Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

Re: Looking more like a "upgrade" in the draft

"V-Unit" wrote:
    "DaunteHOF" wrote:
    We need a QB for the future along with our other needs
    You say that, and then you say in another thread that Cutler is being overly hyped. So if you want the Vikings to pick up a future QB, who do you suggest?
    He wants Vince Young and stated it earlier in this thread I believe, but he has it backwards because Vince is grossly over hyped.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

damien927 is offline Asst. Coach

"Dwags" wrote:
    I personally am hesitant to move up to grab a quarterback, although I wouldn't being against taking one at 17 if one of the three fell that far. However, I would rather build our linebacker and o-line through our first three picks, pray that BJ lasts two years, and then pick up a quarterback in the first round next year (or else pick up a viable free agent quarterback).

Is anyone uber-familiar enough with the college game to know any big time quarterbacks that will be available in next year's draft? The only one that comes to mind is the Notre Dame QB.
    It usually changes during the year, but Brady Quinn is probably going to be the top QB next year. The QB pool won't be nearly as deep next year though, so we might want to get one this year. I heard that Quinn might be the top pick overall, too expensive.

Thanks Lotza!

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    "V-Unit" wrote:
    "DaunteHOF" wrote:
    You say that, and then you say in another thread that Cutler is being overly hyped. So if you want the Vikings to pick up a future QB, who do you suggest?
    He wants Vince Young and stated it earlier in this thread I believe, but he has it backwards because Vince is grossly over hyped.
    Ugh. All I want is a good pocket passer.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

vikeswin2005 is offline Hall of Famer

"V-Unit" wrote:
    "DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    "V-Unit" wrote:
    "DaunteHOF" wrote:
    Ugh. All I want is a good pocket passer.
    EXACTLY

80_was_the_man is offline Training Camp

Why dont we shop Onterrio and see what we can get for him, maybe another pick, trade up to nab a big LB like Hawk and we can still meet all the other needs. I like Fason, remember we took him and he needs to develope and could very well behind Taylor. He is the same type of back as White and wouldve gotten those chances had the passing attack of UF been as good as USC.

And I agree with holding off and doing all we can next year to take Quinn who could very well be the number 1 pick.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Onterrio is worth nothing.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"80_was_the_man" wrote:
    Why dont we shop Onterrio and see what we can get for him, maybe another pick, trade up to nab a big LB like Hawk and we can still meet all the other needs. I like Fason, remember we took him and he needs to develope and could very well behind Taylor. He is the same type of back as White and wouldve gotten those chances had the passing attack of UF been as good as USC.

And I agree with holding off and doing all we can next year to take Quinn who could very well be the number 1 pick.
    we need Smith for short yardage situations..trust me, hes the only back we have that just gets the ball, and runs straight into the line with his head down..with moe gone, we need somebody who can do that properly..fason was horrible at it because he isnt that kind of runner, smith is though..same type of back as white? i dont think uve ever seen fason or white play have you? white can plow through guys and can be compared to jerome bettis..fason is a finesse runner who likes to bounce outside..nowhere near the same player..fason is better suited on 1st and 2nd down as an insurance policy
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"olson_10" wrote:
    "80_was_the_man" wrote:

we need Smith for short yardage situations..trust me, hes the only back we have that just gets the ball, and runs straight into the line with his head down..with moe gone, we need somebody who can do that properly..fason was horrible at it because he isnt that kind of runner, smith is though..same type of back as white? i dont think uve ever seen fason or white play have you? white can plow through guys and can be compared to jerome bettis..fason is a finesse runner who likes to bounce outside..nowhere near the same player
    As long as Taylor proves he is somewhat durable he will be fine in short yardage situations running behind Richardson. We will not have to specialize with our RBs this year. The starter will only come out when he needs a rest, or Childress wants a change of pace.

The Stallion is right. Onterrio is worth nothing trade-wise.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

"V-Unit" wrote:
    "magicci" wrote:
    "V-Unit" wrote:
    1. Draft LB
    2. Draft OL
    3. Trade up to draft QB

I was hoping we would pick up a DE on the first day, but we signed that idiot Scott dude. Totally not worth it. I really think we are going to trade up because I can't imagine what we are going to do with 8 draft picks. Our depth is only bad at. We will probably look for these positions throughout the draft: QB, RB, OL, TE?, DL, LB, CB?
    why do you say we will draft a running back?
    Depending on what Childress thinks of the Onterrio Smith situation, he may choose to get a RB on day 2. Right now we have Taylor, MeMo, Fason, and Echimonde. Another backup RB would help add depth.
    keep smith, cut echimandu..draft one thats big and physical in the 5th-7th round
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

"V-Unit" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "80_was_the_man" wrote:

we need Smith for short yardage situations..trust me, hes the only back we have that just gets the ball, and runs straight into the line with his head down..with moe gone, we need somebody who can do that properly..fason was horrible at it because he isnt that kind of runner, smith is though..same type of back as white? i dont think uve ever seen fason or white play have you? white can plow through guys and can be compared to jerome bettis..fason is a finesse runner who likes to bounce outside..nowhere near the same player
    As long as Taylor proves he is somewhat durable he will be fine in short yardage situations running behind Richardson. We will not have to specialize with our RBs this year. The starter will only come out when he needs a rest, or Childress wants a change of pace.

The Stallion is right. Onterrio is worth nothing trade-wise.
    that is why there is no point in dealing him..the guy is going to play for the absolute minimum amount, so it wouldnt cost us a thing..if you can have just 1 guy playing in goal-line and short yardage situations, its not a problem..taylor isnt a bruiser, so it wouldnt be a problem to have a guy making no money, that is a north-south runner carrying the ball only on 3rd and short

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast