Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Left Overs Anyone?

Let's see how many of these guys are gone before I can finish this post. ** This list only encompasses the guys that have been released from a team or have been signed to a team. **

Source of Info:
    http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/afc-signings
    http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/nfc-signings

Consumed:
    Leonard Davis, T (DAL); Patrick Kerney, DE (SEA); Vinny Ciurciu, LB (MIN); Dre' Bly, CB (DEN); James Hall, DE (STL); Ahman Green, RB (HOU); Brad Johnson, QB (DAL); Fred Smoot, CB (WAS); Jason Whittle, C (BUF); Montrae Holland, G (DEN); Visanthe Shiancoe, TE (MIN); Michael Lewis, S (SF); Dewayne White, DE (DET); Aubrayo Franklin, DT (SF); Tony Pashos, OT (JAC); Adalius Thomas, LB (NE); Eric Steinbach, OL (CLE); Marcus Wilkins, LB (ATL); Dennis Northcutt, WR (JAC); Tatum Bell, RB (DET); Patrick Chukwurah, LB (TB); George Foster, OT (DET); Jake Plummer, QB (TB); Antwan Peek, LB (CLE); Kyle Brady, TE (NE); Sammy Morris, RB (NE); Wes Welker, WR (NE); Dan Wilkinson, DT (DEN);
    Damion McIntosh, T (KC); B.J. Askew, FB (TB); Joey Porter, LB (Mia); Drew Bennett, WR (STL); Travis Henry, RB (Den)

LeftOvers:

Edgerton Hartwell, LB; Matt Lehr, G; Ike Reese, LB; Gavin Tarquinio, TE; Drew Bledsoe, QB; Ryan Hannam, TE; E.J. Whitley, G; Karl Hankton, WR; Kris Mangum, TE; Kevin McCadam, S; Al Wallace, DE; Marcus Bell, DT; Tyoka Jackson, DT; Marcus Pollard, TE; Ross Verba, G; Mike Rosenthal, T; Jermaine Wiggins, TE; Ernie Conwell, TE; Joe Horn, WR; LaVar Arrington, LB; Carlos Emmons, LB; Chad Morton, KR; Luke Petitgout, T;
    Bob Whitfield, T; Antonio Bryant, WR; Adam Timmerman, G; Kenyatta Walker, T; Christian Fauria, TE; Troy Vincent, CB; Jamal Lewis, RB; Matt Bowen, S; Chris Villarrial, G; Brian Simmons, LB; Montae Reagor, DT; Brandon Stokley, WR; Bennie Anderson, OL; Kevin Carter, DE; Joey Harrington, QB; Jeno James, G; Eric Kimble, WR; Seth McKinney, OL; Randy McMichael, TE; Corey Dillon, NE; Kevan Barlow, RB; Derrick Blaylock, RB; Bobby Hamilton, DE; Patrick Ramsey, QB; Trey Teague, T; Aaron Brooks, QB; Ulish Booker, T; Verron Haynes, RB; Steve Foley, LB; Terrence Kiel, S; Keenan McCardell, WR;
    Erron Kinney, TE; Zach Piller, G

Guys in Bold would (or would have) be interesting to look at??

If you didn't see a name, check these lists for UFA and RFA.

UFA
    http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/afc-unrestricted
    http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/nfc-unrestricted

RFA
    http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/afc-restricted
    http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/nfc-restricted

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Left Overs Anyone?

Wasn't Hartwell one of the big prizes a year or two ago?
    What happened?

I would look at him at MLB (I think he plays that spot) and would also like to look at Stokley and Horn (if they are healthy), as well as McMichael (probably have to cut Jimmy K though) and any of the OL that could play better than what we already have on the right side.
    Also, take a peek at Ramsey (unless the Vikings brass is targeting Brady Quinn in the draft).
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Guys not on this list that I would have liked to see some interest in from the Vikes are Eric Johnson (TE) and Chris Brown (RB).
    I think both guys have been signed, but I thought they were good prospects if the price was right.
    Johnson was giving Gates a run for his money 3 seasons ago then ran into some injuries and QB situations that weren't favorable.
    Brown has always reminded me of Robert Smith, even in the injury area, as well as on the field.

Guys on the list of leftovers that I really like are:
    Timmerman - Leadership and Experience getting towards the final years?
    K.Carter - Leadership and Experience getting towards the final years, night be over the hill even?
    McMichael - Who knew they would cut him out right.
    I think he could help even if we just signed a TE.
    Blaylock - Not a necessity, but he would be another great back up to Taylor.
    Veteran QBs - could use one to mentor on the sidelines.
    Bledsoe would retire before riding the pine.

What is the thought on guys like Verba, Timmerman, and Carter that are older? Do any of them have a place on this team?

Narrow it down to those players who are younger than 29, and who don't have their fingerprints on file with the local authorities.

When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

I forgot to mention that Johnson and Brown are being looked at, and I think that there is a tentative contract for Johnson as we speak.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:
    I forgot to mention that Johnson and Brown are being looked at, and I think that there is a tentative contract for Johnson as we speak.
    And I believe that Kevin Carter signed someplace today....Jacksonville maybe?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Oh god...not Verba!
    No way in hell.

He sucked royally when he was with Clevesuck and he is always plagued by injuries.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"snowinapril" wrote:
    with who? hed be a nice pickup for us..as for timmerman, hes still got some years left in him, and hes was always great while in st louis
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    And I believe that Kevin Carter signed someplace today....Jacksonville maybe?

=Z=
    Yeah, I heard that somebody did Get Carter.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Oh god...not Verba!
    No way in hell.

He sucked royally when he was with Clevesuck and he is always plagued by injuries.
    Wasn't he the guy that was busted driving through MN because he wrote checks that other people couldn't cash.
    LOL!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast