huxx is offline Pro-Bowler

Letroy Guion????

What???

I missed this.
    How did we get this DT?

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Letroy Guion

from the draft tracker page
    http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/player?id=12216&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2 f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfldraft%2fdraft%2ftrack er%2fplayer%3fid%3d12216

Overall: Guion started in one of the ten games he appeared in during his true freshman season in 2005. In 2006, Guion started five of the 12 games he appeared in recording 25 tackles including four tackles-for-loss. Guion started in eight of the 12 games he appeared in during the 2007 season recording 31 total tackles including 17 unassisted tackles and 6.5 tackles-for-loss. He also recorded one sack and recovered two fumbles last year. Guion is raw and inconsistent but he flashes enormous potential and he's quick, strong, determined and athletic enough to develop into a valuable NFL starter if he continues to refine his technique and improve his instincts. He projects as a late first-day pick.

*edit*

Sorry for the 25 seconds late on the post I took the time to find info and a link on him before I posted
    ???

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Letroy Guion????

I actually like this pick as well.

A bit light in the loafers but the book says he can add about 10-20 lbs with no problem.

He would have been a 2nd round pick next year if he didn't have a issue with being caught cheating on exams or something like that.
    Probably why he slid this far as he was projected as a 3rd or 4th round pick this year.

A project that needs work but has some nice upside IMHO.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Overview
    http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/letroy-guion?id=1720

After starting just 14 games during his three years with the Seminoles, it was a great surprise to FSU coaches when Guion announced after the Motor City Bowl that he would bypass his senior season and declare for the 2008 NFL Draft. He was part of the school's academic cheating scandal that saw 36 football players ruled ineligible for postseason action. With just 66 tackles to his credit over 32 games, his resume does not give professional teams much to base their evaluation on.

Considering his pedestrian performance at the NFL Combine, Guion might have been better served returning to school in 2008. If he had returned to the team, he was expected to fill the leadership void on the defensive front seven caused by the graduation of fellow defensive tackle Andre Fluellen.

huxx is offline Pro-Bowler

Did we make another trade to get him, or did I overlook this pick?
    It says on nfl.com that it was through the Eagles.

I hope we've got a plan for O line depth

"Marrdro" wrote:

A bit light in the loafers but the book says he can add about 10-20 lbs with no problem.

He would have been a 2nd round pick next year if he didn't have a issue with being caught cheating on exams or something like that.
    Probably why he slid this far as he was projected as a 3rd or 4th round pick this year.

So what if he is gay? ;D

duvaldomo is offline Coach

"Marrdro" wrote:

Nice take on him. I was worried about it but that made me feel better. I love that we picked a DT for Pat backup but thought we took him too early

mark is offline Asst. Coach

"huxx" wrote:
    What???

I missed this.
    How did we get this DT?
    im pretty sure they drafted him
    <!--
    sig -->

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Do not like this pick as much as Johnson, but he should add to the team. Pat is already year older and probably cannot go as much as he did last year. Maybe if he puts on some weight, he can play guard...
    We're bringing purple back.

duvaldomo is offline Coach

I would rather have carl nicks but this is a good pick

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast