Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Lets put two and two together...

I like Memo, but I am thinking more and more he will be a 3rd down running back. He simply hasn't been able to stay healthy.

As for Ricky, I'm not sure what kind of trade value he has, but it can't be any higher than a 3rd round pick. To me, trading a top 5 QB in this league for the 16th overall pick and an unreliable RB with pot issues is an even worse trade than the Moss trade.

I'm not even sure if Vince young has declared for this draft.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Gift is offline Coordinator

We need an every down back but we need a quality QB more. If C-pep lives up to his potential he is worth more than 5 ricky williams but at the same time our current RB crew will not be good enough to present a well rounded offense next year & BJ is obviously not a long ter option as our QB. All I really know is we have alot of questions and few good answers at this point.
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    I like Memo, but I am thinking more and more he will be a 3rd down running back. He simply hasn't been able to stay healthy.

As for Ricky, I'm not sure what kind of trade value he has, but it can't be any higher than a 3rd round pick. To me, trading a top 5 QB in this league for the 16th overall pick and an unreliable RB with pot issues is an even worse trade than the Moss trade.

I'm not even sure if Vince young has declared for this draft.
    Amen Italian.

To me the biggest worry about CPep is the injury. I cannot see him recovering from that type of injury and be effective on the field. The knee is the weakest joint in the body and CPep is most effective when scrambling for yards. Ricky is not the answer as we do have good back already they just need the reps. The O line was so bad that I am amazed BJ didn't get killed. With that said we need a QB and OL if CPep can't perform. BJ will not hold out a whole season when he is being drilled every other play because the OL can't block or remember the snap count. IMHO....

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

DC doesn't need the Dolphins..........Period!

All DC needs is for a good coach to tell him, "even with your bum knee or your healthy knee of the past, all you need to do is make the plays when we ask. The other downs, let the offense do the work."

As far as MeMo, some of his injury problems were his injured ego with Tice. Or it was Tice's vengence towards Memo????? Who knows, next year, he gets a fresh start to prove himself, so hopefully it will rejuvenate him as well as some other players on the team.

With a new coach, it gets rid of biases that the staff may have had and players get reevaluated on a fair playing field.

Wear your shades Purple Gang, cause the future is so bright.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Vince Young is the real deal, I'd take em. Would I get rid of daunte for him....IDK...maybe..actually I probably would.I love Daunte, but his injury scares me. Vince Young will be a big star in the NFL, he did so much damage without any number 1 WR's.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

stjmnsota is offline Pro-Bowler

I say if Miami wants to trade Williams and a 1st round pick for Cpep, then goodbye Daunte. Not sure if Ricky has his head on straight yet, and I love Mewelde, but there is a difference between Ricky and MM. But what a tandem they would make.

So take a first round pick and get a QB, Brad will teach him over the next year or two and use the other pick to take an o line or defensive player or another RB to learn under Ricky. O line can be picked up in Free agency.

The Vikes need to finally make the commitement to rebuild. They have never done that since I can remember. What better time than now to do that. New ownership, new coaches, new players... I would rather see the Vikes less competitive for a couple of years than .500 for the next 10. That's where we are and have been for few years.

Daunte is not our future. Time to let him go and save the bonus he has coming next year.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I would take Vince over Pep too.. His throws are pretty and presise..

Can't forget his running ability.. He will be the second leading rusher for QB's behind Vick when he gets his shot at starting

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Only way I would actually do this trade is if we got Ricky and thier 1st round.. And we were actually able to get Vince Young for sure..

Big C is offline Coordinator

With the talent we have on the team right now, it would be a waste to trade Dante and wait for a rookie QB to develop. We were a playoff calibre team this year if not for the injuries, distractions, Ted Cottrell and no OC.

I also agree that MeMo can be an every down back with a proper O-Line. I mean look at the yards he got behind a POS line!

I would rather keep Dante and hope he returns to at least 50% of his 2004 form than hope for a rookie QB to be the next Eli or Big ben (or Kyle Orton ).
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast