Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    CrazyVikingsFan is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Lets put two and two together...

Are you kidding I love Ricky Williams but Culpepper for him! No way If you remember the Patriots traded a 5th round pick for Corey Dillon. That madden Video game(which I love) has drove us crazy thinking we have to trade primere playes for sub par. I know this when i trade for moss who is A++ for almost all my draft picks for him. I go to trade him and he is worth shnit on the market. All I am saying is if we trade Culpepper were goin to get a high draft pick and a great player. We were expecting that with moss but Harris isnt that great. Moss had all these disruptions. The only thing Culpepper did wrong is get a lap dance and I am sure he has gotten more than that on that lake! LOL So lets be serious here we may trade Culpepper but I know if we are going to get Ricky all Miami is goin to get is a 5th round pick at best. If we trade Culpepper for sucky players all were goin to do is: Sonny Corleone- I dont want him walkin out of there with just his Diick in his hand!

if pep got traded....i would drop dead.....2 disasters 2 years in a row!!!

stjmnsota is offline Pro-Bowler

Trade him. Every one says that we need an o line and we don't need running backs because Ontario Smith will be back. Ok, then why is everyone slamming Ricky? I agree that he needs to get his head on straight, but doesn't Smith, too?

If we can make the trade conditional for both parties that the players perform, and the Vikes get a draft pick too, then I say get it done.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

Yeah Smith needs to straighten up; so your solution is to get another loser who might be out of the league for a year; good thinking.

Trade DC to New Orleans for their first rounder and package that with one of ours for the Texan pick. We get Reggie!!!!!!!!!! Johnson can play another year or two and then trade for Schaub from Atlanta.

Draft a LB and O-lineman and we will have a solid team!!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

"SharperVikings" wrote:
    I'm right behind you I think I would drop dead also

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"DCPologirl" wrote:
    "SharperVikings" wrote:
    I'm right behind you I think I would drop dead also
    I have more invested in DC than I had in Tice. It would be the worst move we made unless we got the block buster deal of the Century, but I don't see ANYONE giving us what DC is worth, so we keep him.

I just rationalized it, but to me it is irrational to even think about getting rid of him. It would be like the Moss trade, we got pooh for him and he was/is the "most talented" WR in the NFL.

stjmnsota is offline Pro-Bowler

"tarkenton10" wrote:
    Yeah Smith needs to straighten up; so your solution is to get another loser who might be out of the league for a year; good thinking.

Trade DC to New Orleans for their first rounder and package that with one of ours for the Texan pick. We get Reggie!!!!!!!!!! Johnson can play another year or two and then trade for Schaub from Atlanta.

Draft a LB and O-lineman and we will have a solid team!!
    I'm not a big Ricky Fan, but he is the style of runner we are in need of. I stress the conditional trade (if possible). I am leaning more towards a draft pick. Ricky may only be short term. Mainly, a reasonable way to get Daunte out of MN and get something in return.

I like your idea of Trading to NO. But is that as likely as Miami trade? Honestly, I would be very surprised if the Vikes let Daunte go, they tend to hang onto the guys they shouldn't and let go the guys they should keep. I.E. Brad Johnson/Randall Cunningham or the whole Walker trade.

jimmymac is offline Pro-Bowler

I would trade Culpepper for Williams in a heart beat.

With play action, a power running back and Brad's quick pass ability the offense would be much more balanced.

Williams has finished out the season with a bang whereas Culpepper is now a bigger question mark than before.
    -- Sarcasm always turned on --

MrGopher16 is offline Hall of Famer

Worst move i could ever think of. Why would you want to rely on Brad to get the work done. He WAS a great QB and his time is almost up. That's why he's our BACKUP. He did his job well, to cover for c-pep while he was hurt. We'd have no future, unless you all would like to then draft a QB and either wait years for him to develop (or not, see harrington or boller to name a few) or you can play him right away, and watch our seeing get picked away (see Rodgers or Smith).

C-pep is a PROVEN high caliber QB, and when we fix our o-line issues we wont be having these ridiculous thoughts anymore.
    ;-)

MaddenVodkaAddict is offline Coordinator

I like Pep, I just hope he doesn't turn out like Kurt Warner. I wouldn't mind seeing what Shaub could do, he looked pretty darn good against us. Granted it was only for a little while and the whole boat thing was going on.
    I Love Kerry Collins (and John Rocker).

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast