Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Look At This Garbage

"Vikes" wrote:
    Well you can't blame them for being FANS.
    Ha haa! Good fricken point.

vikingTurf Guest

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Vikes" wrote:
    Well you can't blame them for being FANS.
    Ha haa! Good fricken point.
    :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: Exactly

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

I agree you can't blame them for being fans. They want to believe their team is best. Just like we do. Some people have realistic views and others don't. What bothers me are the people that comment and they know nothing about the division. All they know is what happened last year. That is the past. Things change from year to year in the NFL.

The fact of the matter is the Lions aren't going to be better just because of Kitna. I think he's a good QB. But I also think Harrington is good. They never had a front line. They haven't for years. That's why they drove Barry Sanders to retire. That's why Harrington and McMahon were given the shaft without a chance to prove themselves. Oh yeah, the FO stinks too.

The Bears - It is their division to lose. they have the same returning starters and I think Lovie Smith is one of the best coaches in football. The have a great D with one of the best LBs in football. Offense may be improved from last year. The question is out about Grossman but he is an improvement from Orton. So is Griese for that matter.

The Packers did make some improvement on defense. Hawk will probably be a great addition. Add him to a not so bad D from last year and they may be okay. Their offense will hurt with no protection for Favre. He makes enough mistakes already without the worsening of their OL. Driver and Green being back help but losing Walker and Flanigan won't.

Then there's the Vikings!!!! They rule!! Of course that's in my eyes. People can call BJ over the hill if they want. the fact is he is a smart player that holds onto the football. He doesn't make many mistakes. With the WCO he should be very consistent and improve on his already high passing completion %. He know has an OL to protect him. Let's not mention a running game with the additions of Taylor and Richardson. Now to the defense. Arguably one of the best defenses on paper with the exception of a proven LBer. In my eyes that's huge. I like what we have on the D-Line and in the secondary. LBer is what worries me right now. I think there's one piece missing and that is the LB field general. Other than that they are very solid.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

All I can say to that is, the Cheese don't stand a chance at taking the division.. The only thing they are taking is what belongs to them, and that is the cellar..

Warp is offline Asst. Coach

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Slade" wrote:
    Whats wrong with purple? Last time I checked the Ravens wear purple too & they won a SB. Tell that Packfanboy to try and talk to SH%$ to Ray and/or Jamal Lewis. Packers look like the Oakland A's out there
    Purple is ALWAYS preferable to puke GREEN and babysh!t YELLOW!!!
    LMAO :lol: :lol: Finally someones speaks the truth about the packer uni's. Ive thought the same thing for all the years ive watched football.

renovikesfan is offline Coordinator

"TROYzBOYz" wrote:
    The guy isnt Johnny Unitas, but he is an upgrade from what we have had for sure.
    (quoted from a guy trying to say that Jon Kitna was going to be their "savior")

This is what I wrote:

LMAO.....Akili Smith would be an "upgrade" from what the Lions have had, so that's not saying a whole lot.

Seriously, though. It's no secret that most, if not ALL Packer fans have a love affair with Favre and inwardly yearn for him to implant them or their wives/girlfriends with his seed, in hopes of having a future for the Packers when he finally can't play because he forgot where he put his Alzheimer's medication.

What IS a secret, however, is the information that all these delusional Packer fans have, where they honestly think the team has made enough positive changes to be any better than the 4-12 team they were last season.

Come on, all you guys and gals of the puke green and urine yellow fandom.....fess up. What additions have you made, aside from a new Head Coach who UNDERwhelmed all of us with his coaching abilities in San Fran, a rookie LB, and an injury-prone, over-the-hill, and overpaid Woodson?

Unless the Pukers pull a magic jackalope out of their hats, I don't see how they plan on outweighing the losses of all your best O-linemen, your best WR, a competent Head Coach, an excellent Defensive Coordinator, and another year off of Favre's career.

Do yourselves a favor, Cheeseheads.....stumble back to your trailer parks for a few years while you wait for Rodgers or some other QB to mature enough (while still being young enough) to make up for their Line's shortcomings. A NEW Head Coach who's proven himself to be worth something in the NFL would be worth waiting for, too.

===============================================

I also had to laugh at the only dig that could be mustered up about the Vikings. Their uniform colors? LMAO! I'm a DIE-HARD fan, and I could even do better than that (but I won't).

Instead, in an effort to fair, I'd like to point out their favors and flaws just as I did for the Packers.

FAVORS:

1) A new Head Coach who actually HAS proven himself to be worth something in the NFL. Even if it was only as an O. Coordinator, look at the comparisons between the Eagles and 49ers. Who was more competent at their respective positions?

2) An IMPROVED O-line. Bryant McKinnie is turning into one of the best Left Tackles in the League, the return of a healthy All-Pro Birk, the additions of Steve Hutchinson and Artis Hicks, and an up-and-coming right side should give.....

3) The retention of Brad Johnson, who admittedly, is up there in years, but a guy who from all appearances, has ALOT more gas left in his tank than Favre. Oh yeah, speaking of TANKS.....

4) An uprade at Safety in Tank Williams. TWO upgrades, actually, with the recent signing of Dwight Smith, along with Winfield and Smoot, should officially make Brett Favre want to take up charity work by donating a couple hundred bucks for every interception he's bound to throw in our two match-ups this year. I'll start the bidding at 8.....do I hear 9? 10?

5) The signings of Chester Taylor and Tony Richardson as our leading rushers, along with the above-mentioned improvements in the O-line, are ingredients for a grinding, punishing ground attack that the Vikings have been missing for years.

6) A new coaching staff that is no-nonsense, fresh, and has LOADS of potential, coming from successes with their previous teams. Mike Tomlin was responsible for coaching one of the best secondaries in the League with the Buccaneers, and Darrell Bevell, QB coach for Favre, well.....I'll let the Packer fans make their own conclusion there. :twisted:

7) We have ZERO players that are holding out for more money...matter of fact, I haven't heard so much as a squeak about any of our players being dissatisfied with what they're being paid.

Okay...FLAWS:

1) We don't have a LB corps with any standout players on it. In fact, we haven't had one for YEARS. Last one I can remember is when we had Ed McDaniel. The best us Vikings fans can hope for, is we either a) sign Donnie Edwards SOON, or b) Mike Tomlin can design schemes that don't put our LBs in crappy positions in the first place, and/or c) our rookie 1st-rounder, Chad Greenway, turns out to be an absolute beast.

2) Our coaching staff is TOO new. There may very well be some growing pains as all the players try to adjust to their new coaches and vice versa. If there were just one or two new faces there might not be such a problem...but I almost feel like this is going to be like watching an expansion team this year.

3) Our depth at the QB position is SCARY. If, Gods forbid, Brad gets hurt, we're stuck with the likes of Mike McMahon, J.T. O'Sullivan, and our rookie Tarvaris Jackson.

4) Rumors about Chester Taylor coming into Camp out of shape. If he isn't able to be "The Guy", Mewelde Moore is our only other real option at Halfback, and he has past injury issues.

5) Along with the LBs, our WRs don't have any premiere players aside from Koren Robinson, who's going to be asked to be the Primary. It's going to be interesting to see which of the other receivers step up.

===============================================

So.....with those perspectives being put on the Packers and Vikes, along with my disregard for the Bears and Lions (and the lack of time I have to go over them), this is how I see the division being set in January:

Vikings
    Bears
    Lions
    Packers

PEACE!!!

UndisputedVike is offline Coordinator

I'd love to see the Lions win the division with Kitna. :roll:

renovikesfan is offline Coordinator

I wouldn't.....because it would mean the entire rest of the division (including the Vikes) would have to be LESS than pathetic!!!

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"ejmat" wrote:
    I agree you can't blame them for being fans. They want to believe their team is best. Just like we do. Some people have realistic views and others don't. What bothers me are the people that comment and they know nothing about the division. All they know is what happened last year. That is the past. Things change from year to year in the NFL.

The fact of the matter is the Lions aren't going to be better just because of Kitna. I think he's a good QB. But I also think Harrington is good. They never had a front line. They haven't for years. That's why they drove Barry Sanders to retire. That's why Harrington and McMahon were given the shaft without a chance to prove themselves. Oh yeah, the FO stinks too.

The Bears - It is their division to lose. they have the same returning starters and I think Lovie Smith is one of the best coaches in football. The have a great D with one of the best LBs in football. Offense may be improved from last year. The question is out about Grossman but he is an improvement from Orton. So is Griese for that matter.

The Packers did make some improvement on defense. Hawk will probably be a great addition. Add him to a not so bad D from last year and they may be okay. Their offense will hurt with no protection for Favre. He makes enough mistakes already without the worsening of their OL. Driver and Green being back help but losing Walker and Flanigan won't.

Then there's the Vikings!!!! They rule!! Of course that's in my eyes. People can call BJ over the hill if they want. the fact is he is a smart player that holds onto the football. He doesn't make many mistakes. With the WCO he should be very consistent and improve on his already high passing completion %. He know has an OL to protect him. Let's not mention a running game with the additions of Taylor and Richardson. Now to the defense. Arguably one of the best defenses on paper with the exception of a proven LBer. In my eyes that's huge. I like what we have on the D-Line and in the secondary. LBer is what worries me right now. I think there's one piece missing and that is the LB field general. Other than that they are very solid.
    Good post.

The way to beat the Bears is to be more physical than them.
    We have a bigger offensive line and a fullback. That should help.
    Defense should be better with a healthy K-Will. And the linebackers should be at least a little better than last year;which wouldn't take much.
    We see them in the dome the 3rd game of the season.That should be one great game.If we get our butts kicked in that game, we are likely in for a long season.If we are 2-1 after that game, or better, look out for the purple.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Actually I think the lions and the vikings have the most talent in the division but it will come down to the bears and the vikings.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast