Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Tanner_QBRB8 is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Lets put two and two together...

ok jimmymac u r the craziest person i have ever heard trade culpepper for Williams u r crazy and y do we want Johnson as a starter he is too old daunte will be fine next year

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Tanner_QBRB8" wrote:
    ok jimmymac u r the craziest person i have ever heard trade culpepper for Williams u r crazy and y do we want Johnson as a starter he is too old daunte will be fine next year
    Oh my gosh, why did you have to ask? :shock:

Didn't we have this conversation (arguement) already Jimmymac? :wink:

This was a round and round arguement in a previous thread.

Long story short, is that he doesn't think DC is the QB for the Vikings future success.

I will have to see if I can find the link to the thread, then we won't have to rehash it here.

MrGopher16 is offline Hall of Famer

There are a lot of posts on here where you see the same arguments pop up.

It's pretty much unavoidable because a lot of these subjects are easily comparable.
    ;-)

jimmymac is offline Pro-Bowler

The Culpepper lovers are just more vocal and aggressive than the Culpepper doubters in the forum.

There are more like me. :wink:

And I'm serious, not crazy... or is it I'm crazy, not serious? I get those two mixed up. :sad:
    -- Sarcasm always turned on --

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"jimmymac" wrote:
    The Culpepper lovers are just more vocal and aggressive than the Culpepper doubters in the forum.

There are more like me. :wink:

And I'm serious, not crazy... or is it I'm crazy, not serious? I get those two mixed up. :sad:
    Culpepper has always had his doubters on this site, but they pretty much shut up when he performed like a league MVP last year. Ricky is only slightly better than Onterrio, and I don't even want Onterrio on this team.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

ChosenOne is offline Starter

"Redmption" wrote:
    Lets put two and two together...

Dolphins coach Nick Saban said the team will examine possibly trading running back Ricky Williams if another team expresses interest. But Saban said that scenario applies with any player, although keeping Williams and rookie running back Ronnie Brown could be problematic over the long haul.
    -- Miami Herald

The chatter is only increasing that Vikings quarterback Daunte Culpepper will be looking for a new home next season, one far away from Minnesota. The most logical landing spot could be Miami.
    -- NFL.com

Red's Take:
    Minnesota really needs an every down RB and want a powerhouse runner (Ricky Williams). Dolphins need a QB (Culpepper). Vikings could trade Culpepper for Williams and Dolphins 1st round pick. Then the Vikings would take their two 1st round picks they have and trade with one of the teams who have one of the top 5 picks so they could take Vince Young.
    I like the way you think.
    Redemtion you are the man. I agree Daunte should be traded that way he won't be a problem for us anymore. We won't have to worry about his knee or any off the field stuff that he is going through.
    I am so glad someone agrees with me
    "Big names don't win big games, Big hearts win big games"--ChosenOne

Guruzen is offline Starter

1. Daunte has NO trade value until he gets back on the field. No coach in their right mind would trade the farm for a struggling QB recovering from a 1 year layoff.

2. There is a QB shortage right now so it's not like we can easily go out and get a new QB. Brad is not our long term answer!

3. There is a RB surplus so it would be way easier finding our stud RB via FA or even trading a draft pick for one.

4. QB's take time to develop but RB's start instantly. It would make more sense to keep Daunte and bring in a new RB than vice versa.

5. Lastly, Moore showed he could get the job done. I think with Bennett unlikely to return, we should go for a goal line runner rather than an every down back. Look at Car (Foster/Davis), Pitt (Parker/Bettis) and Atl (Dunn/Duckett)... we could have Moore + a bruiser for short yardage situations.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Guruzen" wrote:
    1. Daunte has NO trade value until he gets back on the field. No coach in their right mind would trade the farm for a struggling QB recovering from a 1 year layoff.

2. There is a QB shortage right now so it's not like we can easily go out and get a new QB. Brad is not our long term answer!

3. There is a RB surplus so it would be way easier finding our stud RB via FA or even trading a draft pick for one.

4. QB's take time to develop but RB's start instantly. It would make more sense to keep Daunte and bring in a new RB than vice versa.

5. Lastly, Moore showed he could get the job done. I think with Bennett unlikely to return, we should go for a goal line runner rather than an every down back. Look at Car (Foster/Davis), Pitt (Parker/Bettis) and Atl (Dunn/Duckett)... we could have Moore + a bruiser for short yardage situations.
    Great Post!

Maybe Denny would bet the farm, but they have nothing to offer us.

No Trade!!!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Redmption" wrote:
    Lets put two and two together...

Dolphins coach Nick Saban said the team will examine possibly trading running back Ricky Williams if another team expresses interest. But Saban said that scenario applies with any player, although keeping Williams and rookie running back Ronnie Brown could be problematic over the long haul.
    -- Miami Herald

The chatter is only increasing that Vikings quarterback Daunte Culpepper will be looking for a new home next season, one far away from Minnesota. The most logical landing spot could be Miami.
    -- NFL.com

Red's Take:
    Minnesota really needs an every down RB and want a powerhouse runner (Ricky Williams). Dolphins need a QB (Culpepper). Vikings could trade Culpepper for Williams and Dolphins 1st round pick. Then the Vikings would take their two 1st round picks they have and trade with one of the teams who have one of the top 5 picks so they could take Vince Young.
    1. The Dolphins will never give up that much for Pep...too much of a gamble for someone who just had MAJOR reconstructive knee surgery.

2. Vince Young is staying at Texas for next season...so he isn't going to be available.

3. We can probably get Sticky Icky for a fourth-rounder...look at the Dillon trade between the Pats and the Bengals.

4. Pep will not be available next season...so he has no immediate value to any team that needs a QB next season...the Dolphins need a QB immediately, so Pep has no value to them.

5. No one will make the trade-up deal with us anyway...not unless we give them way more than it's worth...and I don't want another Walker deal with us being the suckers again.

The best route is to keep Pep and give the Dolphins a fourth-rounder for Ricky...sign him to a moderate contract loaded with incentives and with total protection for if he quits again...the deal becomes in essence, the same gamble that we took in drafting Onterrio...if it doesn't pan out, we only lose a fourth-rounder...no big deal!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

ChosenOne is offline Starter

So you guys are saying that Daunte stinks and noone would think of trading for him?
    "Big names don't win big games, Big hearts win big games"--ChosenOne

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast