Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37
  1. #21
    DarrinNelsonguy's Avatar
    DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,118

    Re: Looking more like a "upgrade" in the draft

    "V-Unit" wrote:
    "DaunteHOF" wrote:
    We need a QB for the future along with our other needs
    You say that, and then you say in another thread that Cutler is being overly hyped. So if you want the Vikings to pick up a future QB, who do you suggest?
    He wants Vince Young and stated it earlier in this thread I believe, but he has it backwards because Vince is grossly over hyped.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

  2. #22
    damien927's Avatar
    damien927 is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    610

    Re: Looking more like a "upgrade" in the draft

    "Dwags" wrote:
    I personally am hesitant to move up to grab a quarterback, although I wouldn't being against taking one at 17 if one of the three fell that far. However, I would rather build our linebacker and o-line through our first three picks, pray that BJ lasts two years, and then pick up a quarterback in the first round next year (or else pick up a viable free agent quarterback).

    Is anyone uber-familiar enough with the college game to know any big time quarterbacks that will be available in next year's draft? The only one that comes to mind is the Notre Dame QB.
    It usually changes during the year, but Brady Quinn is probably going to be the top QB next year. The QB pool won't be nearly as deep next year though, so we might want to get one this year. I heard that Quinn might be the top pick overall, too expensive.

    Thanks Lotza!

  3. #23
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Looking more like a "upgrade" in the draft

    "DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    "V-Unit" wrote:
    "DaunteHOF" wrote:
    We need a QB for the future along with our other needs
    You say that, and then you say in another thread that Cutler is being overly hyped. So if you want the Vikings to pick up a future QB, who do you suggest?
    He wants Vince Young and stated it earlier in this thread I believe, but he has it backwards because Vince is grossly over hyped.
    Ugh. All I want is a good pocket passer.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  4. #24
    vikeswin2005's Avatar
    vikeswin2005 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,641

    Re: Looking more like a "upgrade" in the draft

    "V-Unit" wrote:
    "DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    "V-Unit" wrote:
    "DaunteHOF" wrote:
    We need a QB for the future along with our other needs
    You say that, and then you say in another thread that Cutler is being overly hyped. So if you want the Vikings to pick up a future QB, who do you suggest?
    He wants Vince Young and stated it earlier in this thread I believe, but he has it backwards because Vince is grossly over hyped.
    Ugh. All I want is a good pocket passer.
    EXACTLY

  5. #25
    80_was_the_man's Avatar
    80_was_the_man is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    42

    Re: Looking more like a "upgrade" in the draft

    Why dont we shop Onterrio and see what we can get for him, maybe another pick, trade up to nab a big LB like Hawk and we can still meet all the other needs. I like Fason, remember we took him and he needs to develope and could very well behind Taylor. He is the same type of back as White and wouldve gotten those chances had the passing attack of UF been as good as USC.

    And I agree with holding off and doing all we can next year to take Quinn who could very well be the number 1 pick.

  6. #26
    ItalianStallion's Avatar
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,615

    Re: Looking more like a "upgrade" in the draft

    Onterrio is worth nothing.


    I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

  7. #27
    olson_10's Avatar
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: Looking more like a "upgrade" in the draft

    "80_was_the_man" wrote:
    Why dont we shop Onterrio and see what we can get for him, maybe another pick, trade up to nab a big LB like Hawk and we can still meet all the other needs. I like Fason, remember we took him and he needs to develope and could very well behind Taylor. He is the same type of back as White and wouldve gotten those chances had the passing attack of UF been as good as USC.

    And I agree with holding off and doing all we can next year to take Quinn who could very well be the number 1 pick.
    we need Smith for short yardage situations..trust me, hes the only back we have that just gets the ball, and runs straight into the line with his head down..with moe gone, we need somebody who can do that properly..fason was horrible at it because he isnt that kind of runner, smith is though..same type of back as white? i dont think uve ever seen fason or white play have you? white can plow through guys and can be compared to jerome bettis..fason is a finesse runner who likes to bounce outside..nowhere near the same player..fason is better suited on 1st and 2nd down as an insurance policy
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

  8. #28
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Looking more like a "upgrade" in the draft

    "olson_10" wrote:
    "80_was_the_man" wrote:
    Why dont we shop Onterrio and see what we can get for him, maybe another pick, trade up to nab a big LB like Hawk and we can still meet all the other needs. I like Fason, remember we took him and he needs to develope and could very well behind Taylor. He is the same type of back as White and wouldve gotten those chances had the passing attack of UF been as good as USC.

    And I agree with holding off and doing all we can next year to take Quinn who could very well be the number 1 pick.
    we need Smith for short yardage situations..trust me, hes the only back we have that just gets the ball, and runs straight into the line with his head down..with moe gone, we need somebody who can do that properly..fason was horrible at it because he isnt that kind of runner, smith is though..same type of back as white? i dont think uve ever seen fason or white play have you? white can plow through guys and can be compared to jerome bettis..fason is a finesse runner who likes to bounce outside..nowhere near the same player
    As long as Taylor proves he is somewhat durable he will be fine in short yardage situations running behind Richardson. We will not have to specialize with our RBs this year. The starter will only come out when he needs a rest, or Childress wants a change of pace.

    The Stallion is right. Onterrio is worth nothing trade-wise.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  9. #29
    olson_10's Avatar
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: Looking more like a "upgrade" in the draft

    "V-Unit" wrote:
    "magicci" wrote:
    "V-Unit" wrote:
    1. Draft LB
    2. Draft OL
    3. Trade up to draft QB

    I was hoping we would pick up a DE on the first day, but we signed that idiot Scott dude. Totally not worth it. I really think we are going to trade up because I can't imagine what we are going to do with 8 draft picks. Our depth is only bad at. We will probably look for these positions throughout the draft: QB, RB, OL, TE?, DL, LB, CB?
    why do you say we will draft a running back?
    Depending on what Childress thinks of the Onterrio Smith situation, he may choose to get a RB on day 2. Right now we have Taylor, MeMo, Fason, and Echimonde. Another backup RB would help add depth.
    keep smith, cut echimandu..draft one thats big and physical in the 5th-7th round
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

  10. #30
    olson_10's Avatar
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: Looking more like a "upgrade" in the draft

    "V-Unit" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "80_was_the_man" wrote:
    Why dont we shop Onterrio and see what we can get for him, maybe another pick, trade up to nab a big LB like Hawk and we can still meet all the other needs. I like Fason, remember we took him and he needs to develope and could very well behind Taylor. He is the same type of back as White and wouldve gotten those chances had the passing attack of UF been as good as USC.

    And I agree with holding off and doing all we can next year to take Quinn who could very well be the number 1 pick.
    we need Smith for short yardage situations..trust me, hes the only back we have that just gets the ball, and runs straight into the line with his head down..with moe gone, we need somebody who can do that properly..fason was horrible at it because he isnt that kind of runner, smith is though..same type of back as white? i dont think uve ever seen fason or white play have you? white can plow through guys and can be compared to jerome bettis..fason is a finesse runner who likes to bounce outside..nowhere near the same player
    As long as Taylor proves he is somewhat durable he will be fine in short yardage situations running behind Richardson. We will not have to specialize with our RBs this year. The starter will only come out when he needs a rest, or Childress wants a change of pace.

    The Stallion is right. Onterrio is worth nothing trade-wise.
    that is why there is no point in dealing him..the guy is going to play for the absolute minimum amount, so it wouldnt cost us a thing..if you can have just 1 guy playing in goal-line and short yardage situations, its not a problem..taylor isnt a bruiser, so it wouldnt be a problem to have a guy making no money, that is a north-south runner carrying the ball only on 3rd and short
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Forums Upgrade
    By Webby in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-29-2010, 02:48 PM
  2. The new IE 7.0....did you upgrade yet?
    By ultravikingfan in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 12-27-2006, 06:17 PM
  3. Name upgrade
    By vikenheel_zdl16 in forum Help / Suggestion Box
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-03-2006, 05:56 PM
  4. Upgrade at QB!
    By snowinapril in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-05-2005, 07:15 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •