Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Leonard Davis anyone?

LD would make a great addition to the RT and once they figure out that Marcus Johnson needs to move back to RG where he WILL thrive, we will have a solid line. Cook Will be a solid Back at RT and center but I think he will project out to Tackle eventually. Depth is a concern as Herrera for some reason just disappeaed, and Hicks I think would be a very solid back up a the G and T positions

"THEBIGDADDY" wrote:
    LD would make a great addition to the RT and once they figure out that Marcus Johnson needs to move back to RG where he WILL thrive, we will have a solid line. Cook Will be a solid Back at RT and center but I think he will project out to Tackle eventually. Depth is a concern as Herrera for some reason just disappeaed, and Hicks I think would be a very solid back up a the G and T positions
    I agree. They need to move Marcus to G. He would dominate once there. Always wondered why they had him playing tackle. But I really hope they do pick up either Starks or Davis. What's one mans trash is another mans treasure.
    Go Big Or Go Home!!!

laujesse is offline Starter

"sp0njah4Life" wrote:
    "THEBIGDADDY" wrote:
    I agree. They need to move Marcus to G. He would dominate once there. Always wondered why they had him playing tackle. But I really hope they do pick up either Starks or Davis. What's one mans trash is another mans treasure.
    Am I the only one who remembers Marcus Johnson getting his helmet shoved into culpeppers knees on every play when he was a gaurd.

Leneord Davis will not cost $11 Million dollars a year. It would cost the Cardnals that as he does not want to sign with them and it would cost them $11 mil to franchise him.
    For a player with his tallent he will be practically free for who he signs with.

Someone said last page (think it was Zeus) "you dont want to pay big money for your right gaurd."

I do! Remember what happened when the packers let their two all pro gaurds go in FA because they dont want to pay big money for a guard. They became the worst team in the NFL.

If we get L. Davis we can then look like idiots in 2 years for not resigning Ciatrick Fason after he goes over 2500 yards. (Yes I am taking into account that Fason is mediorce at best.)

skillz! > you = Leonard Davis
    Tom Powers < Hetero

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"laujesse" wrote:
    Someone said last page (think it was Zeus) "you dont want to pay big money for your right gaurd."

I do! Remember what happened when the packers let their two all pro gaurds go in FA because they dont want to pay big money for a guard. They became the worst team in the NFL.
    I also remember that the Packers suffered their pain, drafted and played rookies, taught them well and by the end of last season (a season where they beat the Vikings twice) their O-Line was playing rather well.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

This was 2 years ago when they left...

They have been the worst team in football for 2 years. The end of this year is the first time they even started to look mediocre, not good.

Just because they looked better than the right side of our line that singlehandedly put Aaron Kampman's sorry a$$ into the Pro Bowl does not mean that they were good.
    Tom Powers < Hetero

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"laujesse" wrote:
    This was 2 years ago when they left...

They have been the worst team in football for 2 years. The end of this year is the first time they even started to look mediocre, not good.

Just because they looked better than the right side of our line that singlehandedly put Aaron Kampman's sorry a$$ into the Pro Bowl does not mean that they were good.
    Don't let your anti-Packer Vikingness cloud your memory.
    Both the Raiders and the Lions have been far worse than the Packers in the last 2 years.

And none of that has anything to do with paying ridiculous money to a RG.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Getting a bit off track...

L. Davis will cost less than Big Mac or Hutch and he has more talent than either of them. He and Daniel Graham, and Kris Dielman are the values of this class. He would be a great player if we can get him for $7 mil a year or under.

Now to get back off track...

The Packers colapse began and ended with them letting thier gaurds go in FA (still two of the best pulling gaurds in the league mind you). I hate Farvre... That being said he is the ONLY reason that team won any game through this stretch and was in every game. He is also the reason they can lose to anyone at anytime.

Farve big INT increase is also directly linked to his gaurds leaving.
    Tom Powers < Hetero

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12