Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Looking back at it now.. Terrell Suggs or Kevin Williams

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Not sure if I really like that whole "Owned" mentallity that I am starting to see a bit more of on here.
    Seems to me that kindof stuff actually takes away from what we have going and could in fact keep posters from participating in the discussions at the risk of getting slapped down.
    Is this still acceptable to you?
    If it is gonna make a poster think twice about putting his two cents in and keeps him/her from posting its not acceptable.

Proved Right/Proved Wrong, Owned, Smacked Down all seem to cause people to not want to post cause they might feel they will be joked on.
    Survival of the fittest?

It also has to do with how well a poster sells his ideas & the savvy he uses in doing so. I have seen posters who think they know it all try & prove a poster wrong when in fact he was right.

Then you have those posters who agree with other savvy posters most of the time.

Del for one, could purposely post some utter bullshit, toss some facts around it & it would be followed by several "I agree 100%" posts by members who bought it, hook line & sinker.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Looking back on it, if we had not gotten shafted by the Ravens that day we would have traded them our #7 pick for their #10 pick and also would have gotten their 4th and 6th round picks and still got KW.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Looking back on it, if we had not gotten shafted by the Ravens that day we would have traded them our #7 pick for their #10 pick and also would have gotten their 4th and 6th round picks and still got KW.
    That was pretty much their plan when some of the players like Suggs were still available at the time of their pick.

From what I read, K-Will was always their choice.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Not sure if I really like that whole "Owned" mentallity that I am starting to see a bit more of on here.
    Seems to me that kindof stuff actually takes away from what we have going and could in fact keep posters from participating in the discussions at the risk of getting slapped down.
    If it is gonna make a poster think twice about putting his two cents in and keeps him/her from posting its not acceptable.

Proved Right/Proved Wrong, Owned, Smacked Down all seem to cause people to not want to post cause they might feel they will be joked on.
    Survival of the fittest?

It also has to do with how well a poster sells his ideas & the savvy he uses in doing so. I have seen posters who think they know it all try & prove a poster wrong when in fact he was right.
    Then you have those posters who agree with other savvy posters most of the time.

Del for one, could purposely post some utter kaka del rio, toss some facts around it & it would be followed by several "I agree 100%" posts by members who bought it, hook line & sinker.
    The reason I liked this site from the beginning was because it wasn't a "Survivol of the Fittest" kindof site but a sight that actually encouraged posters of all background with respect to football knowledge to chime in.

I have seen posters who think they know it all try & prove a poster wrong when in fact he was right.

I see nothing wrong with that by the way........ Gotta have some fun to...Can't be all serious and sheeeyyyyat all the time.....;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Survival of the fittest?

Del for one, could purposely post some utter bullshit, toss some facts around it & it would be followed by several "I agree 100%" posts by members who bought it, hook line & sinker.
    Indeed he could.

If it sounds good people want to think it's right. Look at Macintosh. They have "hip" commercials and they're supposed to be the "cool" computer like they advertise. But their advertisements essentially say "We're the best, but don't tell you why."

Some great posts get lost in translation, if you will. From brain to text. There may be a profound idea or observation behind a post, but rep and presentation may take away from it.

Which is why I am glad we have no reputation system like other message boards do(as much as it would boost my already deserving large ego
    :P .) Those things have a way of removing people's free will almost entirely when discussing topics they are not comfortable with their knowledge in. For example, if we were to have a discussion on PPO about pole vaulting, which I know a fair amount about, but not as much as some of my friends who are former pole vaulters and I made a big post and linked to a video or two people would instantly assume I am correct in my post. Where really I'm just going by what I've seen at practice or heard from friends. The same would happen with them and the other field events of track and field.

I have no problem with the whole owned thing. I like it once in a while, but I think it should be exercised with caution. Avoid doing it to newer members, unless they're spewing some real bullshit.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Mr" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Survival of the fittest?

Del for one, could purposely post some utter kaka del rio, toss some facts around it & it would be followed by several "I agree 100%" posts by members who bought it, hook line & sinker.
    Indeed he could.

If it sounds good people want to think it's right. Look at Macintosh. They have "hip" commercials and they're supposed to be the "cool" computer like they advertise. But their advertisements essentially say "We're the best, but don't tell you why."

Some great posts get lost in translation, if you will. From brain to text. There may be a profound idea or observation behind a post, but rep and presentation may take away from it.

Which is why I am glad we have no reputation system like other message boards do(as much as it would boost my already deserving large ego
    :P .) Those things have a way of removing people's free will almost entirely when discussing topics they are not comfortable with their knowledge in. For example, if we were to have a discussion on PPO about pole vaulting, which I know a fair amount about, but not as much as some of my friends who are former pole vaulters and I made a big post and linked to a video or two people would instantly assume I am correct in my post. Where really I'm just going by what I've seen at practice or heard from friends. The same would happen with them and the other field events of track and field.

I have no problem with the whole owned thing. I like it once in a while, but I think it should be exercised with caution. Avoid doing it to newer members, unless they're spewing some real kaka del rio.
    Excellent post my friend and along with a great point at the end.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456