Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Redmption is offline Pro-Bowler

Lets put two and two together...

Lets put two and two together...

Dolphins coach Nick Saban said the team will examine possibly trading running back Ricky Williams if another team expresses interest. But Saban said that scenario applies with any player, although keeping Williams and rookie running back Ronnie Brown could be problematic over the long haul.
    -- Miami Herald

The chatter is only increasing that Vikings quarterback Daunte Culpepper will be looking for a new home next season, one far away from Minnesota. The most logical landing spot could be Miami.
    -- NFL.com

Red's Take:
    Minnesota really needs an every down RB and want a powerhouse runner (Ricky Williams). Dolphins need a QB (Culpepper). Vikings could trade Culpepper for Williams and Dolphins 1st round pick. Then the Vikings would take their two 1st round picks they have and trade with one of the teams who have one of the top 5 picks so they could take Vince Young.

MrGopher16 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Lets put two and two together...

Rookie QB's take awhile to develop. I wouldn't want to take our franchise quarterback and give him away for an "every down running back" when i think that we could easily have that already in mewelde. It's not our RB that's the problem it's our o-line.

Then we would have to rely on Brad Johnson's last breaths of his career to sustain us until Vince is "ready" and if he's a bust, we're screwed.

In my opinion of course.
    ;-)

whiteboy is offline Pro-Bowler

"MrGopher16" wrote:
    Rookie QB's take awhile to develop. I wouldn't want to take our franchise quarterback and give him away for an "every down running back" when i think that we could easily have that already in mewelde. It's not our RB that's the problem it's our o-line.

Then we would have to rely on Brad Johnson's last breaths of his career to sustain us until Vince is "ready" and if he's a bust, we're screwed.

In my opinion of course.
    i agree 100%. memo has the potential to be a great back as long as he has a decent line in front of him. trading duante would not be a wise decision. and whose to say we would get that much for a qb who has had major knee surgery. in addition, nobody knows what kind of player he will be when the season starts.

keep duante here, we owe it to him. he has the talent to take this team to the big game, hopefully his knee will allow it. at any rate, we should not trade duante, especially for another weedhead. keep duante here and see what the future brings.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

I really don't see Pep going anywhere....

First off, the guy fills seats, and thats one of the biggest parts of the NFL buisness today...

I could see us going after Jamal Lewis of the Ravens.....Maybe even R.Williams, but not involving a PeP trade...

There will be some solid FA RB's out there this year and I think our team goes that way......We have alot of , still young, key players at key positions and think we go for more of a proven Vet. RB ..

We could use some good young blood in the draft covering the OL and LB positions...

JMTCW

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

"VikingNed" wrote:
    I really don't see Pep going anywhere....

First off, the guy fills seats, and thats one of the biggest parts of the NFL buisness today...

I could see us going after Jamal Lewis of the Ravens.....Maybe even R.Williams, but not involving a PeP trade...

There will be some solid FA RB's out there this year and I think our team goes that way......We have alot of , still young, key players at key positions and think we go for more of a proven Vet. RB ..

We could use some good young blood in the draft covering the OL and LB positions...

JMTCW
    I think The OL should be our primary focus....we have two great quarterbacks...nuff said.

You really think we would want Ray Lewis? What ever happened with his murder charges? Is he a FA this year? The Ravens love him.

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

i think he meant Jamal Lewis, the ravens RB that everyone is talking about how he should come here.
    ;-)

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

That's frightening. Please don't go CPep!

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

Doh! :shock: My apologies...please ignore the last part of my earlier post ops: I saw Lewis an got all riled up lol

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

"DCPologirl" wrote:
    Doh! :shock: My apologies...please ignore the last part of my earlier post ops: I saw Lewis an got all riled up lol
    haha no worries, i'm sure it happens to the best of us at one time or another!
    ;-)

"whiteboy" wrote:
    "MrGopher16" wrote:

In my opinion of course.
    i agree 100%. memo has the potential to be a great back as long as he has a decent line in front of him. trading duante would not be a wise decision. and whose to say we would get that much for a qb who has had major knee surgery. in addition, nobody knows what kind of player he will be when the season starts.

keep duante here, we owe it to him. he has the talent to take this team to the big game, hopefully his knee will allow it. at any rate, we should not trade duante, especially for another weedhead. keep duante here and see what the future brings.
    Memo's biggest problem is injuries. Whether it was his ankles or wrists, something was bothering him most of the year. I think he's a great back when on the field but he's not on the field enough. I think we need to bring in more competition and see what happens.
    Even babies know the difference.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast