Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Looking more like a "upgrade" in the draft

With the great FA signing it's looking more and more to me like we're going to try an upgrade in the draft to get a top QB. I didn't like the idea before, but now I'm beginning to warm to it a bit after seeing who we've brought in so far in FA.
    Now, the only question is WHO?
    Leinart?
    Cutler?
    Young?
    Personally I think Cutler is the best bet but I see some drafts predicting him to fall to 17 where we could get him anyway.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

LAVike is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Looking more like a "upgrade" in the draft

Aren't there other teams putting themselves in the position to move up in the draft to select a QB too? It seems like the Vikes would have to be in the top 7 or better to get 1 of the 3. Not to mention having better trade bait to move up than other teams.
    "Veni, Vidi, Vikings!"--Julius Caesar

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

IF Cutler is available at 17, I could handle us drafting him...better though to draft an RT that could start IMMEDIATELY (McNeill for example) and slide Marcus Johnson over to RG.

I DO NOT want Vince Young...I think that he is too much of a Michael Vick clone!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

nobody but young will drop, and probably not out of the top 10..denver is now looking for a qb apparently, so we need to move into the top 5 if we want to guarentee either leinhart or cutler..id prefer to keep our picks, draft greenway or sims, and have a dominant linebacking corp..and then use our 2nd rounders on jacobs, and a big WR
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

LAVike is offline Pro-Bowler

Keep the pics . . . I concur. Obviously, if someone great falls, take him.
    "Veni, Vidi, Vikings!"--Julius Caesar

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

It would be a good idea to draft a QB for the future...

If that means moving up im all for it

I think you take the most talented person on the board for the positions that you have need. I don't want us to trade away our picks for a "franchise" QB when we don't know if the person is even a mediocre QB.

If we were going to get a good QB, I would rather trade draft picks for a proven NFL asset or pick one with our current selections.

If one of the big three is there at 17, you take him (no matter if it is Young or Cutler). If not you look at our current need (LB, OL, RB?) and find the highest rated player.

-DD
    The Betic Always Gets His Shot!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Deadly_Diabetic" wrote:
    I think you take the most talented person on the board for the positions that you have need. I don't want us to trade away our picks for a "franchise" QB when we don't know if the person is even a mediocre QB.

If we were going to get a good QB, I would rather trade draft picks for a proven NFL asset or pick one with our current selections.

If one of the big three is there at 17, you take him (no matter if it is Young or Cutler). If not you look at our current need (LB, OL, RB?) and find the highest rated player.

-DD
    I could see us trading up to maybe the 10th or 11th spot if Cutler or Leinart is still available. But I would not want Young. If all three go before we have the opportunity to get them, so be it. We can still get many quality players that address specific needs, as DD stated.

I just am not sold on first round QBs...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

It is probably more realistic that we take a LB in the first round and settle for a future QB in the 2nd or 3rd round but who knows how it will shake out.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

ThaSuperFreak33 is offline Pro-Bowler

We need a QB and I would take any of the top three. I am worried that they may be a bust but we need a QB. I would be all in to trade our first round pick to Atlanta for Matt Schaub because he has started and looked good and he already did the sitting.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast