Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Live NFL draft chat with Zulgad and Scoggins

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=51503.msg936303#msg936303 date=1240251038]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=51503.msg936299#msg936299 date=1240250914]
    My favorite.
    ;D

[Comment From BB]
    What percent say does Childress and Speilman each have in selecting a player?
    12:23

Judd:
    Spielman is the guy who does the year-round work on the draft but Childress has a huge say as well in how this works. Childress must decide if he and his staff can coach a player and even if Spielman loves the guy, [size=12pt]if Childress says no then that player isn't coming here[/size]. Remember, Childress said last year he has final say of the 53-man roster and who makes the team.
    LOL, I still like the very first post in this thread.

;D
    What makes you right?
    : You claim all the time that Spielman has the ultimate say in the draft. IMO that is incorrect and so does Judd, whom has more contact with the FO than anyone here.
    He's having trouble putting his tail between his legs.
    I am waiting for this
    :-[ in his next post.
    LOL, I am actually having probs, keep getting kicked out when I try to post.

Serisously though, do you really think that Judd is a credible source?
    Hell I posted a link to a direct quote from ole Ricky boy and you guys discounted it with no credible justification. Why should I dane to adress this miniscule quote especially when it comes from one of the sports hack yutz's in MN? :
    [/quote]

Judd is more credible than anyone here.

That quote says nothing that you posted. The only thing it says is...

That’s why I said we do this as a whole ... everybody gets to weigh in their opinions and [size=14pt]we[/size] decide what’s best for the organization and we’ll go from there
    So how does that prove your point?
    :

Chilly and Spielman are both decision makers.
    [/quote]
    My guess is they either read the scout article or the link I made with the scout article info in it and even then, he still got it wrong.

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/in...?topic=51484.0
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    My favorite.
    ;D

[Comment From BB]

Judd:
    Spielman is the guy who does the year-round work on the draft but Childress has a huge say as well in how this works. Childress must decide if he and his staff can coach a player and even if Spielman loves the guy, [size=12pt]if Childress says no then that player isn't coming here[/size]. Remember, Childress said last year he has final say of the 53-man roster and who makes the team.

;D
    What makes you right?
    : You claim all the time that Spielman has the ultimate say in the draft. IMO that is incorrect and so does Judd, whom has more contact with the FO than anyone here.
    I am waiting for this

Hell I posted a link to a direct quote from ole Ricky boy and you guys discounted it with no credible justification. Why should I dane to adress this miniscule quote especially when it comes from one of the sports hack yutz's in MN? :[/quote]

Because if he agreed with you, you would post this all over the place and and call him your friend, without questioning his credibilty.

Objectively speaking Marr, you're wrong.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=51503.msg936308#msg936308 date=1240251216]
    My favorite.
    ;D

[Comment From BB]

Judd:

;D
    What makes you right?
    I am waiting for this

Hell I posted a link to a direct quote from ole Ricky boy and you guys discounted it with no credible justification. Why should I dane to adress this miniscule quote especially when it comes from one of the sports hack yutz's in MN? :
    [/quote]

That’s why I said we do this as a whole ... everybody gets to weigh in their opinions and [size=14pt]we[/size] decide what’s best for the organization and we’ll go from there
    :

[/quote]
    My guess is they either read the scout article or the link I made with the scout article info in it and even then, he still got it wrong.

[/quote]

What are you talking about?

???
    This is the quote for that article.

Minnesota Vikings – Owner Zygi Wilf has a personnel model he brought with him from the business world that he calls the Triangle of Authority. Those three pieces are vice president of player Personnel Rick Spielman, head coach Brad Childress and V.P. of football operations Rob Brzezinski. Spielman is a savant when it comes to scouting. Last year, he claimed he eliminated 150 players prior to the draft for various red flags. Considering that only about 250 players are selected, that is a significant number. [size=12pt]Childress is believed to have the final say, but has been in lock step (at least publicly) with Spielman[/size]. Brzezinksi is the capologist whose role on draft weekend is be the point man for trade talks.
    http://min.scout.com/2/857383.html

Spielman scouts!
    They discuss....
    Childress with help from the whole staff makes a decision.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    My favorite.
    ;D

[Comment From BB]

Judd:

;D
    What makes you right?
    I am waiting for this

[/quote]

:

[/quote]
    [size=20pt]My guess[/size] is they either read the scout article or the link I made with the scout article info in it and even then, he still got it wrong.

[/quote]
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Judd is fairly credible because this is his job. In all honesty I could have answered all those questions better. Judd gets about as much info as we do, the info he gets he shares.

The one thing I really got to disagree on is Reaching for a Tackle. Everyone thinks we are going to reach, but everyone thought we were getting a Tackle last April. We past becuase the value wasn't there.

And another thing I been watching alot of games and watching Ryan Cook's performance, he's a good Tackle who should only get better. He's definitly one our top Run Blockers and does well in pass protection but he's inconsistent. The guy I really worry about is Herrera and Backup Center. The fact that we benched Cook last year lets me know we're coach him hard, I think he can take it and become better, he should fully understand the level of play that is expected. Def not going to give up on him or under value what Hicks did for us at LT!

If we have to reach to get a Tackle, lets not do, get the CB, WR, or even LB that is BPA. Higher value and still covers a need.

"V" wrote:
    Because if he agreed with you, you would post this all over the place and and call him your friend, without questioning his credibilty.

Objectively speaking Marr, you're wrong.
    Not wrong, just don't want to give you anymore flipflop material.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=51503.msg936310#msg936310 date=1240251289]
    My favorite.
    ;D

[Comment From BB]

Judd:

;D
    What makes you right?
    I am waiting for this

[/quote]

:

[/quote]

[/quote]

???

Minnesota Vikings – Owner Zygi Wilf has a personnel model he brought with him from the business world that he calls the Triangle of Authority. Those three pieces are vice president of player Personnel Rick Spielman, head coach Brad Childress and V.P. of football operations Rob Brzezinski. Spielman is a savant when it comes to scouting. Last year, he claimed he eliminated 150 players prior to the draft for various red flags. Considering that only about 250 players are selected, that is a significant number. [size=12pt]Childress is believed to have the final say, but has been in lock step (at least publicly) with Spielman[/size]. Brzezinksi is the capologist whose role on draft weekend is be the point man for trade talks.

Spielman scouts!
    They discuss....
    [/quote]
    Spielman scouts?
    Or is he incharge of the scouts, the legal dept, the medical dept, the PR dept etc?

C Mac D is online now Posting to P'own

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Spielman scouts?
    Or is he incharge of the scouts, the legal dept, the medical dept, the PR dept etc?
    He's in charge of the PR and Legal departments?
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

"C" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Spielman scouts?
    He's in charge of the PR and Legal departments?
    Typically a GM is.
    Now I now Singer is hanging around out there waiting to say we don't have a GM, but if one were to do some research, a typical structure were they don't have a GM, the VP of Players Personnel has those cats under him.

You guys need to read the NFC/AFC who is calling the shots thread. Pretty interesting stuff IMHO.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=51503.msg936316#msg936316 date=1240251876]
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=51503.msg936310#msg936310 date=1240251289]
    My favorite.
    ;D

[Comment From BB]

Judd:

;D
    What makes you right?
    I am waiting for this

[/quote]

:

[/quote]

[/quote]

???

Spielman scouts!
    They discuss....
    [/quote]
    Spielman scouts?
    [/quote]

Now you are just being difficult. Most know what I mean. This is not difficult. He is the Vice President of Player Personnel. You do the math. He is also responsible for overseeing the Vikings’ pro and college scouting departments.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast