Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Re: Lendale White...

"Paulbedy59" wrote:
    I would take White over Maroney in a heartbeat! I dont want us to draft the local kid just for that fact.

I'm pretty sure that if we draft Maroney, it will be for reasons other then him being local. :grin: The guy is more proven then white is. Fact is we need that pounder at RB. That guy that can carry the ball 25-30 times a game and not wear down. Maroney has done this in his career, whereas White has yet to show he can do it. White may well be able to do that, but Maroney has shown he can be an absolute workhorse. I also think with all the weapons white had around him at USC, it was easier for him then it was for maroney. Although both teams had great O-lines, the gophers didn't have any other threats, like USC did with lienart, bush, garrett, steve smith and the gang.

I like both RB's, but would defintely take Maroney over White.

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "Paulbedy59" wrote:
    I would take White over Maroney in a heartbeat! I dont want us to draft the local kid just for that fact.

I'm pretty sure that if we draft Maroney, it will be for reasons other then him being local. :grin: The guy is more proven then white is. Fact is we need that pounder at RB. That guy that can carry the ball 25-30 times a game and not wear down. Maroney has done this in his career, whereas White has yet to show he can do it. White may well be able to do that, but Maroney has shown he can be an absolute workhorse. I also think with all the weapons white had around him at USC, it was easier for him then it was for maroney. Although both teams had great O-lines, the gophers didn't have any other threats, like USC did with lienart, bush, garrett, steve smith and the gang.

Put well, don't forget Maroney is fast and fits better in a west coast system.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Can't forget Maroneys vision.. People say he shys away from contact.. Maybe he will take more since he will be making money for it!

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

I think either White or Maroney will fit well into a WCO.

MrGopher16 is offline Hall of Famer

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "Paulbedy59" wrote:

great points!
    ;-)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567