Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Letroy Guion????

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "vikings11_27" wrote:
    [quote author=singersp link=topic=44471.msg770096#msg770096 date=1209324260]
    [quote author=VikingsTw link=topic=44471.msg770086#msg770086 date=1209323902]
    [quote author=singersp link=topic=44471.msg770073#msg770073 date=1209323510]
    Once again Spielman "screws the pooch".

OL being our weakest link going into this years draft & they fail to select any O-Lineman. WTF is up with that. 2 years in a row now & they haven't added any talent since Hutchinson, with the exception of trainging camp fodder that they brought on after the draft was over.

Apparently, the front office is not worried about our QB's having to pick their dimply buttocks off the turf 38 times a season.

So much for their big Philosophy of "It all starts up on the front O-line"
    I wouldn't say he screwed the pooch, I think we are choosing the BPA. Plus we have decent depth at Offesive Line according to the guys running the show. There obviously not as worried about it as some of the fans. G Brian Daniels, T Chase Johnson C Dan Mozes and T/G Marcus Johnson are all young backups who have been in the system.

Also keep in mind the draft is not over, we may some guys taken here in the sixth if not possibly some undrated guys they like, maybe the Tackle position is that deep.

I blelieve the phylophy is still strong, we spend alot of money on the oline. Not only that but look what we have did for the D Line in getting Jared Allen and now a young DT in Letroy. It starts in the trenches.
    We have plenty of depth on D-Line. O-Line is where it's lacking. Of those 4 guys you mentioned, only one of them, Marcus Johnson, has seen any playing time. The rest were draft leavings who went unsigned & haven't shown slick willy on the field. Also IMO, M. Johnson isn't that good at all. He's already proven that by being replaced as a starter more than once.
    And a rookie we draft has seen how much time?
    None. But what it gives you is options at who your backups are rather than this is who your stuck with. They could all pan out, they could all be busts or any combination there in, but I'd sure as hell hate to find out during mid-season if Birk goes down that Mozes is a bust & you have no one else on your roster at all.

The same is true for any depth position on the O-Line. So far as proven goes, Hicks is the best backup we have.

Not a pretty picture IMO.
    I wouldn't say we are stuck with those players, those are guys we picked up and obviously we are comfortable with them. All the guys we have as backups, especailly the Childress era guys all had great college carears, thats what we do know. We also know that there is no panic to try'n bring in young Oline to compete with the guys we already have, our staff feels comfortable with those guys. They are all developing mentally and physically, they have also been in the sytem for some time. Continuity is important but If a guy is on the board we will take him. Unlike yourslef I'm not in panic mode, our staff knows what they are doing.
    [/quote]

They also felt comfortable with going into the season with T-Will last year. Need I say more?
    [/quote]

This is a complete Dumb@ss comment. I'll tell you why. Troy Williamson showed promise of becoming a WR that could possibly be a starter, he had no problem getting open or running the routes asked of him, he was also commited to working hard on his catching. Granted things did not work out and we got to bottom of his problems(choker) we were not about to the cut the #7 overall pick with the potential to become a good player. Usually it will take three years to get to the truth in a player. Three years is what it took and and now he is gone. Living in past with silly comments like this to backup a debate is garbage.

Also keep in mind Troy Williamson was not drafted in the Childress era, he was drafted by the Genious in Tice, a guy who was known to reach dramitically for players, he also disgarded off the field issues when drafting players.
    [/quote]

As like Childress, Tice does not draft players, the front office does. T-Will I was all in favor for getting another chance, but it was still a risk they took because they had faith in him. BUt they had plan B. My point is he didn't pan out. Despite the faith & the effort, he failed. In that scenario we at least had Fergy, Rice & Wade to then go to as plan B.

Much like Mozes & Chad johnson, they have faith in them, but if they get called upon & fail early in the year, where is plan B? No ones is there & now you go thru the rest of the season the best as you can with what you have. With McKinnie facing a possible suspension, the reality of it is there.

I'll simply laugh at your comment of "living in the past". If I can't base my opinions on what happened last year (2007), what am I supposed to base them on. What's happened in the 2008 season? We haven't played game one yet.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

[size=13pt]Vikings Select Letroy Guion[/size]

vikings.com

4/27/2008

Overview
    After starting just 14 games during his three years with the Seminoles, it was a great surprise to FSU coaches when Guion announced after the Motor City Bowl that he would bypass his senior season and declare for the 2008 NFL Draft. He was part of the school's academic cheating scandal that saw 36 football players ruled ineligible for postseason action. With just 66 tackles to his credit over 32 games, his resume does not give professional teams much to base their evaluation on.....

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Should have took Carl Nicks.

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"marstc09" wrote:
    [size=16pt]Should have took Carl Nicks.[/size]

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

interesting... they sure seem to be targeting a lot of defensive linemen this offseason :P

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

[size=13pt]Vikings take defensive tackle[/size]

April 27th, 2008 – 1:29 PM

by Judd Zulgad
    startribune.com

The Vikings selected Florida State defensive tackle Letroy Guion (6-4, 303 pounds) with their second pick of the fifth round (No. 152 overall).....

[size=13pt]BHS grad Guion drafted by NFL's Vikings[/size]

By: Cliff Smelley, Telegraph Staff Writer
    zwire.com

May 01, 2008

He had hopes of going higher, but the bottom line is Bradford High School graduate Letroy Guion was taken in this year's NFL draft, which was all he was asking for....

mjuaire is offline Rookie

As a Seminole, I love this pick.
    If it's one thing you can count on is some bad jiggly butt dudes coming from the D-line at FSU.
    I will assume that Derrick Alexander will come to mind for most MN fans, but remember that even considering that he was less productive than we would have hoped, and less productive than most Noles, he was no Demetrius Underwood and he still had a decent career.
    and if you take a full inventory of DL from FSU, you'll will come to the assumption that this was a solid pick talent wise as well as filling a need.

Now for the resurrection of the Vikes...and the Noles....we pray
    ;D

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

I think that Guion is more prepared than TJack and should be starting by the beginning of the regular season at QB.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Chazz is offline Coordinator

"cajunvike" wrote:
    I think that Guion is more prepared than TJack and should be starting by the beginning of the regular season at QB.

Nice. You guys are too much.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast