Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leigh Bodden

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

Leigh Bodden

The Lions have informed cornerback Leigh Bodden they won't be bringing him back next season, his agent, Alvin Keels, said Wednesday.

And after a subpar season in Detroit last fall -- Bodden had just one interception a year after getting six with the Browns -- the Lions have decided not to pay the bonus money.
    http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090204/SPORTS0101/902040460/1361

I really like Winfield and Ced but I don't think this guy would be a bad idea depending what kinda cash he's looking for. He had a down year with the Lions but was pretty good in Cleveland.

And a few years ago, Chad Johnson called him the best CB to cover him..if that means anything
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Leigh Bodden

I know he was good with Cleveland, and wouldn't mind him as our #2.
    I'm sure there are teams out there more desperate however and willing to pay more money.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

He played good against us but so did alot of the Lions players, I would likely take him but I really want to draft a guy, especailly considering the depth of this years CB's.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

He is really good and was great with the Browns...one of their only bright spots at the time.

But, I do not think we need CB help.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    He is really good and was great with the Browns...one of their only bright spots at the time.

Every mock draft i've been looking at has us taking a corner... actually i think we need a corner bc winfield will be a FA next year...
    Problem with Leigh is, he's gonna start... and I'm not sure if Griff or Winny will like to be a nickel corner, unless they move winny to safety.. highly doubtful..

But as yall know, I'm a big fan of Leigh, plus he's one of my boys.. so I'd be all for signing him... He's the best corner not names Asomugah that doesn't get the media hype he deserves...

thepacksux is offline Asst. Coach

I agree.
    I would definitely like to see the Vikes sign him, but at the same time, where would he fit into our base defense?
    Griffen definitely picked up his play the last half of 2008 to the point where you can't move him out of the starting lineup, and Winfield certainly has his spot locked down.

Unfortunately, it seems like bringing in an established, starting caliber, veteran CB is not an option at this point.

Drafting a young prospect is better since they can play this year in a reserve role and then be evaluated at the end of the season whether they can start in 2010 or if we need to bring back Winfield (which i wouldn't mind seeing anyways).

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

I think we do.
    He can battle griff for the starting spot, or provide depth. Then next year, when Winny hits FA, we have a replacement.
    As seems to be the latest trend with Chilly & Co, I doubt Winfield will get resigned.
    He's getting up there in age, and all the older players seem to be let go when their contract expires (richardson, Birk, Sharper, etc.)
    i wouldn't be surprised (although i'd be pissed) to see Winfield go.

duvaldomo is offline Coach

"thepacksux" wrote:
    I agree.
    I would definitely like to see the Vikes sign him, but at the same time, where would he fit into our base defense?
    Griffen definitely picked up his play the last half of 2008 to the point where you can't move him out of the starting lineup, and Winfield certainly has his spot locked down.

Unfortunately, it seems like bringing in an established, starting caliber, veteran CB is not an option at this point.

Drafting a young prospect is better since they can play this year in a reserve role and then be evaluated at the end of the season whether they can start in 2010 or if we need to bring back Winfield (which i wouldn't mind seeing anyways).
    Actually winfield wants to play in the slot but was unable to due to good no replacement. Bringing in bodden or someone who can fill that #1 cb spot will help our secondary a lot. We improved alot with allen and williams but a great cb will help even more

Jackal_8728 is offline Waterboy

Yeah I would like Leigh Bodden here he is a good CB

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

The same Leigh Bodden that complained about the Tampa 2 in Detroit and was cut because it was the wrong fit for him?

Sounds like a great plan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast