Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Lendale White...

I just read on ESPN scrolling bar during sportscenter that Lendale White will annouce tommorow that he will infact enter the 2006 NFL Draft. Great news....pending FA...I'd love to land him. I've been on him for a couple months and his performance in the Rose Bowl really fully sold me on em.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Lendale White...

I dont know man, i seen him and he looked good but do we really need a RB with MB and Smith most likely returning. Then you got Mewelde, who do you sit? I dont think it necassary to draft a RB.

I think we should draft for defense 1st round, just keep at it, keep building it. Fix the offense through FA. No doubt drafting for OL depth later in the draft but keep putting first round talents on defense.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

I agree with you to some extent. I do beleive we need to keep adding on to this defense and we do need some O-Line in the draft...but me, quite frankly I'm tired of these 3 backs. O-Smith just ticked me off with the countless times he has messed up...I lost respect for him. I gave bennett a strong chance going into this year, and he let us down again. MeMo is great, and shows so much potential...but in the end, he gets hurt to often. I for one am sick of these "ok" 2nd string at best backs. I want a bruiser, and a franchise back for the New Era. Lendale is a beast...a beast I want on this team.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

MrGopher16 is offline Hall of Famer

No if all of these RB's are returning as Childress says, then it's unneccessary for us to draft one. Just a waste if he's a bust and still a waste if he's not cause we'll have so much money sitting on our bench.
    ;-)

CynicalVike is offline Starter

Larence Maroney would be a better pick up for the Vikings than White. He can catch and run and has shown great durability while playing at Minnesota by carrying the ball 40 times a game sometimes. Plus, he is a threat to break one off on any play.
    I used to be indecisive, now I m not so sure!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I want Maroney.. He is faster.. Pure Muscle.. And has excellent vision

PurpleManiac is offline Pro-Bowler

Maroney is not that big of a bruiser then you all think. He actually tends to shy away from contact at times, running out of bounds...but the scary part is that when I see him for for extra yards he always gets it...and he has one hell of a stiff arm!

I still prefer White who is built to be a bruising back....LenDale reminds me of a faster Jerome Bettis (not as big of course).

I have no idea why scouts are claiming Maroney will be a bust...maybe he has some flaws I don't know about. anyone a big U of M fan want to give their views?

Thanks for the Sig LitlHarsh

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

im sure childress will want to go with moore this year since he is the closest thing to brian westbrook that we have..i cant imagine him having an all down back because he never had one of those in philly..moore is a good pass catcher, and an okay rusher, and that is just what brian westbrook is, so i can see him sticking with moore for starters
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"olson_10" wrote:
    im sure childress will want to go with moore this year since he is the closest thing to brian westbrook that we have..i cant imagine him having an all down back because he never had one of those in philly..moore is a good pass catcher, and an okay rusher, and that is just what brian westbrook is, so i can see him sticking with moore for starters
    Childress didn't necessarily love Westbrook...he had to work with what he had there...he needs to get that FEATURE BACK if he wants to win it all...without a feature back, not many teams can do it!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

PurpleManiac is offline Pro-Bowler

If we go by this RB committee crap agian next year we might as well stick with Tice as HC...

Thanks for the Sig LitlHarsh

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast