Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
  1. #11
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Lions would like to trade down #2 NFL Draft pick

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Wow,



    Not sure how we could/would swing that without breaking the bank.
    My chart shows the #2 pick is worth 2600 points.




    Our number 7 is worth 1500 points.
    We would have to give up at least our first 4 picks plus a future pick or try to package some players that we have that could fill some of thier holes (QB/OL/CB).



    Throw in the whole intradivision arguement and I just can't see this happening.
    I wonder how much Smoot would be worth to them...since Dre Bly won't be a Lion next season!
    I thought of that (Smoot's value) but know how touchy a subj that is on this page I didn't want to put his name in.
    Additionally, I don't think we would want to play him twice a year as I still don't think he is as bad as he has been playing for us.
    My worst nightmare would be for him to get his head out of hindy for a team we play twice a year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #12
    vike_mike's Avatar
    vike_mike is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    474

    Re: Lions would like to trade down #2 NFL Draft pick

    Well in any event, we need to at least explore this possibility.
    It is worth a try to trade up.
    We cannot go through another season with the WR we have.
    Troy W. I am sorry, but unless Cris Carter personally becomes his personal trainer, then he just isn't going to be an even decent WR.
    I still don't understand why he fights the ball as it comes into his hands.
    Boy does the free agent market look bad at WR.
    No hope there.
    We better draft good at WR and make it count.
    This is a critical year for Brad C.
    He has to make this count.

  3. #13
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Lions would like to trade down #2 NFL Draft pick

    "vike_mike" wrote:
    Well in any event, we need to at least explore this possibility.
    It is worth a try to trade up.
    We cannot go through another season with the WR we have.
    Troy W. I am sorry, but unless Cris Carter personally becomes his personal trainer, then he just isn't going to be an even decent WR.
    I still don't understand why he fights the ball as it comes into his hands.
    Boy does the free agent market look bad at WR.
    No hope there.
    We better draft good at WR and make it count.
    This is a critical year for Brad C.
    He has to make this count.
    Take a look at the stuff NodakPaul and I are banging back and forth in the "i think our WR situation is not gonna change much this offseason" thread.


    Interesting thoughts by NP on why Detroit might think trading down and then taking Quinn would work.

    Again, just interesting discussions nothing final yet
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #14
    nephilimstorm's Avatar
    nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,184

    Re: Lions would like to trade down #2 NFL Draft pick

    Detriot Trading down and grabbing Quinn...wouldnt that improve our position as well without a trade? Srz kinda draft dumb lol

  5. #15
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Lions would like to trade down #2 NFL Draft pick

    "PurpleHornsOfDestruction" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Tom Kowalksi, of MLive.com, reports the Detroit Lions are hoping to trade down in the first round of the 2007 NFL Draft. The Lions currently hold the No. 2 overall selection in the draft.
    I can't see a GM - even an idiot like Millen - trading within your own division like that.

    =Z=
    Sure most of them aren't traded but we like there guys
    Ryan Longwell
    Darren sharper
    They got Koren Robinson
    We used to have Brian Williams from them

    Im confident theres more but its the morning Im tired and can't remember the rest but theres a short list of guys between us and Green Bay. And thats just Green BAy I think there was Tank some where with Chicago too. Help me remember but thats what I got so far. Its not that unacceptable
    Those are FA signings - nothing the opposing team could do about that, besides sign them themselves.

    Trading the #2 pick in the draft to a team you're going to face two times a year is not something which I can imagine happening.

    =Z+

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  6. #16
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,599
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Lions would like to trade down #2 NFL Draft pick

    "PurpleHornsOfDestruction" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Tom Kowalksi, of MLive.com, reports the Detroit Lions are hoping to trade down in the first round of the 2007 NFL Draft. The Lions currently hold the No. 2 overall selection in the draft.
    I can't see a GM - even an idiot like Millen - trading within your own division like that.

    =Z=
    Sure most of them aren't traded but we like there guys
    Ryan Longwell
    Darren sharper
    They got Koren Robinson
    We used to have Brian Williams from them

    Im confident theres more but its the morning Im tired and can't remember the rest but theres a short list of guys between us and Green Bay. And thats just Green BAy I think there was Tank some where with Chicago too. Help me remember but thats what I got so far. Its not that unacceptable
    None of them were traded.
    There is a huge difference between FA and a trade.

    Trades within the same division are extremely rare.
    The only one I can think of the top of my head was back in 2001 when Belichick traded Bledsoe to Buffalo.
    I can not think of any trade between NFC north opponents.
    It just doesn't happen.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  7. #17
    Braddock's Avatar
    Braddock is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Clermont, FL
    Posts
    1,630

    Re: Lions would like to trade down #2 NFL Draft pick

    Zyg's got the money, let's buy it off of them
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

  8. #18
    nephilimstorm's Avatar
    nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,184

    Re: Lions would like to trade down #2 NFL Draft pick

    Zygi's got the money??? then build the freaking stadium already!

  9. #19
    dr.defi's Avatar
    dr.defi is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    51

    Re: Lions would like to trade down #2 NFL Draft pick

    This is an absolutely crazy idea, even if it wasn't a NFC North team. We would be giving up the entire first draft day for one player. The Vikes have way too many needs to even consider this. I'd love to trade up to get C-Johnson, but there's no realistic situation for this to happen with out shooting ourselves in the foot. I'm sure the Bucs will end up with Calvin, I don't want to be a buzz-kill but that seems to be the reality of the situation.

  10. #20
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,198

    Re: Lions would like to trade down #2 NFL Draft pick

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Wow,



    Not sure how we could/would swing that without breaking the bank.
    My chart shows the #2 pick is worth 2600 points.




    Our number 7 is worth 1500 points.
    We would have to give up at least our first 4 picks plus a future pick or try to package some players that we have that could fill some of thier holes (QB/OL/CB).



    Throw in the whole intradivision arguement and I just can't see this happening.
    I wonder how much Smoot would be worth to them...since Dre Bly won't be a Lion next season!
    Absolutely nothing IMO.

    The reason Bly is being let go by the Lions is because Bly is a cover corner & does not fit into the Tampa 2 defense scheme they are switching to. Smoot falls into that same category. So why would the Lions get rid of one corner who is not the best suited for the Tampa 2 defense & bring in another not the best suited for it?

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Lions to trade #1 pick?
    By Garland Greene in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-06-2009, 05:40 AM
  2. Miami Dolphins trade center Samson Satele to Raiders for draft pick
    By Marrdro in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-23-2009, 10:38 AM
  3. Army orders Lions draft pick Campbell to withdraw
    By Vikes_King in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-24-2008, 07:21 PM
  4. If We trade our first round pick who should we trade for?
    By vikingsfan717 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 01-11-2007, 01:58 PM
  5. MOVED: If We trade our first round pick who should we trade for?
    By ultravikingfan in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-01-2007, 06:21 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •