielman insisted Thursday that there's no pressure to finalize a deal with LaDainian Tomlinson before he leaves team headquarters.
    Spielman isn't bowing to the pressure put on by Tomlinson's agent, who scheduled a timely visit with the Jets on Friday. Tomlinson shouldn't expect a deal greater than Thomas Jones' two-year, $5 million deal with the Chiefs.
    I have a boner just thinking about what are offense will be capable of.
    With that comment, it sounds like he will definately be visiting the jets come tomorrow. He's going to go where ever the money is best.

Page 1 of 14 123 11 ... LastLast