Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Lendale White...

I hope we don't keep Bennett. I would like to draft a beast at RB. The RBs we have now do not get any respect (hence, all the sacks). Yes MeMo shows great promise but he gets hurt too much and it effects his game. I like the guy and think he can do great if he stays healthy but until he proves he can I'd so go for a beast at RB. It won't hurt our passing game if we have a RB that defenses have to respect and not put 8 guys in the box. Then we can concentrate on a LB and OL. Our LB crew showed promise this year. EJ matured. DT still needs to mature but he is still mentorable with Cowart. We can pick up a new safety from FA. Our D line is set provided there are no injuries.

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

Source: USC's White to declare for NFL draft
    ESPN.com news services
    click this

Southern Cal might be losing both its Thunder and its Lightning.

Running back LenDale White will declare for the NFL draft on Wednesday, a person close to White told ESPN's Joe Schad on Tuesday night. White was expected to make the announcement during an interview on ESPNEWS.

White, a 6-foot-2, 235-pound junior, could be the third major offensive weapon to leave USC for the NFL this year, following the departure of quarterback Matt Leinart. Heisman Trophy winner Reggie Bush has not officially declared his intention to enter the NFL Draft, but met with a prospective agent Monday.

White finished the 2005 season with 1,302 yards on 197 carries, including 124 yards on 20 carries in the Trojans' 41-38 Rose Bowl loss to Texas. In his three-year career, White had 541 carries for 3,159 yards.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

I dont think White would be the choice of the coaching staff, i don't think he fits the mold, i've never seen him catch a pass. Its highly unlikely that we draft white then use him in our offense, no no no.

Think about it you have michael bennett at your finger tips, you got the oline rolling, everyone is healthy you got a new free agent, there gelling then you just throw white in the mix, no. Bennett is a better blocker, he's been in the league for like 4 years, he catches the ball very well and with valid blocking he can do more damage because of his speed, this is JMO of what could happen, i've seen what he can and can't do, bennett has gotten better since his Pro Bowl days and it will show with a nice oline. And if it doesn't, if we fix the oline and bennett trips over his own two feet everyplay i'll eat crow, but i dont think it will happen.

Regardless of weather we get white or not he won't be doing squat if we don't fix the oline, if he doesn't have the blocking he had in college all those years with one of the best offensive lines in the country, he's gonna get stuffed just like our RB's did all year long. Olines make RB's, thats why they come and go on great teams with great olines.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Just wondering what have you seen to make the statement "Bennett has gotten better since his pro bowl days"? No disrespect but I must be watching other football games. Not trying t obe rude but I don't get it.

He runs harder wether the haters want to believe it or not, i've seen every single one of bennett's games since he's been a viking. He's run a little more patient, he runs hard, he breaks some tackles, his trunks are huge they wern't like that when he was rook, he pass blocks way better, and believe it or not he's become more healthy, hopefully no more freak injuries. In the detriot games when we where able to block for him he did a great job, and was very explosive, soon as he seen the whole he was through it with explosion, it really caught me by shock, i was just happy we were opening up wholes for him.

Bottom line is could you see bennett fail with the type of Oline blocking that we once had? I don't, i see him getting into a rythme, new coaching staff, new looks, fresh start, great offensive mind as a coach. Regardless of it being him MM or Onterrio they should be fine and we don't need to draft a RB, what we need to do is choose the guy who will take almost all the snaps, one guy not three.

CynicalVike is offline Starter

Why are we even discussing White anyway? With all the media hype he has recieved, he won't be on the board when we come up at #17!

Most likely Maroney will still be there though, and thats great, IF the team decides to take a RB at that spot!
    I used to be indecisive, now I m not so sure!

You never know whats gonna happen dude, thats why we are discussing it, everyone has a different opinion on what the team should do or who they should draft.

I was a derrick johnson fan last year thinking he wouldn't have made it out of the top five, where did he land?

With the acception of guys like Reggie Bush and AJ Hawk you never know where a guy might slip to.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

White conference at 3:30 on ESPNews.

?????

IDK what it is about.

zzbudzz is offline Rookie

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    I agree with you to some extent. I do beleive we need to keep adding on to this defense and we do need some O-Line in the draft...but me, quite frankly I'm tired of these 3 backs. O-Smith just ticked me off with the countless times he has messed up...I lost respect for him. I gave bennett a strong chance going into this year, and he let us down again. MeMo is great, and shows so much potential...but in the end, he gets hurt to often. I for one am sick of these "ok" 2nd string at best backs. I want a bruiser, and a franchise back for the New Era. Lendale is a beast...a beast I want on this team.
    THANK YOU! i couldn't have said it any better! we need a big hard runner! NOT a RB that falls down at the first arm tackle.
    who picked the colors of piss and puke for thier team colors?.....ok i ll give ya one guess

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Bush news..... didn't know where else to put it, thought it would add to the convesation.

http://sports.excite.com/news/01112006/v0208.html

By JOHN NADEL

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Heisman Trophy winner Reggie Bush will announce Thursday whether he'll return to Southern California for his senior season or enter the NFL draft.

He has kept a low profile since USC lost to Texas 41-38 for the national championship in the Rose Bowl game Jan. 4. Underclassmen have until Sunday to apply for the April 29-30 draft.

Bush is to make his announcement in the morning on campus. He has been projected for months as the No. 1 overall pick, and it will be surprising if he returns to the Trojans.

Texas quarterback Vince Young inserted himself into the mix Sunday, declaring for the draft four days after his amazing performance in the Rose Bowl.

After winning his Heisman in 2004, USC's Matt Leinart decided to return to school for his final year of eligibility although he almost surely would have been one of the top players in the draft......... click on link for more.....

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast