Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Letroy Guion????

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "vikings11_27" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    [quote author=singersp link=topic=44471.msg770073#msg770073 date=1209323510]
    Once again Spielman "screws the pooch".

OL being our weakest link going into this years draft & they fail to select any O-Lineman. WTF is up with that. 2 years in a row now & they haven't added any talent since Hutchinson, with the exception of trainging camp fodder that they brought on after the draft was over.

Apparently, the front office is not worried about our QB's having to pick their dimply buttocks off the turf 38 times a season.

So much for their big Philosophy of "It all starts up on the front O-line"
    I wouldn't say he screwed the pooch, I think we are choosing the BPA. Plus we have decent depth at Offesive Line according to the guys running the show. There obviously not as worried about it as some of the fans. G Brian Daniels, T Chase Johnson C Dan Mozes and T/G Marcus Johnson are all young backups who have been in the system.

Also keep in mind the draft is not over, we may some guys taken here in the sixth if not possibly some undrated guys they like, maybe the Tackle position is that deep.

I blelieve the phylophy is still strong, we spend alot of money on the oline. Not only that but look what we have did for the D Line in getting Jared Allen and now a young DT in Letroy. It starts in the trenches.
    We have plenty of depth on D-Line. O-Line is where it's lacking. Of those 4 guys you mentioned, only one of them, Marcus Johnson, has seen any playing time. The rest were draft leavings who went unsigned & haven't shown slick willy on the field. Also IMO, M. Johnson isn't that good at all. He's already proven that by being replaced as a starter more than once.
    And a rookie we draft has seen how much time?
    None. But what it gives you is options at who your backups are rather than this is who your stuck with. They could all pan out, they could all be busts or any combination there in, but I'd sure as hell hate to find out during mid-season if Birk goes down that Mozes is a bust & you have no one else on your roster at all.

The same is true for any depth position on the O-Line. So far as proven goes, Hicks is the best backup we have.

Not a pretty picture IMO.
    I wouldn't say we are stuck with those players, those are guys we picked up and obviously we are comfortable with them. All the guys we have as backups, especailly the Childress era guys all had great college carears, thats what we do know. We also know that there is no panic to try'n bring in young Oline to compete with the guys we already have, our staff feels comfortable with those guys. They are all developing mentally and physically, they have also been in the sytem for some time. Continuity is important but If a guy is on the board we will take him. Unlike yourslef I'm not in panic mode, our staff knows what they are doing.
    [/quote]

They also felt comfortable with going into the season with T-Will last year. Need I say more?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"vikings11_27" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "vikings11_27" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:

OL being our weakest link going into this years draft & they fail to select any O-Lineman. WTF is up with that. 2 years in a row now & they haven't added any talent since Hutchinson, with the exception of trainging camp fodder that they brought on after the draft was over.

Apparently, the front office is not worried about our QB's having to pick their dimply buttocks off the turf 38 times a season.

I wouldn't say he screwed the pooch, I think we are choosing the BPA. Plus we have decent depth at Offesive Line according to the guys running the show. There obviously not as worried about it as some of the fans. G Brian Daniels, T Chase Johnson C Dan Mozes and T/G Marcus Johnson are all young backups who have been in the system.

Also keep in mind the draft is not over, we may some guys taken here in the sixth if not possibly some undrated guys they like, maybe the Tackle position is that deep.

I blelieve the phylophy is still strong, we spend alot of money on the oline. Not only that but look what we have did for the D Line in getting Jared Allen and now a young DT in Letroy. It starts in the trenches.
    We have plenty of depth on D-Line. O-Line is where it's lacking. Of those 4 guys you mentioned, only one of them, Marcus Johnson, has seen any playing time. The rest were draft leavings who went unsigned & haven't shown slick willy on the field. Also IMO, M. Johnson isn't that good at all. He's already proven that by being replaced as a starter more than once.
    None. But what it gives you is options at who your backups are rather than this is who your stuck with. They could all pan out, they could all be busts or any combination there in, but I'd sure as hell hate to find out during mid-season if Birk goes down that Mozes is a bust & you have no one else on your roster at all.

The same is true for any depth position on the O-Line. So far as proven goes, Hicks is the best backup we have.

Herrera and Cook both have played center. I am pretty sure that the people whose whole life is to manage the team know whether or not we need a player or not.
    [/quote]

You might want to ask the Dolphins how they feel about Spielman. Look at where their franchise is.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

vikings11_27 is offline Pro-Bowler

"singersp" wrote:
    "vikings11_27" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "vikings11_27" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [quote author=VikingsTw link=topic=44471.msg770086#msg770086 date=1209323902]

Herrera and Cook both have played center. I am pretty sure that the people whose whole life is to manage the team know whether or not we need a player or not.
    [/quote]

You might want to ask the Dolphins how they feel about Spielman. Look at where their franchise is.
    [/quote]
    so they should listen to you because......?

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"singersp" wrote:

Apparently, the front office is not worried about our QB's having to pick their asses off the turf 38 times a season.

Preach on

jonnyb is offline Rookie

I think speilman has done a hell of a job for the Vikings, regardless of his past with the dolphins.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"vikings11_27" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "vikings11_27" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "vikings11_27" wrote:
    [quote author=singersp link=topic=44471.msg770096#msg770096 date=1209324260]

[/quote]

[/quote]
    [/quote]

Because he is right

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

"singersp" wrote:
    "vikings11_27" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "vikings11_27" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Would you have rather passed on Allen, keep the picks and gone for Olinemen this year or passed on Peterson last year and picked a QB or WR to replace TJack or TWill.
    What are you willing to give up that we got on the high end to get high end replacements your looking for?

vikings11_27 is offline Pro-Bowler

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "vikings11_27" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "vikings11_27" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [quote author=vikings11_27 link=topic=44471.msg770098#msg770098 date=1209324391]
    [quote author=singersp link=topic=44471.msg770096#msg770096 date=1209324260]

[/quote]

[/quote]
    [/quote]

Because he is right
    [/quote]
    wow..that's a convincing arguement..i'm sold :

VIPER420 is offline Rookie

"VIPER420" wrote:
    we have 2 picks left. both will be o-line.

21 (187) Minnesota Vikings (From Buccaneers through Chiefs) Sullivan, John C 6'4" 301 Notre Dame

theres one. now one more.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "vikings11_27" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

I wouldn't say we are stuck with those players, those are guys we picked up and obviously we are comfortable with them. All the guys we have as backups, especailly the Childress era guys all had great college carears, thats what we do know. We also know that there is no panic to try'n bring in young Oline to compete with the guys we already have, our staff feels comfortable with those guys. They are all developing mentally and physically, they have also been in the sytem for some time. Continuity is important but If a guy is on the board we will take him. Unlike yourslef I'm not in panic mode, our staff knows what they are doing.
    [/quote]

They also felt comfortable with going into the season with T-Will last year. Need I say more?
    [/quote]

This is a complete Dumb@ss comment. I'll tell you why. Troy Williamson showed promise of becoming a WR that could possibly be a starter, he had no problem getting open or running the routes asked of him, he was also commited to working hard on his catching. Granted things did not work out and we got to bottom of his problems(choker) we were not about to the cut the #7 overall pick with the potential to become a good player. Usually it will take three years to get to the truth in a player. Three years is what it took and and now he is gone. Living in past with silly comments like this to backup a debate is garbage.

Also keep in mind Troy Williamson was not drafted in the Childress era, he was drafted by the Genious in Tice, a guy who was known to reach dramitically for players, he also disgarded off the field issues when drafting players.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast