Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Lets put two and two together...

Only thing I have to say about that is I believe Vince will be better then Eli and Big ben..

Ben ain't that good.. has a great D and a good running game..

Eli isn' that great either.. Had a fast start.. Faded off..

Vince is a better passer then both of them I bet.. And can run.. Him and Ricky would be awesome with the WR's we got!

This isn't gonna happen though.. So i'm totally cool with Pep

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

that is a crazy thought of an idea. like wow. it seems to unrealistic to happen in reality tho.

i dont want to loose Daunte. he is the face of the franchise. do we really want to trade that away to attempt and get another one? what if the QB we draft is a bust? then we are stuck with BJ for another year, and i really dont want that.

the problem with ricky is he is a wildcard. sure he was great at the end of the season, but who says he wont quit on his team again? i wouldnt be mad if we got him, but i dont want to take him and be forced to relie on him.

ive said many times that memo is not good enough to be a featured back. i guess if we dont do anything at rb, he is going to have to be.
    We're bringing purple back.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

I have been a big believer that CPep was going nowhere. But I keep hearing more and more (and not here on PP.O) that Wilf and the boys are considering taking some part of CPep's bonus back and shopping him at the very least.

I dont like it myself, but it was all over NFL Network this morning as the had a pretty lengthy piece about it.

They said that it wasn't the love boat or his injury or the way he sucked earlier this year. The said the reason he will be shopped around is that "they dont see him maturing on the field to become the face and leader of this team " (again, on the field) when he put up his stink to see Randy gone. It was said that was the only reason he will be shopped. Now, on the flip side, they said that if CPep can in some way prove he has matured and can take control of the "O" and be a field general like he asked for when he wanted Randy gone ... Wilf and the boys would welcome him staying in Minny.

V4L

Ricky ain't gonna walk out on his team.. He needs to money.. He is in debt hardcore..

If we actually had the chance to get Vince and Ricky I don't see why we wouldn't do it.. But we aren't gonna..

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

DC is reaching the QB maturity years, I think it would be a big mistake to give up on him. If he wants out, that is a different story. But I don't want to wait five years for a college QB to reach the point where DC is now, injured or still pushing the hump of the maturity stage.

When did Young say he was entering the draft? I haven't been paying attention, but at Thanksgiving, he said he was staying another year.

V4L

He didn't say yet.. but if we got a shot at Vince and Ricky for Pep I would mos def take that!

vikesls is offline Rookie

Ziggy seems to be his own man. Wants it HIS way. Drop Tice, get a new coach.... drop Pep and get some new blood. I don't think Ziggy wants to inherit a team, he wants to build his team.

Anything is possible now IMO.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"vikesls" wrote:
    Ziggy seems to be his own man. Wants it HIS way. Drop Tice, get a new coach.... drop Pep and get some new blood. I don't think Ziggy wants to inherit a team, he wants to build his team.

Take this with a grain of salt:

Adam Shefter with NFL.com and NFL TA, said yesterday that one Viking Exec said that the chances of having Tice back were greater than having DC back.

With Tice gone, does that mean that DC is gone?

I hope not. I hope that was a reporter taking someones speculation the wrong way.

Maybe they were saying that Tice was the biggest DC supporter????

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "vikesls" wrote:

Take this with a grain of salt:

Adam Shefter with NFL.com and NFL TA, said yesterday that one Viking Exec said that the chances of having Tice back were greater than having DC back.

With Tice gone, does that mean that DC is gone?

I hope not. I hope that was a reporter taking someones speculation the wrong way.

Maybe they were saying that Tice was the biggest DC supporter????
    That was the same thing I saw with Shefter and was referring to in my above post .... Doesn't sound too good for D.C. ...

Wiggles67 is offline Coordinator

Trading DC for an unproven rookie that would take at least 2 probably 3 years to develop with the chance that he could turn out to be a bust anyways is just silly. Come on guys lets think about this. Look at the number of top QB's that have been drafted in the first round that havent lived up to potential. Why would we want risk all of this with the players we have right now. We dont need a complete overhaul or revamp of this team! we need to add a few players and thats about it!

"I choose my company by the beating of their hearts, not the swelling of their heads"

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast