Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
  1. #11
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Lelie to void contract with Atl, to become a UFA.

    Lelie was not an upgrade last year and he is not an upgrade now. I don't know what you guys are seeing but please continue to defend him as he continues to dissapoint. I do not want to make a move sideways, either the guy is better or we don't sign him.

    I still say no to Ashlee just like I did last year amidst the cries of fandom who annointed him the best available then he goes out and drops passes and manages a Travis Taylor season just like all his seasons with the exception of one.

    No more trash on the team please. We made the right choice last year and I assume we will make the right choice again.

  2. #12
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: Lelie to void contract with Atl, to become a UFA.

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    I am not a Lelie fan.


    But at the same time I am not blind to the fact that he would be an upgrade to our current WR roster.
    Yes, his average might have been lower over all, but last year he was on a team with a running back for a QB.
    That will hurt any WR's numbers.
    Take out last year and he averages 42 rec's for 751 yards (17.6 per) and 3 TDs.
    Significantly better than Taylor.

    There are also some other aspects in those stats that we need to consider.
    Out of Lelie's 196 career catches, 140 were for first down,
    That's 71.4%.
    Taylor has 311 catches, and only 191 for first downs (61.4%).


    Lelie averages 4 40+ yard receptions per year.
    Taylor averages 1.4 (with zero in the past two years).
    Lelie averages 11.8 20+ yard receptions.
    Taylor averages 7.5.

    The fact when looking at Lelie is he can stretch the field in a way that our offense absolutely cannot right now.
    Is he the best option for the Vikings?
    Considering how rough the Free Agent market is looking right now, maybe. Unfortunately his agent also know s that the market sucks, so he will be looking for a big payday.

    We will see what the front office decides to do.
    If they pass him over I won't lose any sleep.
    But if they end up acquiring him, it would be a step in the right direction.
    The Falcons were desperate for a WR this season, made the move for Lelie and he did NOTHING when thrust into the #1 slot.
    Vick cannot be blamed for all of that failure, although it's easy to do.

    Lelie had ONE marginally good season in Denver - and then talked himself off the roster with his whining and complaining.
    Acquiring this head case is a step in the wrong direction, IMHO.

    =Z=
    Maybe Lelie leaves, and Moss enters ATL?
    Seems like a risky place for Moss to go but if ATL is into taking risks, who knows.


  3. #13
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Lelie to void contract with Atl, to become a UFA.

    "Del" wrote:
    Lelie was not an upgrade last year and he is not an upgrade now. I don't know what you guys are seeing but please continue to defend him as he continues to dissapoint. I do not want to make a move sideways, either the guy is better or we don't sign him.

    I still say no to Ashlee just like I did last year amidst the cries of fandom who annointed him the best available then he goes out and drops passes and manages a Travis Taylor season just like all his seasons with the exception of one.

    No more trash on the team please. We made the right choice last year and I assume we will make the right choice again.
    I am not defending him in anyway (or at least not trying too ).
    I think he is adequate at best.
    I certainly don't think he is the great WR that he claims to be, and last year I agreed with you when you said he was not the right choice for the Vikings.

    Circumstances have, however, changed.
    Our WR corps is pretty much depleted.
    KoRO and MRob are both gone, and that leaves us with Taylor as our number 1, and even he might be gone.

    That means we are in desperate need for a WR, and unfortunately Lelie is the one of the best prospects in FA.
    If I had to choose between him and Taylor, I would choose Lelie because he is a hell of a better deep threat.

    I am certainly open to other ideas when it comes to patching up our WR corps.
    Banking on Calvin Johnson to fall to #7 is asinine, and Jarrett won't be ready to fully contribute his first season, so that pretty much kills the draft as our saving grace.
    That leaves FA and trades... neither of which look appealing.

    Lelie is simply the best looking turd in the bowl, and we need to take what we can get.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  4. #14
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Lelie to void contract with Atl, to become a UFA.

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    ...Lelie is simply the best looking turd in the bowl, and we need to take what we can get.
    We've been trying to polish him, but it doesn't seem like he's getting any shinier.
    I'm still a go with Horn guy.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  5. #15
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Lelie to void contract with Atl, to become a UFA.

    "Prophet" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    ...Lelie is simply the best looking turd in the bowl, and we need to take what we can get.
    We've been trying to polish him, but it doesn't seem like he's getting any shinier.
    I'm still a go with Horn guy.
    Since Horn is still an active member of the Saints roster, let's not talk about him until he's actually available.

    I want Drew Bennett.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  6. #16
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Lelie to void contract with Atl, to become a UFA.

    Who cares if he is the best in free agency when he is not an improvement for our team. Why spend money just to spend money.

    If the best WR in free agency is the equivilent to Travis Taylor then why put fourth the effort when you have a few Travis Taylors.

    This doesn't even consider the mistake it would be if we replace someone with similar talent that has had a year of growing pains under the new system with someone who is so green they would probably suffer from not having that same experience.

    Come hell or high water if Lelie is all we have I would take my chances with developing Jason Carter. Save the money buy everyone on the team a pizza instead.

  7. #17
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Lelie to void contract with Atl, to become a UFA.

    "Del" wrote:
    ...I would take my chances with developing Jason Carter...
    The Messiah to Carter connection is what we were missing this year, the only reason we're not going to Miami this weekend.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  8. #18
    Mr. Purple's Avatar
    Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,005

    Re: Lelie to void contract with Atl, to become a UFA.

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    ...Lelie is simply the best looking turd in the bowl, and we need to take what we can get.
    We've been trying to polish him, but it doesn't seem like he's getting any shinier.
    I'm still a go with Horn guy.
    Since Horn is still an active member of the Saints roster, let's not talk about him until he's actually available.

    I want Drew Bennett.

    =Z=

    Me too.There are some decent wide receivers in FA.Not alot, but some.Horn seems to be on his way outta NO, so I'd like us to really take a look at him.I dont want to enter the season with a bunch of underachieving young wide receivers.(Lelie)


    Del has put it perfectly.Why make moves that dont improve your team.Why sign another WR that will blend in with our already bland unit?Spend cash just to spend cash? Lelie guys was or is planning on going to the arena league.Hes garbage, hes a more expensive Travis Taylor.GOD i'm glad we didnt trade for him this year.However we should have traded for Branch.

    Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

  9. #19
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Lelie to void contract with Atl, to become a UFA.

    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    ...I would take my chances with developing Jason Carter...
    The Messiah to Carter connection is what we were missing this year, the only reason we're not going to Miami this weekend.
    Probably not, but he has at least seen our practice field and knows where the locker room is. That by itself makes him more valuable then a new guy who is no better then what we have.

  10. #20
    PurplePeopleEaters's Avatar
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,901

    Re: Lelie to void contract with Atl, to become a UFA.

    "WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    ...Lelie is simply the best looking turd in the bowl, and we need to take what we can get.
    We've been trying to polish him, but it doesn't seem like he's getting any shinier.
    I'm still a go with Horn guy.
    Since Horn is still an active member of the Saints roster, let's not talk about him until he's actually available.

    I want Drew Bennett.

    =Z=

    Me too.There are some decent wide receivers in FA.Not alot, but some.Horn seems to be on his way outta NO, so I'd like us to really take a look at him.I dont want to enter the season with a bunch of underachieving young wide receivers.(Lelie)


    Del has put it perfectly.Why make moves that dont improve your team.Why sign another WR that will blend in with our already bland unit?Spend cash just to spend cash? Lelie guys was or is planning on going to the arena league.Hes garbage, hes a more expensive Travis Taylor.GOD i'm glad we didnt trade for him this year.However we should have traded for Branch.
    I wouldn't exactly be MAD if we signed Lelie but yeah you make a good point. There are better FA receivers out there that we could sign. Going into the season with Horn, Bennett, Bowe, and Williamson would be a HUGE upgrade over what we had this year and would give Tarvaris a lot more to work with.. I saw as far as starting WR's go it's Stallworth, Bennett or nothing. the rest are good to great slot receivers who would be nice if we were to bring them in the play in that role (Hackett).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings' Sullivan prepares to fill void at center
    By Garland Greene in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 04-12-2009, 06:13 PM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-15-2007, 11:19 AM
  3. Kerney to void contract & become an UFA
    By singersp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-22-2007, 11:52 AM
  4. Void voided.
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-02-2006, 11:50 PM
  5. Colts may fill NFL's L.A. void
    By vikings_fan66 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-02-2004, 05:12 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •