Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lito Sheppard

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Lito Sheppard

"Ranger" wrote:
    I actually think Gordon has a lot of promise.
    If it's the same guy I'm thinking of, that is.
    Didn't he play for the POS, aweful, ugly, hideous, useless and pathetic Jayhawks of KU?
    If it's the same guy, I think he's got a lot of upside.
    I agree. I was sold on Gordon the second we picked him up. No idea why he doesn't get more praise than McBlownCoverageIcan'tTackleUlley.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Oh yeah big Gordon fan here too. I questioned weather he was gonna be able to hang after his rookie season but the guy played real well when he was on the field this year. Infact he should have been starting for Winfield when he was hurt. If not a real good nickle corner, he likes to tackle too. Only 23 years old.

In college they moved him all over the field he played offense, specail teams and defense never allowing him to focus on one position.

This is something the scouting department is doing real well is finding those gems that didn't get drafted. Safety Eric Frampton could also be a sleeper.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Philly news here...from local sports talk radio, as well as Adam Schefter on NFL Sirius Radio

Lito Shepherd is said to be available for a #2 or #3 Round draft pick.
    I love Lito for a 3rd Rounder, might even consider a #2 for him, although I think I'd ask for a 4 or 5 too.
    That would be 5 solid CB's, assuming Griffin continues at CB.
    Yes, Griffin has played safety, however, until I hear the coaching staff talk about moving Griffin to Safety I'm not buying it.
    Regardless, the addition of Shepherd, combined with Madieu Williams, the fact that McCauley is in his second year, and, so is Frazier, this defense has the making of a Super Bowl Defense(*).
    Lito is a playmaker and would be a tremendous addition.
    Yes, I like Gordon, McCauley, Winfield, and Griff...you add Shepherd and immediately, you've got what could certainly be considered the deepest secondary in the League; at least at the CB position.

(*) Yes, I understand, we must address pass rush though too.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"MaxVike" wrote:
    Philly news here...from local sports talk radio, as well as Adam Schefter on NFL Sirius Radio

Lito Shepherd is said to be available for a #2 or #3 Round draft pick.
    I love Lito for a 3rd Rounder, might even consider a #2 for him, although I think I'd ask for a 4 or 5 too.
    That would be 5 solid CB's, assuming Griffin continues at CB.
    Yes, Griffin has played safety, however, until I hear the coaching staff talk about moving Griffin to Safety I'm not buying it.
    Regardless, the addition of Shepherd, combined with Madieu Williams, the fact that McCauley is in his second year, and, so is Frazier, this defense has the making of a Super Bowl Defense(*).
    Lito is a playmaker and would be a tremendous addition.
    Yes, I like Gordon, McCauley, Winfield, and Griff...you add Shepherd and immediately, you've got what could certainly be considered the deepest secondary in the League; at least at the CB position.

(*) Yes, I understand, we must address pass rush though too.
    i'd possibly do it for one of our third's and maybe a 7th rounder since we have soo many picks so al the guys arent gonna be able to make the roster anyway...

he does get hurt often though.... he has never played a full season yet.. and is only 26 yrs old... he misses an average of like 4 games a year..

vikings11_27 is offline Pro-Bowler

A trade for him would be amazing. Probably would take something like our 3rd, our 6th and maybe a conditional 6th next year, but if we did this, our secondary would be set and we wouldn't need to draft a safety (let me explain) and we would be set in the secondary for years to come.

This year, we would have sharper and williams obviously at safety and with the addition of lito we would have him and antoine winfield starting at corner with cedric griffin in the nickel and marcus mccauley as a dime and charles gordon in there for depth/special teams.

Next year, cedric griffin moves to starting safety (where he played in addition to corner at Texas). Then we have him and williams at safety (both are young) and then at corner we have sheppard and winfield with mccauley as our nickel and gordon as our dime.

The year after that (or maybe one more) winfield will be too old to play corner and mccauley, who is loaded with potential, can step in across from sheppard. His physical strengths and his potential, combined with a few years of learning and playing in the nickel and dime should make him into a great player.

Anyway, basically i see this trade as a way to shore up our secondary for at least the next 5 years.

Your thoughts???

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"vikings11_27" wrote:
    A trade for him would be amazing. Probably would take something like our 3rd, our 6th and maybe a conditional 6th next year, but if we did this, our secondary would be set and we wouldn't need to draft a safety (let me explain) and we would be set in the secondary for years to come.

This year, we would have sharper and williams obviously at safety and with the addition of lito we would have him and antoine winfield starting at corner with cedric griffin in the nickel and marcus mccauley as a dime and charles gordon in there for depth/special teams.

Next year, cedric griffin moves to starting safety (where he played in addition to corner at Texas). Then we have him and williams at safety (both are young) and then at corner we have sheppard and winfield with mccauley as our nickel and gordon as our dime.

The year after that (or maybe one more) winfield will be too old to play corner and mccauley, who is loaded with potential, can step in across from sheppard. His physical strengths and his potential, combined with a few years of learning and playing in the nickel and dime should make him into a great player.

Anyway, basically i see this trade as a way to shore up our secondary for at least the next 5 years.

Your thoughts???

so we can push our 3rd rd pick of last year to dime corner, and maybe cut either gordon(hells no) or Sapp(who we just signed?)
    it would probably take a 2nd round pick to get him, i dont hink we need him, our corners are nice
    we need a pass rush to help them out

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"baumy300" wrote:
    "Ranger" wrote:
    I actually think Gordon has a lot of promise.
    If it's the same guy I'm thinking of, that is.
    Didn't he play for the POS, aweful, ugly, hideous, useless and pathetic Jayhawks of KU?
    If it's the same guy, I think he's got a lot of upside.
    I agree. I was sold on Gordon the second we picked him up. No idea why he doesn't get more praise than McBlownCoverageIcan'tTackleUlley.
    From everything I saw, McCauley was a very solid tackler.

And he's the best athlete we have in the secondary, don't just write the guy off because he blew some coverages... as a ROOKIE.

vikings11_27 is offline Pro-Bowler

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    "vikings11_27" wrote:

Your thoughts???

so we can push our 3rd rd pick of last year to dime corner, and maybe cut either gordon(hells no) or Sapp(who we just signed?)
    it would probably take a 2nd round pick to get him, i dont hink we need him, our corners are nice
    griffin is actually statistically one of the worst starting corners in the league.

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"vikings11_27" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    "vikings11_27" wrote:

Your thoughts???

griffin is actually statistically one of the worst starting corners in the league.
    we need a pass rusher to help him and the other corners out, you cant cover someone for 8 full seconds
    he is still young dont forget that, but i know what your talkin about, but i guarentee u MM and/or Charles Gordon will threaten his starting spot

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

"vikings11_27" wrote:

Your thoughts???
    I really dont think we need another CB, but if we where thinking about moving cedric to saftey, i wouldnt be mad if we got him.. and i just dont want Gordon to get pushed out to 5th corner cuz i think he could be really good

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast