Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34
  1. #21
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: London Fletcher anyone?

    "Del" wrote:
    The guy hasn't missed a game in 8 years. He has a superbowl ring that he influenced heavily the outcome of the game.

    Not even a question in my mind. Last season the guy had a year as good as any year he had in his "PRIME" if not better.


    Sadly this guy is going to land with the Skins, no doubt in my mind. They throw good players into a stupid situation and they burn out and fade away. Adding his presence and his ability to cover into our run defense and our zone, would be a huge improvement IMO.
    I will agree that he does have some nice stats, and has produced but at the same time I would rather have a LB or anyother player that is not just around for a year and then are done. Its noty really solving a problem.

  2. #22
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: London Fletcher anyone?

    "THEBIGDADDY" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    The guy hasn't missed a game in 8 years. He has a superbowl ring that he influenced heavily the outcome of the game.

    Not even a question in my mind. Last season the guy had a year as good as any year he had in his "PRIME" if not better.


    Sadly this guy is going to land with the Skins, no doubt in my mind. They throw good players into a stupid situation and they burn out and fade away. Adding his presence and his ability to cover into our run defense and our zone, would be a huge improvement IMO.
    I will agree that he does have some nice stats, and has produced but at the same time I would rather have a LB or anyother player that is not just around for a year and then are done. Its noty really solving a problem.
    This being the NFL with free agency and everything I think it would be incredibly stupid to pass on one of the best MLB's in the league because he wont be around for more then 3 years.

    I would bring him in and draft young talent to learn under him. We haven't had a good MLB in years and I don't care to sit around pissing in the wind hoping someone can fill the void and stay there for 10 years.

    And those stats are what matter most, because that is what has been done on the football field. I would rather have a guy that can make an impact and stay here two years possibly pushing this team into the playoffs, then a guy who doesn't have the stats but will be around for 10 years.

    If your waiting for a young guy that can do what Fletcher does then do not hold your breath.

  3. #23
    Mr. Purple's Avatar
    Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,005

    Re: London Fletcher anyone?

    I honestly would be all over us signing this guy.He is an elite LB in the NFL.His production is above average.This would allow us atleast another year to groom a MLB under him.As I see it, we dont really have a stand out yet at MLB.(Besides Napo) DT has looked average at best this season in the starting role.I think if we lose Napo, MLB will be a bigger need then most acknowledge.Yes we could move Chad inside, or E.J., or Leber.But none of those guys have yet to play MLB in the cover 2 system.(Fully)
    Brian Urlacher himself was qouted saying something along the lines of playing MLB is nothing like playing OLB in the cover 2.So I could see us getting Siler or Blades in the 2nd as replacements.But if we get Fletcher we could spend those draft picks on other players, for other positions.And not be pressured for a young long term replacement.

    Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

  4. #24
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: London Fletcher anyone?

    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    I'm with Del Rio on this one. He may be old but his production hasn't dropped like other players.

    Defense Stats
    YEAR TEAM G TOT SOLO AST PD SACK FF REC INT YDS TD
    1998 STL 16 27 24 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    1999 STL 16 90 69 21 2 3 0 0 0 0 0
    2000 STL 16 133 106 27 8 6 1 0 4 33 0
    2001 STL 16 119 93 26 5 5 4 0 2 18 0
    2002 BUF 16 149 108 41 2 3 2 0 0 0 0
    2003 BUF 16 133 102 31 5 2 0 0 0 0 0
    2004 BUF 8 81 56 25 3 3 2 0 0 0 0
    2005 BUF 16 158 104 54 3 4 1 0 1 20 0
    2006 BUF 16 146 101 45 14 2 0 5 4 30 1
    Career 136 1021 750 271 42 26.5 10 0 11 101 1
    No drop in production whatsoever over, still a premier linebacker, great in coverage skills. Plus most of these former bills have worked out well for us. Look at Winfield and Pat.
    Another OLDIE BUT GOODIE!

    Defensive Stats
    Year Team G Total Tkl Ast Sacks Int Yds Avg Lg TD Pass Def
    1996

    15 21 17.0 4 0 1 22 22.0 22 0 1
    1997

    16 101 79.0 22 2.5 2 15 7.5 12 0 6
    1998

    15 122 78.0 44 6 0 0 0.0 0 0 2
    1999

    16 122 97.0 25 3 5 50 10.0 28 1 3
    2000

    16 132 113.0 19 1 2 45 22.5 42 1 3
    2001

    16 129 97.0 32 2 0 0 0.0 0 0 4
    2002

    16 128 100.0 28 0 5 95 19.0 46 1 5
    2003

    16 161 122.0 39 0.5 2 27 13.5 15 0 6
    2004

    16 150 104.0 46 1 5 49 9.8 30 1 8
    2005

    16 152 112.0 40 3 2 15 7.5 14 0 9
    2006

    16 141 97.0 44 2.5 3 11 3.7 8 0 4
    TOTAL 174 1359 1016.0 343 21.5 27 329 12.2 46 4 51
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  5. #25
    VikesfaninWis's Avatar
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,055

    Re: London Fletcher anyone?

    Hasn't London Fletcher been somewhat injury prone the last few seasons, or am I mistaken? He would be a nice addition, but would he fit the Cover 2 defense good? I believe the Bills run a 3-4 defense right?

    Anyways, I am sure the front office is looking at every possibility to help this team.. Childress is somewhat of a smart man, so I am assuming that if he fails again next season, there is a good chance he will be unemployed.. So I am sure he will do everything he possibly can to make sure the Vikes get into the playoffs next season..

    Oh and Del, if you push the ignore button under someones name, you will never see any of their posts again? If that is the case, I wish I would have pushed that button a long time ago.. Not for you my friend, but others.. ;D

  6. #26
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: London Fletcher anyone?

    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    Hasn't London Fletcher been somewhat injury prone the last few seasons, or am I mistaken? He would be a nice addition, but would he fit the Cover 2 defense good? I believe the Bills run a 3-4 defense right?

    Anyways, I am sure the front office is looking at every possibility to help this team.. Childress is somewhat of a smart man, so I am assuming that if he fails again next season, there is a good chance he will be unemployed.. So I am sure he will do everything he possibly can to make sure the Vikes get into the playoffs next season..

    Oh and Del, if you push the ignore button under someones name, you will never see any of their posts again? If that is the case, I wish I would have pushed that button a long time ago.. Not for you my friend, but others.. ;D
    See post above yours...he played ALL 16 games the last two years.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  7. #27
    VikesfaninWis's Avatar
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,055

    Re: London Fletcher anyone?

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    Hasn't London Fletcher been somewhat injury prone the last few seasons, or am I mistaken? He would be a nice addition, but would he fit the Cover 2 defense good? I believe the Bills run a 3-4 defense right?

    Anyways, I am sure the front office is looking at every possibility to help this team.. Childress is somewhat of a smart man, so I am assuming that if he fails again next season, there is a good chance he will be unemployed.. So I am sure he will do everything he possibly can to make sure the Vikes get into the playoffs next season..

    Oh and Del, if you push the ignore button under someones name, you will never see any of their posts again? If that is the case, I wish I would have pushed that button a long time ago.. Not for you my friend, but others.. ;D
    See post above yours...he played ALL 16 games the last two years.

    OK, now I see it... I must have been thinking about T. Spikes then..

  8. #28
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    9,513

    Re: London Fletcher anyone?


    Nice Stat page and comments, for London Fletcher






    http://www2.sportsnet.ca/football/nfl/players/London_Fletcher-Baker/


    I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

  9. #29
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: London Fletcher anyone?

    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    Hasn't London Fletcher been somewhat injury prone the last few seasons, or am I mistaken? He would be a nice addition, but would he fit the Cover 2 defense good? I believe the Bills run a 3-4 defense right?

    Anyways, I am sure the front office is looking at every possibility to help this team.. Childress is somewhat of a smart man, so I am assuming that if he fails again next season, there is a good chance he will be unemployed.. So I am sure he will do everything he possibly can to make sure the Vikes get into the playoffs next season..

    Oh and Del, if you push the ignore button under someones name, you will never see any of their posts again? If that is the case, I wish I would have pushed that button a long time ago.. Not for you my friend, but others.. ;D
    Yep if you ignore someone your life will become magically void of their garbage. No more posts from them.

  10. #30
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: London Fletcher anyone?

    POSTED 9:09 a.m. EST; LAST UPDATED 10:21 a.m. EST, February 14, 2007

    FLETCHER-BAKER TO BE IN DEMAND
    pft.com

    In what's either a sign that the free-agent market will be lighter than usual in 2007 or that there's a sudden demand for thirtysomething linebackers who are a couple of inches shy of six feet, London Fletcher-Baker of the Bills is already on the shopping list for at least two teams.

    On Wednesday, the Washington Post reported that the Redskins plan to make a play for both Fletcher-Baker and Bills teammate Nate Clements, a cornerback.
    We've also heard that the Lions intend to take a flyer on Fletcher-Baker in the early stages of free agency.

    The winner in the process will be Fletcher-Backer.
    We don't want to knock the guy's abilities, and we're impressed that he has never missed a game in nine NFL seasons.
    But the apparent fact that two teams who are notorious for overpaying in the early days of the Super Bowl supermarket plan to make a run for him means that he'll likely end up with far more money in his pockets than he objectively would merit.

    Statistically, Fletcher-Baker had one of his best years of his career in 2006, his fifth season with the Bills.
    He registered 104 tackles, 42 assists, two sacks, four interceptions, seven passes defensed, and a touchdown.
    He also spent four seasons with the Rams, and started all 16 regular season games as St. Louis made an improbable run to the NFL Championship.

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. NFL in London
    By Ayresd in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-17-2007, 03:14 AM
  2. London Fletcher-Baker a Redskin
    By VikesfaninWis in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-03-2007, 06:42 AM
  3. Fletcher is in D.C.
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-02-2007, 11:26 AM
  4. Fletcher changes name
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-16-2006, 05:08 PM
  5. LONDON ATTACKED!
    By Benficaviking in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 07-10-2005, 04:00 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •