Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Look at This 5-STAR STUD MLB in the Draft . . .

I know EJ didn't live up to expectations in 2004 but he had a very solid year last year. This year I expect him to flourish in the tampa 2 system. Can't give up on him at all.

alberta_vike is offline Starter

I know EJ didn't live up to expectations in 2004 but he had a very solid year last year. This year I expect him to flourish in the tampa 2 system. Can't give up on him at all.
    I think EJ is going to be a solid player on this team for some time. I just don't think he has the speed to play MLB in the Tampa-2. I think he will probabaly start on the strong side this year.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"DefensivePlaymaker" wrote:
    that 4.83 40 time is a red flag when you're asking a guy to cover quick tight ends or trying to tackle wide outs in the open. Plus he just looks lost out there in coverage. I don't know if that's coaching or E.J. just isn't going to get it, period. I don't know how many coverage assignments I saw him blow last year when he was supposed to be covering somebody and they were wide open. I would like to pick up a quicker middle linebacker who has better instincts or can learn coaching....however you want to put it. How about Leon Williams in the 3rd or 4th for middle linebacker? He's 6'3" 245lbs and runs a 4.54 40. So he's big and quick.
    EJ is very instinctive and his 40 is not his true field speed, he's very QUICK, he's got great acceleration and can play sideline to sideline. He is not the best in coverage nor is he the worse, last year he made some plays in the passing game and continues to improve in that area of his game from year to year.

I believe EJ will prove his doubters wrong. I honesty don't think you can find many LB's quicker than EJ, you may find several with better 40 times, but are we gonna ask EJ to cover WR's one on one, this will be a zone coverage not man to man, his quickness will come in handy. His quick instincts will help him determine pass or run.

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

"Deadly_Diabetic" wrote:
    Shows you that there are no gaurantees in the draft.... at any position.

-DD
    yeah and just think some people want to trade all of our first 3 rounds worth of picks to get a qb. and i never heard of any of those other linebackers besides henderson.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

ThaSuperFreak33 is offline Pro-Bowler

Its time for EJ to breakOUT this season.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234