Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Letroy Guion????

I would have like to have the opp to pick up LAWS (a local guy) but this is OK.
    Just another guy to possibly take over after PW retires.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

i think it was kevoncox who was razzing my pick to get a DT in the draft, as well as others.
    shows what they know.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"mountainviking" wrote:
    Seems to be the risk/reward type.
    Looks pretty athletic on the combine video.
    I'm betting they've already talked to him about his "attitude."
    Hopefully, playing with the likes of Allen and the Williams will help too.
    If he doesn't impress, he could be a practice squad guy.
    DT depth is definitley something I wanted to address.
    Now, with Kendrick Allen and Wyms and Evens, we should be able to count on at least one of these guys to step up in Spencer Johnson's loss...and, hopefully, provide some pressure in the middle.

I've got to wonder if they wanted Okam, who went to the pick just before us.
    The trade info:

We swapped our 4th for Philly's 5th, to move up in the 2nd...thus the extra 5.

And, looks like the Packers only took our 7th to swap with us on the Booty pick.
    I was kinda thinking the same thing but Okam is noted for his lack luster effort and inconsistent motor. Big guy with alot of talent but I think Letroy has more upside, a better motor and work ethic.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Once again Spielman "screws the pooch".

OL being our weakest link going into this years draft & they fail to select any O-Lineman. WTF is up with that. 2 years in a row now & they haven't added any talent since Hutchinson, with the exception of trainging camp fodder that they brought on after the draft was over.

Apparently, the front office is not worried about our QB's having to pick their dimply buttocks off the turf 38 times a season.

So much for their big Philosophy of "It all starts up on the front O-line"
    I wouldn't say he screwed the pooch, I think we are choosing the BPA. Plus we have decent depth at Offesive Line according to the guys running the show. There obviously not as worried about it as some of the fans. G Brian Daniels, T Chase Johnson C Dan Mozes and T/G Marcus Johnson are all young backups who have been in the system.

Also keep in mind the draft is not over, we may some guys taken here in the sixth if not possibly some undrated guys they like, maybe the Tackle position is that deep.

I blelieve the phylophy is still strong, we spend alot of money on the oline. Not only that but look what we have did for the D Line in getting Jared Allen and now a young DT in Letroy. It starts in the trenches.
    We have plenty of depth on D-Line. O-Line is where it's lacking. Of those 4 guys you mentioned, only one of them, Marcus Johnson, has seen any playing time. The rest were draft leavings who went unsigned & haven't shown dick on the field. Also IMO, M. Johnson isn't that good at all. He's already proven that by being replaced as a starter more than once.

It's kind of hard to throw to your receivers when you're on your ass. Everyone likes to blame T-Jack for that, but our line is still quite porous & that is what should be addressed.

Fix that & T-Jack or any other Vikings QB will do far better.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

OL being our weakest link going into this years draft & they fail to select any O-Lineman. WTF is up with that. 2 years in a row now & they haven't added any talent since Hutchinson, with the exception of trainging camp fodder that they brought on after the draft was over.

Apparently, the front office is not worried about our QB's having to pick their dimply buttocks off the turf 38 times a season.

I wouldn't say he screwed the pooch, I think we are choosing the BPA. Plus we have decent depth at Offesive Line according to the guys running the show. There obviously not as worried about it as some of the fans. G Brian Daniels, T Chase Johnson C Dan Mozes and T/G Marcus Johnson are all young backups who have been in the system.

Also keep in mind the draft is not over, we may some guys taken here in the sixth if not possibly some undrated guys they like, maybe the Tackle position is that deep.

I blelieve the phylophy is still strong, we spend alot of money on the oline. Not only that but look what we have did for the D Line in getting Jared Allen and now a young DT in Letroy. It starts in the trenches.
    We have plenty of depth on D-Line. O-Line is where it's lacking. Of those 4 guys you mentioned, only one of them, Marcus Johnson, has seen any playing time. The rest were draft leavings who went unsigned & haven't shown dick on the field. Also IMO, M. Johnson isn't that good at all. He's already proven that by being replaced as a starter more than once.
    The fact that Johnson was replaced by Cook should tell you how good Johnson is.

vikings11_27 is offline Pro-Bowler

"singersp" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

We have plenty of depth on D-Line. O-Line is where it's lacking. Of those 4 guys you mentioned, only one of them, Marcus Johnson, has seen any playing time. The rest were draft leavings who went unsigned & haven't shown slick willy on the field. Also IMO, M. Johnson isn't that good at all. He's already proven that by being replaced as a starter more than once.
    And a rookie we draft has seen how much time?

litlharsh is offline Coordinator

I would've been so pumped for Nicks but I'm fine with this pick. People had us taking nicks in the 2nd. We got excellent value with Booty though.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"vikings11_27" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

We have plenty of depth on D-Line. O-Line is where it's lacking. Of those 4 guys you mentioned, only one of them, Marcus Johnson, has seen any playing time. The rest were draft leavings who went unsigned & haven't shown slick willy on the field. Also IMO, M. Johnson isn't that good at all. He's already proven that by being replaced as a starter more than once.
    None. But what it gives you is options at who your backups are rather than this is who your stuck with. They could all pan out, they could all be busts or any combination there in, but I'd sure as hell hate to find out during mid-season if Birk goes down that Mozes is a bust & you have no one else on your roster at all.

The same is true for any depth position on the O-Line. So far as proven goes, Hicks is the best backup we have.

Not a pretty picture IMO.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

vikings11_27 is offline Pro-Bowler

"singersp" wrote:
    "vikings11_27" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

None. But what it gives you is options at who your backups are rather than this is who your stuck with. They could all pan out, they could all be busts or any combination there in, but I'd sure as hell hate to find out during mid-season if Birk goes down that Mozes is a bust & you have no one else on your roster at all.

The same is true for any depth position on the O-Line. So far as proven goes, Hicks is the best backup we have.

Herrera and Cook both have played center. I am pretty sure that the people whose whole life is to manage the team know whether or not we need a player or not.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "vikings11_27" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

I wouldn't say we are stuck with those players, those are guys we picked up and obviously we are comfortable with them. All the guys we have as backups, especailly the Childress era guys all had great college carears, thats what we do know. We also know that there is no panic to try'n bring in young Oline to compete with the guys we already have, our staff feels comfortable with those guys. They are all developing mentally and physically, they have also been in the sytem for some time. Continuity is important but If a guy is on the board we will take him. Unlike yourslef I'm not in panic mode, our staff knows what they are doing.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast