Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Leonard Davis anyone?

What does everybody think about signing Leonard Davis to be our right tackle or guard? Seems like a good idea to me since the left side of our line is set...and the right side leaves something to be desired....this would be a big (literally and figuratively) addition to our line to make it one of the best in the league i think.

laujesse is offline Starter

Re: Leonard Davis anyone?

Hell Yeah.

He is the last immovable force left in the game.

You dont get the chance to get players with his freekshow ability very often. Usually you have to be at the top of the draft at the right year. I think he has a bad rap. I watch the Cardnals line and it is an embarrasement to the sport, but I watch him and they run away from him or get run over.

Him with our boys would put Chester Taylor or whoever we hand the ball to into the HOF.
    Tom Powers < Hetero

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

He is definately big enough at 6-6/365.
    That line was pretty bad last year.
    For as much help as they need I guess the only reason they won't franchise him/sign him is the price http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2769535 of around $11 mill.

Wonder if that fits into the triangles spending limits?
    They did spend alot on the line lately
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"defensiveplaymaker1" wrote:
    What does everybody think about signing Leonard Davis to be our right tackle or guard? Seems like a good idea to me since the left side of our line is set...and the right side leaves something to be desired....this would be a big (literally and figuratively) addition to our line to make it one of the best in the league i think.
    We have a LT of the future - his name is Ryan Cook.

As for RG, according to The Recently Departed, RG is the easiest position in football.
    You certainly wouldn't want to pay huge money to a RG.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

If the Vikes did get Davis I would move McKinney to right tackle, Cook to right guard, release Hicks and have Davis play LT and maybe our QB wouldn't be blindsided 2 or 3 times a game.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

I would LOVE to see him on our OL...but he is probably gonna be too expensive!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

davike is offline Team Alumni

"Zeus" wrote:

As for RG, according to The Recently Departed, RG is the easiest position in football.

=Z=
    wasn't Cook supposed to be Birks successor? and also im thinking you must mean RT. but i wouldn't mind having Davis, he is older isn't he? so i don't think anything would be long term.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"davike" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:

=Z=
    wasn't Cook supposed to be Birks successor? and also im thinking you must mean RT. but i wouldn't mind having Davis, he is older isn't he? so i don't think anything would be long term.
    Yeah, I meant RT.

Cook is, by conventional wisdom, too tall to play center in the NFL.
    By the end of last season, he was getting significant playing time at RT, and doing pretty well, by the accounts I read and heard.

My choice is always to develop from within, if possible.
    The 100-million-dollar line didn't gel very well last year with the new guards.
    If Cook can play, I'd rather keep the continuity going.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

I wouldn't mind seeing him as a RT. That would be sweet. But if we could get him I would still keep McKinnie at LT and have Davis play right. Either that or get Starks in free agency. That guy is a dominating RT.
    Go Big Or Go Home!!!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"sp0njah4Life" wrote:
    I wouldn't mind seeing him as a RT. That would be sweet. But if we could get him I would still keep McKinnie at LT and have Davis play right. Either that or get Starks in free agency. That guy is a dominating RT.
    Starks would be great as well at RT...and maybe just a little bit less expensive.
    Of course, I would love to see Cook pan out as well...it would be cheaper for us...and would (somewhat) vindicate picking him over Marcus McNeill.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast