Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Letroy Guion????

"singersp" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Once again Spielman "screws the pooch".

OL being our weakest link going into this years draft & they fail to select any O-Lineman. WTF is up with that. 2 years in a row now & they haven't added any talent since Hutchinson, with the exception of trainging camp fodder that they brought on after the draft was over.

Apparently, the front office is not worried about our QB's having to pick their dimply buttocks off the turf 38 times a season.

So much for their big Philosophy of "It all starts up on the front O-line"
    I wouldn't say he screwed the pooch, I think we are choosing the BPA. Plus we have decent depth at Offesive Line according to the guys running the show. There obviously not as worried about it as some of the fans. G Brian Daniels, T Chase Johnson C Dan Mozes and T/G Marcus Johnson are all young backups who have been in the system.

Also keep in mind the draft is not over, we may some guys taken here in the sixth if not possibly some undrated guys they like, maybe the Tackle position is that deep.

I blelieve the phylophy is still strong, we spend alot of money on the oline. Not only that but look what we have did for the D Line in getting Jared Allen and now a young DT in Letroy. It starts in the trenches.
    We have plenty of depth on D-Line. O-Line is where it's lacking. Of those 4 guys you mentioned, only one of them, Marcus Johnson, has seen any playing time. The rest were draft leavings who went unsigned & haven't shown slick willy on the field. Also IMO, M. Johnson isn't that good at all. He's already proven that by being replaced as a starter more than once.

It's kind of hard to throw to your receivers when you're on your jiggly butt. Everyone likes to blame T-Jack for that, but our line is still quite porous & that is what should be addressed.

Fix that & T-Jack or any other Vikings QB will do far better.
    I see they just picked a C for ya.
    (Smiley face)

Comeon.
    Do you really think that if they staff felt as if we needed as much help on the OL (and backups) they wouldn't have addressed it someway?

I do.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

huxx is offline Pro-Bowler

Comeon.
    Do you really think that if they staff felt as if we needed as much help on the OL (and backups) they wouldn't have addressed it someway?

I do.
    [/quote]

I agree and I hope you're right...considering our position on the board round for round we made some quality picks without giving up a lot.

BradTheMan14 is offline Starter

this is a good pick. good thing we are getting phat pats replacement while pat can still move.
    Q: At your age, can you handle a full season?
    A: I m 37, number one. I took my family to Perkins a couple of days ago, and they didn t hand me a senior citizens discount card, so I feel pretty good.
    (Brad Johnson at an interview before the start of the season)

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

OL being our weakest link going into this years draft & they fail to select any O-Lineman. WTF is up with that. 2 years in a row now & they haven't added any talent since Hutchinson, with the exception of trainging camp fodder that they brought on after the draft was over.

Apparently, the front office is not worried about our QB's having to pick their dimply buttocks off the turf 38 times a season.

I wouldn't say he screwed the pooch, I think we are choosing the BPA. Plus we have decent depth at Offesive Line according to the guys running the show. There obviously not as worried about it as some of the fans. G Brian Daniels, T Chase Johnson C Dan Mozes and T/G Marcus Johnson are all young backups who have been in the system.

Also keep in mind the draft is not over, we may some guys taken here in the sixth if not possibly some undrated guys they like, maybe the Tackle position is that deep.

I blelieve the phylophy is still strong, we spend alot of money on the oline. Not only that but look what we have did for the D Line in getting Jared Allen and now a young DT in Letroy. It starts in the trenches.
    We have plenty of depth on D-Line. O-Line is where it's lacking. Of those 4 guys you mentioned, only one of them, Marcus Johnson, has seen any playing time. The rest were draft leavings who went unsigned & haven't shown slick willy on the field. Also IMO, M. Johnson isn't that good at all. He's already proven that by being replaced as a starter more than once.

It's kind of hard to throw to your receivers when you're on your jiggly butt. Everyone likes to blame T-Jack for that, but our line is still quite porous & that is what should be addressed.

(Smiley face)

Comeon.

I do.
    I have to agree with Singer on this one.
    We desparately need help on the OL and the only thing that was addressed was a Center (albeit a good pick up IMO).
    The right side of the line is not yet solidified.
    We may have players in pace to play there but they have not yet shown they can be quality players yet.
    Cook, Hicks, Herrera, throw in McKinnie becasue we do not know his status.
    I like Johnson and we'll see about Booty.
    Letroy Guoin leaves a little to the imagination to say the least.

Don't get me wrong I like all of the off season moves but late in the draft the philosophy of take wha tyou think is the BPA makes no sense when you have a need.
    I guess tha is why I'm on the computer instead of being in the front office.
    Hopefully it will all work out.
    I think the Vikings have a great team none-the-less and I look forward to a great season.

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

I also agree with Singer here; we have done little to nothing to help the Oline.
    With a suspension looming for McKinnie and Birk getting worse with age, the only thing we did was draft a C that wasn't even the best one on the board.
    Our tackle position is frightening.
    Overrated BMac on one side, and shaky but improving Cook on the other w/ no-name/busts backing them up.
    I'm not comfortable with that at all.
    Hope we have our eye on another UDFA OT gem :
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"ejmat" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

(Smiley face)

Comeon.

I do.
    I have to agree with Singer on this one.
    We desparately need help on the OL and the only thing that was addressed was a Center (albeit a good pick up IMO).
    The right side of the line is not yet solidified.
    We may have players in pace to play there but they have not yet shown they can be quality players yet.
    Cook, Hicks, Herrera, throw in McKinnie becasue we do not know his status.
    I like Johnson and we'll see about Booty.
    Letroy Guoin leaves a little to the imagination to say the least.

Don't get me wrong I like all of the off season moves but late in the draft the philosophy of take wha tyou think is the BPA makes no sense when you have a need.
    I guess tha is why I'm on the computer instead of being in the front office.
    Hopefully it will all work out.
    I think the Vikings have a great team none-the-less and I look forward to a great season.
    I think we all expected a OT taken somewhere but if we feel we have an issue there we can get a couple Undrafted, there's always some guys out there. One thing I like about our new center is his capability to play gaurd which is definitly nice because we can keep Mozes if we like him.

I love the BPA, in the long run this makes the most sense. If we did draft a Tackle it would have been a guy in late rounds, I feel very comfortable with get Tyrell Johnson. If McKinnie gets suspended we are better off with a guy that has experience, we are facing some difficult DE's early in the year. Wether that guy is Chase Johnson, Artis Hicks or maybe a future FA.

I think many of use felt that S and QB were needs and we moved up to get those guys because they were high on the board. I was also pleased with a developmental guy at DT, lots of upside. The WR could be our future punt returner. I think we did a nice job at feeling needs without reaching.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

"singersp" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

We have plenty of depth on D-Line. O-Line is where it's lacking. Of those 4 guys you mentioned, only one of them, Marcus Johnson, has seen any playing time. The rest were draft leavings who went unsigned & haven't shown dick on the field. Also IMO, M. Johnson isn't that good at all. He's already proven that by being replaced as a starter more than once.

It's kind of hard to throw to your receivers when you're on your ass. Everyone likes to blame T-Jack for that, but our line is still quite porous & that is what should be addressed.

"singersp" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    please stop with the BPA stuff..that doesnt always apply to teams picking past the top 5-8..last year was a BPA year, since we had a high enough pick..BPA applies to cant miss players, and there arent any of those that will be around at 17..weve got to take a guy that fits a need the best
    There are few "can't miss players" in the history of the NFL, when it comes to the draft. There have been several "can't miss players" who were busts or mediocre in the NFL.

Many of the great players have come from later rounds or weren't even drafted.
    "singersp" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "VikesFan4Life" wrote:
    BPA, as always.
    Hell ya, BPA!

We did it least year and hit the jackpot!
    Yeppers!

"singersp" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    ...This is the first draft since 1992 that the Vikings don’t have a selection in the first round. But Scott Studwell, director of college scouting, said that fact ”really didn’t affect our board at all.”

Studwell added: “We spent a considerable amount of time with what we thought were going to be the top 17 picks, obviously, like we do every year. But it didn’t change the order of our board from the best to the worst pick. And it really didn’t impact the way we were going to address the second round. We’re going to address it the same way we do every year. You’ve heard it. You’ve heard it before. We’re going to try and take the best player, and if it fits a need for our team, than so be it.”
    ...and this is exactly why so many of the discussion of 'who will they pick' are so ludicrous.
    This has been said many times by the Vikings front office.
    Yep! Exactly. Ergo the Vikies will take the BPA as I've said more than once here.
    If your were expecting more for the oline why all the BPA

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

http://ww3.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=1550

Guion, who admitted he was so excited he could hardly speak, said he came out because of family issues.

“If I had stayed probably one more year, I probably would have come out much higher than I came out,” he said. “But I wouldn’t take it back for nothing. I got picked by the Minnesota Vikings. I’m not going to look back on it and I’m not going to regret nothing.”

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"vikinggreg" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

We have plenty of depth on D-Line. O-Line is where it's lacking. Of those 4 guys you mentioned, only one of them, Marcus Johnson, has seen any playing time. The rest were draft leavings who went unsigned & haven't shown dick on the field. Also IMO, M. Johnson isn't that good at all. He's already proven that by being replaced as a starter more than once.

It's kind of hard to throw to your receivers when you're on your ass. Everyone likes to blame T-Jack for that, but our line is still quite porous & that is what should be addressed.

"singersp" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    please stop with the BPA stuff..that doesnt always apply to teams picking past the top 5-8..last year was a BPA year, since we had a high enough pick..BPA applies to cant miss players, and there arent any of those that will be around at 17..weve got to take a guy that fits a need the best
    There are few "can't miss players" in the history of the NFL, when it comes to the draft. There have been several "can't miss players" who were busts or mediocre in the NFL.

Many of the great players have come from later rounds or weren't even drafted.
    "singersp" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "VikesFan4Life" wrote:
    BPA, as always.
    Hell ya, BPA!

We did it least year and hit the jackpot!
    Yeppers!

"singersp" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    ...This is the first draft since 1992 that the Vikings don’t have a selection in the first round. But Scott Studwell, director of college scouting, said that fact ”really didn’t affect our board at all.”

Studwell added: “We spent a considerable amount of time with what we thought were going to be the top 17 picks, obviously, like we do every year. But it didn’t change the order of our board from the best to the worst pick. And it really didn’t impact the way we were going to address the second round. We’re going to address it the same way we do every year. You’ve heard it. You’ve heard it before. We’re going to try and take the best player, and if it fits a need for our team, than so be it.”
    ...and this is exactly why so many of the discussion of 'who will they pick' are so ludicrous.
    This has been said many times by the Vikings front office.
    Yep! Exactly. Ergo the Vikies will take the BPA as I've said more than once here.
    If your were expecting more for the oline why all the BPA
    I was hoping that the F.O. would be addressing the O-Line situation, but what I'd like them to do & what they actually do are two different things.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

Singer....you mean your not in charge of the front office??

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast