Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

Re: Which one?

Cutler. Young and ol' Matt are likely to both be busts from where they're picked.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

Wiggles67 is offline Coordinator

Re: Let's Make A Deal

:banghead: NO NO NO NO NO

"I choose my company by the beating of their hearts, not the swelling of their heads"

shawn9876uss is offline Coordinator

I feel that cutler would be the best overall, I don't trust lienart, he is too much hollywood

Thanks PurpleMafia

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"LuckyVike" wrote:
    Cutler. Young and ol' Matt are likely to both be busts from where they're picked.
    I agree. I think Leinart will be better than all 3 right off the bat, but I don't see him getting any better than average throughout his career. I don't trust Young's delivery and I also don't buy into his "play making" ability based upon what he did in college. It's different in the pros, plus how many "play making" quarterbacks do you see winning Super Bowls? The names Cunningham and Vick come to mind. I think Cutler has the most potential to be great. I worry though because he was hyped up a lot earlier in the offseason, and I hate to buy into the hype that the media creates.

I think the best quarterback in the draft is going to come outside of the first round. I think its going to end up being Croyle or Whitehurst or Kellen Clemens or someone even further down in the draft in the 5th or 6th rounds.

Im not gonna lie, i find this to be very good news, ive been pullin for Cutler for awhile now.

I think we should trade every topic on this forum for topics only on one of the top 3 qbs....we are well are on our way.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"VikesFan4Life" wrote:
    I realize the need for a future QB, and it surely cannot and will not be ignored, but now is the time to invest a 1st round pick in a LB. It's been nine years since we drafted LB in the first.

It's time baby!
    And yet we constantly seem to draft LBs in the 2nd, so it isn't like we haven't been addressing it.

A rookie LB will not have as much an impact as people seem to think. Neither will a rookie QB, but we don't have any young QBs with potential, but we do for LBs.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

I still don't understand moving up, giving up valuable picks to obtain a college QB who has proven nothing. I on the otherhand will admit that I do not know what's best for the Vikings, since I am not on their staff. I am just a diehard, lifelong fan. So whatever the Vikes do I will support them and be happy. We could just give up one pick in this draft for Schaub and keep the rest of our picks to move up or down and get what we need in the LB core and oline. A guy who has actually made an nfl roster and has proven to some degree he belongs on an nfl football field. Saturday will be a crazy day and I can't wait. Even if there is some verocity to thist story and it comes to life I wouldn't mind Cutler. I put my trust in Childress, Studwell and the rest of the Vikings orginization to make the right move.

Go Vikes!

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "VikesFan4Life" wrote:
    I realize the need for a future QB, and it surely cannot and will not be ignored, but now is the time to invest a 1st round pick in a LB. It's been nine years since we drafted LB in the first.

It's time baby!
    And yet we constantly seem to draft LBs in the 2nd, so it isn't like we haven't been addressing it.

A rookie LB will not have as much an impact as people seem to think. Neither will a rookie QB, but we don't have any young QBs with potential, but we do for LBs.
    Don't get me wrong, I do like our current linebackers, and they need a real chance to showcase what they can do. I believe our past situation with poor defensive coaches has not been good for our young linebackers, especially DT and E.J.

But make no mistake, I'm on board with whatever decisions the TOA makes regarding these two positions of need. QB in the first is ok with me, as is LB.
    Proud member of PP.O since April 5th, 2003!

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

I just watched the 1998 Season Review on ESPN Classic. I'm sure we all remember a certain WR who dropped to #21 on the board and Denny snapped him up...leading to the most magical and most disappointing season (arguably) in Vikings history. In my humble opinion, the Vikes should stay with their first three picks, and pick Greenway, Williams, or Sims with #17; or, Cutler if he drops. One of those 4 would be a great addition to a team that, hopefully, reverts back to the special year that was 1998. I travelled from Delaware to three of the games that year, and remember Game #3 vividly; where it became obvious that Moss could not be covered. New owner, new coaches, new uniforms...new (renewed) Viking Pride; please guys, stay put and pick the best player available.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast