Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Let's Look Ahead To 2008 - MN Free Agents

"snowinapril" wrote:
    T-Rich is $1.3 mil according to FOX site.
    It isn't that much.
    Sass is getting paid more.
    Richardson's 2007 salary was $820,000.
    Fairly cheap for a Pro Bowl FB.

http://www.nflpa.org/Resources/ActivePlayerSearch.aspx?id=21110

That is, of course, the biggest problem with the NFLPA's site - they don't provide bonus information nor cap impact.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Overlord" wrote:
    "mountainviking" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    Salaries!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/teamSalary?categoryId=67053
    That can't be right.
    Makes no sense that TWill made that much...

Players are paid on a 17-week basis (16 games plus the bye week). Based on that formula, Williamson lost $25,588.24 by leaving. His base salary this season is $435,000.
    http://nc.startribune.com/blogs/vikings/?p=1117

Perhaps, that is his cap number?
    Did he get a huge signing bonus?
    Williamson's salary is not too much next year - about $900,000.
    The other part of that cap hit (about $3 million) is from bonuses.
    Specifically, there is a little (relatively speaking) allocated to a workout bonus (I think $250,000), and I think the rest is a roster bonus.
    That means that we get to clear almost the entire $4 million of cap space if we cut him before free agency starts.
    Wilf also gets to avoid paying him about $4 million in cash.

A more detailed breakdown and discussion of the team's 2008 salaries is in this thread, with most of the legwork done by JUCJ85.

As far as Richardson goes, the guy is far too good to just let go.
    Modern cap economics dictate that you have to keep your talented players if you want to get better, because the cap is high enough for every other team to retain their good players.
    As long as he wants to play for us, I would suggest we pay him to be here.
    His injuries don't bother me.
    He's been unlucky the past few years but as a rule has not been injury prone.
    Over 13 years he has played in 186 of 208 possible games, and only in 2006 did he miss more than 3 games in one year.

Dontarius Thomas is in the same boat in my book.
    Too good to let go if you can help it.
    The problem is I don't think we'll be able to help it in his case.
    Facing at least 3 years sitting on the bench is probably too much to swallow for a pretty talented guy in the prime of his career.
    Here are Williamson's actual salary numbers.
    Again - since this is the NFLPA site, it's only base salary that they show.

http://www.nflpa.org/Resources/ActivePlayerSearch.aspx?id=37210

Salary History

2005 230000.00
    2006 350000.00
    2007 435000.00
    2008 910000.00
    2009 1435000.00

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

Nothing to bad, T rich should come back for a chance at the playoffs
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

Did anyone else notice that when the play call was a short pass to Richardson it worked like every time?
    He is a great fullback and i hope to god we resign him.

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

I don't think we have a reason NOT to resign him... he's not that expensive... if he wants to play more, he seemed happy here....

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

davike is offline Team Alumni

"PackSux!" wrote:
    Did anyone else notice that when the play call was a short pass to Richardson it worked like every time?

He is a great fullback and i hope to god we resign him.
    That could be because we hardly ever threw to him
    If they threw to him a bunch then teams would cover him more and it probably wouldn't work so well

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I don't have alot to base this on but if you look at what this staff has tried to do, since Ziggy took over, is they resign players they intend to keep during the year and roll that money into that years CAP limit if at all possible.

With that said, my gut tells me that if they intended to keep guys like Doss, T-Rich etc they would have already tendered them some sort of offer.

Thats not to say they won't let them test the market and when no team offers them a contract, they can then resign them at league minimum.

Taking this approach with the likes of Doss might be a gamble as the FA market isn't very good this
    year when you look at S but the demand for a FB like T-rich isn't gonna be that high as most teams don't use a FB in that role and his age will also turn a few
    teams off as well.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Are Tom Brady or Peyton Manning free agents?? If one of them are, we should SERIOUSLY consider getting them!! hahahaha

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    I don't have alot to base this on but if you look at what this staff has tried to do, since Ziggy took over, is they resign players they intend to keep during the year and roll that money into that years CAP limit if at all possible.

With that said, my gut tells me that if they intended to keep guys like Doss, T-Rich etc they would have already tendered them some sort of offer.

Thats not to say they won't let them test the market and when no team offers them a contract, they can then resign them at league minimum.

Taking this approach with the likes of Doss might be a gamble as the FA market isn't very good this
    year when you look at S but the demand for a FB like T-rich isn't gonna be that high as most teams don't use a FB in that role and his age will also turn a few
    teams off as well.
    Not neccesarily Marr, this staff has shown that they like to sign people to long term contracts to cement a solid team for years to come (hopefull) as soon as possible (Pat & Kevin Williams, McKinnie, etc).
    However, in a situation like this with T-Rich, it makes sense to wait until the end of the season resign him, but that doesn't mean they didnt start negotiations with him earlier.
    Hell, they might have even tried and he said he didn't want to talk extensions until the end of the season because he wants to wait till then to decide if he even wants to play another year.

Richardson has shown he can still play, and with the NFL's top ranked rushing attack, and falling a game short of the playoffs, I can see him wanting to come back another year, and could see them signing him to a one, maybe two, year deal.

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

teams off as well.
    Not neccesarily Marr, this staff has shown that they like to sign people to long term contracts to cement a solid team for years to come (hopefull) as soon as possible (Pat & Kevin Williams, McKinnie, etc).
    However, in a situation like this with T-Rich, it makes sense to wait until the end of the season resign him, but that doesn't mean they didnt start negotiations with him earlier.
    Hell, they might have even tried and he said he didn't want to talk extensions until the end of the season because he wants to wait till then to decide if he even wants to play another year.

Richardson has shown he can still play, and with the NFL's top ranked rushing attack, and falling a game short of the playoffs, I can see him wanting to come back another year, and could see them signing him to a one, maybe two, year deal.
    I hope you right.

I still believe that our FA's will be allowed to test the FA market before we offer them anything.
    To date, we haven't seen anything from anyof the stating that a offer has been made.
    Maybe it is being kept on the down low but I don't believe that.

We will see.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234