Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Lendale White...

From ESPN.com

Southern Cal might be losing both its Thunder and its Lightning.

Running back LenDale White will declare for the NFL draft on Wednesday, a person close to White told ESPN's Joe Schad on Tuesday night. White was expected to make the announcement during an interview on ESPNEWS.

White, a 6-foot-2, 235-pound junior, could be the third major offensive weapon to leave USC for the NFL this year, following the departure of quarterback Matt Leinart. Heisman Trophy winner Reggie Bush has not officially declared his intention to enter the NFL Draft, but met with a prospective agent Monday.

White finished the 2005 season with 1,302 yards on 197 carries, including 124 yards on 20 carries in the Trojans' 41-38 Rose Bowl loss to Texas. In his three-year career, White had 541 carries for 3,159 yards.

In a west coast offense, Lendale White is the last guy we want. We need someone with decent speed to catch balls out of the backfield. White saw none of that with Bush being on the same depth chart.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Sorry but I have to go back to the Bennett thing. He has had ample opportunity to show us what he can do. Bottom line is he's a fast runner with talent. However, he doesn't find the holes enough to use his speed. He has the same OL as everyone else does. Everyone else makes positive yardage most of their runs. Bennett does not. He has worked with better OLs and he still didn't cut it. He dances too much. His patientce is what gets him in trouble. Unless he gets outside he goes no where. He has had a couple of good games here and there but when given the opportunity he has mostly stunk. I am not a hater. I like the guy as a person. I don't think he is the RB that will improve this offense. If I have to rate him against the other RBs we have, he would be last. Sorry, but he is not that good of a RB.

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

i agree but i dont know if lendell is the right pick nor is marooney i think we need to test the trade market for culpeper and try to get a low first round pick from someone like new york or oakland and try to grab deangalo wiiliams
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Well i'll never loose any sleep if bennett is not resigned but i think he's got potential, just hasn't had the opportunities.

If bennett would have never had a 13 hundred yard season i wouldn't be sticking up for him but since he is proven i believe he can do it again, with run blocking and the majority of the carries he could do it. He's healthy and strong, experienced.

If mewelde could stay healthy i wouldn't argue for bennett at all, Mewelde is a beast, if he could stay healthy i think he could rack up 1800 yards of total offense, but he's got to stay healthy. Cause once he gets going your not going to take him out of the game, but an injury will.

I just don't want to see us go spend an @ss load of money for a RB, when we got three capable one's very avalable for a good price, no overpaying for a RB, they get injured to much, they take to many hits. Spend the money on the oline where everything starts.

PurpleManiac is offline Pro-Bowler

vikingstw, I like what you think. Although I say we'd be fools to pass up on White if he's still there at 17 (highly unlikely) I wouldn't be all that mad...

Your point about Bennet is one that I've thought about too. He's improve, believe it or not. He's actually got toughness now, and an attidude when he runs. Before you'd see him try to dance his way out of a tackle, he did that for the majority of this season too but the last 5 games or so he was running back, breaking tackles on the way. He's gotten stronger and underrated as a pass blocker.....................

I know before I said I wouldn't want Bennet back as a starter, and I still stand by it but if we do I wouldn't die or cry about it. With a good O-line Bennet will be a beast. Besides, if Bennet fails again we will have Onterrio Smith (which I think we should give another chance to) and Mewelde....I also hope we draft an RB agian, one like Darious Walkers or Maurice Drews.....I think Fason will never be good enough to be an everydown back. He's got good explosion but he's clueless as to where the hole is, and he isn't as strong as he looks. Fason will strictly be a future Moe Williams- 3rd down back, goaline back, spell back etc.

I just don't know if this is the best way to go...I mean if we draft White and resign Bennet, give O. Smith another chance we'll be so stack at RB...someone's going to be very unhappy.

Thanks for the Sig LitlHarsh

I'm sure if we drafted white, i would eventually get used to it and in fact like the pic, i trust whatever the front office will do, untill then its a guessing game.

Don't count out fason cause i also think he could be dangerous with some blocking, supposobly from a report i read he's starting to lift serious weights. He said he was going for 220 by next training camp, cut muscle, he's gonna get big and he's gonna get strong. He said starting day one of the offseason he's goin in hard. I read a story on him from a viking update, i love the guy, i love his approach and he has great motivation from his personal life.

I love his approach, he knows he's small compared to what he can be, he got away with his size in college but he knows that this is the NFL. Time to buckle up.

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

Michael Bennett is such a joker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

A joker thats very wealthy and popular.

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

And an Olympic athlete.

Olympic. Not NFL. Olympic.