Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

Re: LOSMAN WANTS OUT OF BUFFALO

"C" wrote:
    "DaVizzles" wrote:
    "tb04512" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    1.) I don't want him... nor do we need another mediocre QB on the roster. Give me T-Jack any day.

2.) Mewelde Moore and him don't get along. Moore hates Losman, but it doesn't even matter if we don't keep Memo.

3.) Fire Childress
    memo hates losman?
    Why would MeMo hate Losman? They are both Tulane alumns.
    Here something...

http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/16975.html

More than anything, I think Losman's struggles can be attributed to an inability to lead. Even his former college teammate, Vikings running back Mewelde Moore, once said he'd never want Losman as a teammate again. Why? Because he simply isn't mature, and that's a big reason why former Bills DB Troy Vincent delivered a hit on him in summer 2004, breaking the then-rookie's leg in training camp. The hit wasn't intended to injure Losman, who was wearing the red jersey, meaning he wasn't supposed to be touched by any defender. Nonetheless, it did send a message and then some.
    wow..
    didnt know that

Thanks josdin00

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

in Lossman's defense would any QB play beyond mediocre in Buffalo? Not that we would want him but some of those QB's on poor teams intrege me because I wonder how they would do on a good team. I honestly think that even a QB like TJ woukld look worse(is that even possible ;D) on a team like Buffalo.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Garland" wrote:
    in Lossman's defense would any QB play beyond mediocre in Buffalo? Not that we would want him but some of those QB's on poor teams intrege me because I wonder how they would do on a good team. I honestly think that even a QB like TJ woukld look worse(is that even possible ;D) on a team like Buffalo.
    That is probably what the Bills think of us right now.
    LOL!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Garland" wrote:
    Great point.
    A certain QB that was drafted to replace a legend then wallowed in mediocrity is now leading a team to the playoffs.

Makes one
    wonder doesn't it.

Anyway, Nice little nugget in the article..........

"That ship has sailed, my friend," Gary Wichard said regarding the possibility of Losman staying with the team beyond 2008, the final year of his rookie contract.
    "Hopefully, they do something this year.
    And if not, we'll just walk away after next year."
    Seems the trend of friendliness is catching on my friends.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Garland" wrote:
    Unlees we fix a few things the same thing can be said about our offense. They better add some linemen this year and do something at WR.

We have not had a 100 yd game from a wr since 2005. That sucks

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

Add to all of this with the fact the Losman would have to compete to win the job as starting QB, and it seems obvious that he doesn't want to do that in Buffalo.

It would be a mistake to throw a Losman on the roster.. to me, add a experience vet that knows that his playing time will be sporatic and is willing to help mentor TJ and Brooks.. One that played like TJ does so that he can help mold the kid. McNair seems logical to me.. can start a couple of games if needed but can also help the kids along. :twocents:

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

From what Pat Williams said, Losman thinks he was "entitled" to certain things because he was a first round pick. With this recent news of him trying to get out of Buffalo, it would appear he still thinks he is entitled to certain things just because of his draft despite his poor play.

Just say no to Losman.

in Lossman's defense would any QB play beyond mediocre in Buffalo? Not that we would want him but some of those QB's on poor teams intrege me because I wonder how they would do on a good team. I honestly think that even a QB like TJ woukld look worse(is that even possible Grin) on a team like Buffalo.
    I don't know what their O Line was like, but he has always had good receivers and a good running back. And Edwards came in and looked better, so that would lead me to conclude that it might have been Losman's problem.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

"happy" wrote:
    From what Pat Williams said, Losman thinks he was "entitled" to certain things because he was a first round pick. With this recent news of him trying to get out of Buffalo, it would appear he still thinks he is entitled to certain things just because of his draft despite his poor play.

Just say no to Losman.

in Lossman's defense would any QB play beyond mediocre in Buffalo? Not that we would want him but some of those QB's on poor teams intrege me because I wonder how they would do on a good team. I honestly think that even a QB like TJ woukld look worse(is that even possible Grin) on a team like Buffalo.
    I don't know what their O Line was like, but he has always had good receivers and a good running back. And Edwards came in and looked better, so that would lead me to conclude that it might have been Losman's problem.
    That's my understanding of Losman's attitude too.
    Basically, everyone thinks he's a jerk.
    I don't think we want or need another headcase, especially one that can't play.

As to how Edwards did relative to Losman, Edwards stats were actually a little worse (comp. % - YPA - TD - INT - Rate):

Losman - 63.4% - 6.9 - 4 - 6 - 76.9
    Edwards - 56.1% - 6.1 - 7 - 8 - 70.4

Of course, Edwards is a rookie and the team seemed to like him.
    Losman has been around in the system for years and does not appear to be well liked.
    So for them to decide to go with Edwards is still the right move in my opinion.

"pack93z" wrote:
    Add to all of this with the fact the Losman would have to compete to win the job as starting QB, and it seems obvious that he doesn't want to do that in Buffalo.

It would be a mistake to throw a Losman on the roster.. to me, add a experience vet that knows that his playing time will be sporatic and is willing to help mentor TJ and Brooks.. One that played like TJ does so that he can help mold the kid. McNair seems logical to me.. can start a couple of games if needed but can also help the kids along. :twocents:
    I actually think that could make a lot of sense if and when McNair gets cut.
    I believe his injury was to his non-throwing shoulder, so I would think he'd be ready to go come training camp at least.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Losman would be an improvement over all of our Qbs....Now excuse me while i go and drink myself to sleep because of that statment
    :-[ :-

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

Losman is not good enough to be a starting QB in this league.
    That's the reason he keeps losing his starting job.
    He doesn't want to be in Buffalo because they keep benching him.
    Does he really expect to start elsewhere in this league???
    I would be very upset if we pursue Losman.
    The only place I can see him starting right now is Miami.
    I'm not exactly impressed with Tarvaris Jackson thus far, but Losman seems like a step backward.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast