Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Linebackers for the taking: Vikings have plenty to pick from

I want Hodge!

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Sims or D'Quell and Hodge in the middle would be a nasty combo!

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"skum" wrote:
    Lawson ran a 40 in about 4.3x something, i think.. but he's a converted DE, so he would rather fit in a 3-4 defense, cause of the good time, he could go in the first round..
    Take my word for it, This guy is a monster. Lawson IMO could be one of the best in the game at the 3-4 linebacker spot. However, he would be mostly a pass rushing linebacker.. Not what we're looking for. :sad:

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

DeMeco Ryan is probably a prototypical MLB...with the size to clog up the middle and the speed to run sideline-to-sideline...and smart enough to recognize tendencies and to make defensive adjustments. Put EJ and DT on each side of him and we will have one heck of a young LB corps for the future...that is if we don't bring in a BIG TIME FA first!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "skum" wrote:
    Lawson ran a 40 in about 4.3x something, i think.. but he's a converted DE, so he would rather fit in a 3-4 defense, cause of the good time, he could go in the first round..
    Take my word for it, This guy is a monster. Lawson IMO could be one of the best in the game at the 3-4 linebacker spot. However, he would be mostly a pass rushing linebacker.. Not what we're looking for. :sad:
    4.3??? For a converted DE??? NO WAY!!! That is SICK!!!

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

I would take Demarco Ryan anyday...its better than the last rookie lb we got...DT lol

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Lawson is gonna be the next Julian Peterson..

I wanna get Abdul Hodge.. That dude is sick..

There are so many options, I can't wait!

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "skum" wrote:
    I think it was around there.. Just about every sports analyst here has said that they would die to see him in a 3-4 as a Linebacker. I too think he would be amazing in a system like that.

Who da' Manny! :lol:

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "skum" wrote:
    I think it was around there.. Just about every sports analyst here has said that they would die to see him in a 3-4 as a Linebacker. I too think he would be amazing in a system like that.

Who da' Manny! :lol:
    Actually, the best time that I saw for him was 4.43...still exceedingly fast!

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?Prospect_ID=625

Imagine him, DT and EJ as our LBs after a couple of years experience...could be explosive!

Muggsy is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Linebackers for the taking: Vikings have plenty to pick

Here's da poop, so ta say, on dis mug. He's like da seventh or eighth ranked OLB in da draft.:
    ===============================================
    Manny Lawson
    DE | (6'4", 230, 4.55) | NORTH CAROLINA ST

Scouts Grade: 81

Strengths: Is a terrific natural athlete. Is tall and has the frame to continue to add bulk. He has good upper body power and is a weight-room warrior. Has explosive strength and speed. Has rare speed for his size. Shows explosive initial burst and acceleration when turning the corner as a pass rusher. He has good recognition skills and natural instincts vs. the run. He has great closing burst to the QB and is a powerful tackler. He has a nose for the ball and makes a lot of big plays. He is at his best in pursuit vs. the run. Has great speed and will track down ball carriers from behind. Takes good angles and is a solid open-field tackler. He is a big-time playmaker on special teams, as well.

Weaknesses: Is a 'tweener DE/OLB. Is vastly undersized at the DE position. Needs to continue to add bulk. Is powerful in the upper body for his size, but he lacks overall mass and brute strength. He plays with a narrow base. Has trouble holding his ground at the POA. Needs to improve his lower body strength and play with better leverage at the POA. Needs to continue to do a better job of using his hands and upper body to stay off of blocks.

Overall: Lawson played primarily on special teams and as a sub-package contributor during his true freshman and sophomore seasons (2002-'03). As a junior in 2004, Lawson moved to a fulltime starting DE role and earned second-team All-ACC honors when he finished with 50 tackles, 12 tackles for loss and seven sacks. As a senior in 2005, Lawson started 11 of 12 games and finished with 58 tackles, 19.5 TFL, 10 sacks, one forced fumble and four broken up passes. He also blocked one kick, increasing his career total to seven. Lawson has a freakish combination of size and speed, but there are major questions regarding his future niche as an NFL defender. Lawson is an undersized rush end who was able to overcome his marginal size on the collegiate level by lining up wide and using his explosive speed and athleticism to stay off of blocks as a pass rusher and up-field run disruptor. However, he lacks the bulk, base and overall strength to hold his ground versus the run in the NFL and he won't be able to simply run around everyone at the next level like he did in college. Lawson will likely need time to either transition to a rush-linebacker position or to bulk up as an end before he can contribute as an every-down player in the NFL. On top of his playmaking potential as a defensive prospect, Lawson is a weapon as a kick blocker and cover guy on special teams, which could help him sneak into the late-second round range of the 2006 draft.
    ===============================================
    Mebbe we should go for a bonafide LB, rather than a convoited DE, y'know?
    "From the fury of the Northmen, O Lord, save us!"
    -- From a monestary in Ireland.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast