Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Limas Sweed On Sirius Radio

I have no link, just relaying what I heard on the radio this afternoon.

Anyway, they were interviewing players on the satty radio today and one of the announcers asked Limas if any team had asked him a question that kindof made him step back and think a bit.

His answer (I am paraphrasing) was, yes, the Minnesota Vikings.

They asked him a question along the lines of what would he do if there was a party going on.
    Would he go out to it or stay at home. (Something like that).

His response was along the lines of, he is a quiet, reserved, stay at home kindof guy, and would probably stay home unless a player he knew like Griff were to invite him.
    He said he would go with Griff as he is his boy and Griff wouldn't do anything to get him in trouble.

I, along with the announcers, loved that answer.

Sounds like a pretty decent kid based on the interview and how he answered the radio guys answers.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Limas Sweed On Sirius Radio

"Marrdro" wrote:
    I have no link, just relaying what I heard on the radio this afternoon.

Anyway, they were interviewing players on the satty radio today and one of the announcers asked Limas if any team had asked him a question that kindof made him step back and think a bit.

His answer (I am paraphrasing) was, yes, the Minnesota Vikings.

They asked him a question along the lines of what would he do if there was a party going on.
    Would he go out to it or stay at home. (Something like that).

His response was along the lines of, he is a quiet, reserved, stay at home kindof guy, and would probably stay home unless a player he knew like Griff were to invite him.
    He said he would go with Griff as he is his boy and Griff wouldn't do anything to get him in trouble.

I, along with the announcers, loved that answer.

Sounds like a pretty decent kid based on the interview and how he answered the radio guys answers.
    I would love to have him. However, I don't put too much faith in combine answers. These kids have been rehersed to say the right things.

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

That is pretty well answered - it's the RIGHT answer, and most people should get that right.

I want to hear the clip of it to see how much thinking had to be done...

If that came off fairly honestly and quickly, that says something different than a huge pause to formulate it... well that or just the already had the answer formulated quick response..

Either way, good stuff.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Here is a nice highlight video of Sweed
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AHAhZsrEL4

My observations (from a limited video set, to be sure):
    1) He has GREAT hands
    2) He makes very good adjustments to the ball while it is airborne
    3) He is very big, and almost looks like he would excel in a TOish role - physical at the front, likes to go up for the ball in tight coverage, good for YAC.
    4) He is NOT very fast
    5) His routes are not crisp, and the only time I really saw him open was when the defender sucked.

I think he will be heralded for his ability to go up and get the ball in tight coverage, but I also think that he HAS to be good at that, since his speed and routes will very rarely allow him to get open in the NFL.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"NodakPaul" wrote:

1) He has GREAT hands
    3) He is very big, and almost looks like he would excel in a TOish role - physical at the front, likes to go up for the ball in tight coverage, good for YAC.
    4) He is NOT very fast
    5) His routes are not crisp, and the only time I really saw him open was when the defender sucked.

I think he will be heralded for his ability to go up and get the ball in tight coverage, but I also think that he HAS to be good at that, since his speed and routes will very rarely allow him to get open in the NFL.
    A couple of other things that came out in the interview......

When asked how fast he ran he said, "Fast".
    He then chuckled and after a bit more back and forth he said he ran alot faster than some thought he could.

Could be attributed to "Combine Speed" but I find it funny how everyone yacks on his speed.
    He never did give his time by the way.

Also, he said something along the lines of speed doesn't matter much when you are 6'4, 216lbs and don't mind going over the middle.

He thought he could get up between 225 and 230lbs before the start of next season without loosing any speed.

Again, I was very impressed with most of his answers.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

1) He has GREAT hands
    4) He is NOT very fast

He then chuckled and after a bit more back and forth he said he ran alot faster than some thought he could.

Could be attributed to "Combine Speed" but I find it funny how everyone yacks on his speed.

Also, he said something along the lines of speed doesn't matter much when you are 6'4, 216lbs and don't mind going over the middle.

He thought he could get up between 225 and 230lbs before the start of next season without loosing any speed.

Yeah, I kinda got the impresion that he was that kind of WR.
    Not a bad thing at all, but something that people need to be aware of if we bring him in to Minny.

As to his speed, I actually don't know what his times are, but when I look at the various game footage of him, I never see him with a step on the defender.
    So either the defenders are playing WAY off or he is slower than them.

I think he would be a good pickup, but I am not convinced that taking him in the first round would be the best play for Minnesota.
    If he slips to the second, then definately.
    Maybe we should all be hoping that his draft stock slips in the combine.
    Definitely possible, since he missed most of last season with a wrist injury, a poor time in the 40 could easily grease the skids for a drop...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

1) He has GREAT hands
    4) He is NOT very fast

Yeah, I kinda got the impresion that he was that kind of WR.
    Not a bad thing at all, but something that people need to be aware of if we bring him in to Minny.

As to his speed, I actually don't know what his times are, but when I look at the various game footage of him, I never see him with a step on the defender.
    So either the defenders are playing WAY off or he is slower than them.

I think he would be a good pickup, but I am not convinced that taking him in the first round would be the best play for Minnesota.
    If he slips to the second, then definately.
    Maybe we should all be hoping that his draft stock slips in the combine.
    Definitely possible, since he missed most of last season with a wrist injury, a poor time in the 40 could easily grease the skids for a drop...
    I agree with you on not drafting him.

Infact I could easily see the Vikes go D with thier first 4 picks.
    Wouldn't that piss off all the guys who only ever cry for WR and QBs in the first couple rounds.
    ;D

I just thought it was pretty unique the question the Vikes asked and how he wove Griff into his answer.
    Kindof a Scum by Association thing.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"NodakPaul" wrote:

1) He has GREAT hands
    4) He is NOT very fast

No one is saying this yet, but usually someone comes and rants about how you can't tell anything about a player by highlights. When really they are the usually the quickest way to find out how someone plays. Accompanied by stats of course.

Well a week or so ago I seen this on PFT, thought it was funny.

Pioli also explained to the Globe the work that [Matt] Walsh was doing for the team in late 2002 and early 2003.

“He had come from video, so the first few months his job was to make highlight tapes of draft-eligible players, guys who were going to be free agents,” Pioli said.
    “It’s like the entry-level position that we have all the scouting assistants in.
    It’s essentially the same job that I did 15 years ago, which was making copies, picking people up at the airport, data entry, more of the highlight tapes of the players, the draft-eligible guys.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

I wish sweed could be taken
    in the 1st round but with the release of Smith. Saftey is a need, unless Marr is correct and Griffen moves to Saftey(that would make 3 Griffen Safties from Texas in 3 staight years lol)

Sweed is a slower Roy Willams but a line up in 2 years of Rice, Sweed and Wade would make running the ball easy.

IMO Sweed is the best WR in the Draft. Whoever says DeSean is the best is lying to themseleves.

Troy Smith knows... Your Quaterback will know too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast