Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Life without Bryant McKinnie

[size=13pt]Life without Bryant McKinnie[/size]

Posted by: Jon Mohr on March 24, 2008 12:25 AM

realfootball365.com

Even with Bryant McKinnie on the roster, the offensive tackle position is tissue-paper thin for the Minnesota Vikings...

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Re: Life without Bryant McKinnie

Just a few nuggets for Marrdro to chew on.....

the offensive tackle position is tissue-paper thin for the Minnesota Vikings
    Help from within is almost certainly not the answer
    Cook gave up seven sacks last season and was solid at times, but he was also outplayed during stretches where he looked like the project he still is
    Johnson, entering his fourth year in the league, is a former second-round draft choice from Mississippi who's been a first-rate bust
    It is even less likely that Minnesota would ask the only other tackle currently on its roster, Chase Johnson, to become the starter

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

With 10 picks in the upcoming draft, you can bet the Vikings brass have a contingency plan. A trade of some sort is looming. We are not done wheeling and dealing.

"PurpleTide" wrote:

With 10 picks in the upcoming draft, you can bet the Vikings brass have a contingency plan. A trade of some sort is looming. We are not done wheeling and dealing.
    Where did you get 10th pick from? I'm pretty damn sure we only have 9.

[size=13pt]Draft Pick Chart[/size]

Posted on Tue Mar 11, 2008 at 08:15:19 AM EDT

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:

Cook gave up seven sacks last season and was solid at times, but he was also outplayed during stretches where he looked like the project he still is
    Johnson, entering his fourth year in the league, is a former second-round draft choice from Mississippi who's been a first-rate bust
    It is even less likely that Minnesota would ask the only other tackle currently on its roster, Chase Johnson, to become the starter
    Ooooooooh, that makes me changes my mind on Cook thats for sure.
    ;D

You got the wrong Johnson.
    Marcus as well as Hicks are nothing more than backups and I agree they could be replaced as backups.
    Chase Johnson is the guy I like but he backs up Cook and Dan Mozes is the heir apparent to Birk who can also play G allowing for he shitcanning of Hicks.

By the way, my previous stance was that we were good with respect to starters.
    Cook did a fine job last year considering he was one of the choosen few to get thrown to the wolves and told to learn to be a RT.
    He will be fine this year.

Since the McKinnie fiasco I have been touting drafting a OT in either the first or the 2nd depending on what happens with Merling and Balmer.

Were you been?
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

;D

Marcus as well as Hicks are nothing more than backups and I agree they could be replaced as backups.
    Chase Johnson is the guy I like but he backs up Cook and Dan Mozes is the heir apparent to Birk who can also play G allowing for he shitcanning of Hicks.

Cook did a fine job last year considering he was one of the choosen few to get thrown to the wolves and told to learn to be a RT.

Since the McKinnie fiasco I have been touting drafting a OT in either the first or the 2nd depending on what happens with Merling and Balmer.

Were you been?
    ;D
    Not in the mock draft threads.

The last line of my previous quote addresses the Chase Johnson situation, as well as this;

He was an undrafted rookie in 2007 and has never seen action in a regular-season game. In fact, guard Artis Hicks was actually called on last season to spell McKinnie when he was bothered by a knee injury.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

;D

Were you been?

;D
    Not in the mock draft threads.

The last line of my previous quote addresses the Chase Johnson situation, as well as this;

He was an undrafted rookie in 2007 and has never seen action in a regular-season game. In fact, guard Artis Hicks was actually called on last season to spell McKinnie when he was bothered by a knee injury.
    That doesn't mean anything.
    Just another sports Hack who doesn't recognize the kids name so that means he can't play ball.

I think I might have to buy me a few OL jersey's this year.
    Cook, Herrera (he needs to change his number) and Chase.

I'll start wearing all three at once for good luck. ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

it may take more than 3 OL jersey's at once to fix the looming Oline problem...

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Hmm, I'm not sure about this year's 7th for Brooks Bollinger...pretty sure, that pick was already used by the Jets last year or the year before.
    And, it has been pointed out, that the pick we gave up for Holcomb is a 2009 6th.
    ???

Did the Jets really take a draft pick 2 years in the future?
    BB has been here since Brad Johnson was the starter.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I dont know why.. But I think still think Big Mac will be around

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast