Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    DaunteHOF is offline Coach

Re: Look at This 5-STAR STUD MLB in the Draft . . .

Give him a chance with tomlin coming here, if he fails again then we make moves next season
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

that 4.83 40 time is a red flag when you're asking a guy to cover quick tight ends or trying to tackle wide outs in the open. Plus he just looks lost out there in coverage. I don't know if that's coaching or E.J. just isn't going to get it, period. I don't know how many coverage assignments I saw him blow last year when he was supposed to be covering somebody and they were wide open. I would like to pick up a quicker middle linebacker who has better instincts or can learn coaching....however you want to put it. How about Leon Williams in the 3rd or 4th for middle linebacker? He's 6'3" 245lbs and runs a 4.54 40. So he's big and quick.
    "We are Lions!!" - Achilles (from the movie Troy )

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

"sleepagent" wrote:
    What happened here?

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=63&p=9&c=12&yr=2003&nid=83&lnid=124&rc=4&pid =65
    Coaching

[color=red]

I agree with Benet. EJ just seems like he is not "smart" enough to play mlb. We need someone who is quick and smart. EJ may be good if he can learn the system but he is still a little slow if we want him on TE which are almost as fast as wideouts these days.
    We can solve poverty today.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"DefensivePlaymaker" wrote:
    that 4.83 40 time is a red flag when you're asking a guy to cover quick tight ends or trying to tackle wide outs in the open. Plus he just looks lost out there in coverage. I don't know if that's coaching or E.J. just isn't going to get it, period. I don't know how many coverage assignments I saw him blow last year when he was supposed to be covering somebody and they were wide open. I would like to pick up a quicker middle linebacker who has better instincts or can learn coaching....however you want to put it. How about Leon Williams in the 3rd or 4th for middle linebacker? He's 6'3" 245lbs and runs a 4.54 40. So he's big and quick.
    This is the guy that will be our MLB...he runs a 4.4 40 and was the SEC Scholar-Athlete of the Year his last year in college:

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/493087

He also played some MLB his rookie year filling in for EJ...and looked pretty good doing it...don't be surprised if Childress agrees with me!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

"cajunvike" wrote:
    This is the guy that will be our MLB...he runs a 4.4 40 and was the SEC Scholar-Athlete of the Year his last year in college

http//www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/493087

He also played some MLB his rookie year filling in for EJ...and looked pretty good doing it...don't be surprised if Childress agrees with me!
    Isn't he a WLB???

I dunno if DT has what it takes to be a good MLB. That first year where he filled in at MLB he looked terrible. He plugged the wrong holes, missed tackles, and just looked lost at all times. Granted he was a rookie, but I personally haven't seen much improvement in him since.

If he does develop, I'll be happy, because he has the potential to be a very good player. But I'd be happier with EJ at the moment.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    This is the guy that will be our MLB...he runs a 4.4 40 and was the SEC Scholar-Athlete of the Year his last year in college:

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/493087

says here a 4.57
    http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/dontarrious_thomas

alberta_vike is offline Starter

Leber would not be a good weak side linebacker he would be much better in the middle or the strong side. I'll just be interested to see which of our guys Childress thinks will be our starting mike LB.
    What makes you say Leber won't be good on the weakside? I haven't seen alot of him, but from what I understand, he is athletic and fast enough to chase down backs out of the backfield and make tackles, and is solid in coverage. Also, he played weakside in San Diego, didn't he?

www.nfl.com/players/pl...age/493087

I agree Thomas will be the starter at MLB, at least at the start of the season. He is fast enough to play middle in the Tampa-2. I just hope that with the new ( and I believe better ) coaching he can understand what exactly he is supposed to be doing out there, as he often has looked lost in the past.

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

"alberta_vike" wrote:
    Leber would not be a good weak side linebacker he would be much better in the middle or the strong side. I'll just be interested to see which of our guys Childress thinks will be our starting mike LB.
    What makes you say Leber won't be good on the weakside? I haven't seen alot of him, but from what I understand, he is athletic and fast enough to chase down backs out of the backfield and make tackles, and is solid in coverage. Also, he played weakside in San Diego, didn't he?

This is the guy that will be our MLB...he runs a 4.4 40 and was the SEC Scholar-Athlete of the Year his last year in college

www.nfl.com/players/pl...age/493087

I agree Thomas will be the starter at MLB, at least at the start of the season. He is fast enough to play middle in the Tampa-2. I just hope that with the new ( and I believe better ) coaching he can understand what exactly he is supposed to be doing out there, as he often has looked lost in the past.
    Well, to be honest, as much as I'd like to say that DT's problems were coaching-related, I doubt it. Looking lost isn't a problem of the coaches usually.

Maybe the new system will benefit him and he'll play better. I hope so, but I'm not optimistic.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

alberta_vike is offline Starter

Well, to be honest, as much as I'd like to say that DT's problems were coaching-related, I doubt it. Looking lost isn't a problem of the coaches usually.

Maybe the new system will benefit him and he'll play better. I hope so, but I'm not optimistic.
    The reason that I believe the coaching is to blame is that Thomas was not the only linebacker who often looked lost and confused out there. Henderson, Harris, and others all had their moments. If Thomas was the only guy this was happening too, I would agree with you. But when every linebacker on the field ends up looking confused, I have to assume it is the coaches fault.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast