Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: LeCharles Bentley should be our top FA target

"ancoin" wrote:
    "skum" wrote:
    I would like to draft OG Max Jean-Gilles with our first round pick, if availeble - he's a stud..

But depends on both Johnson and Fonoti situation
    Ill take Chad Greenway in the first. He is a fast OLB and he played FS in high school so he knows how to Cover
    Greenway isn't exactly the greatest cover OLB. I've seen him play countless times.

LAVike is offline Pro-Bowler

"sdvikefan" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Both of those guys would be great additions, although I see a bigger problem at RT. It also depends on whether or not we re-sign Toniu Fonoti.
    That's a good point, and I do think we should sign Fonoti to a longer contract. But we need him to be in better shape. I think this will happen with Childress who seems very focused on o-line play.

Fonoti should have a weight-based incentive tied into his contract. The guy looks like a beast, he just needs to lay off the Krispy Kremes before training camp.
    "Veni, Vidi, Vikings!"--Julius Caesar

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"FuadFan" wrote:
    "canadian_vikes_fan" wrote:
    "FuadFan" wrote:
    We don't need a RT Marcus Johnson can play the position and he will have a year under his belt to help him out and if we can't get Hutchinson I think we should just work with the guys on our roster this year I don't like moving a guy who played center out to guard.
    From what I've seen, MJ looks way better at guard than at tackle - I would like to see him develop as a guard rather than get him to play a new position he's not really suited for.
    He was benched for Goldberg when he played guard he played much better at tackle but he did not get as much practice there because they spent too much time working him at guard with a year of experience and a full training camp to work himself at tackle he will play much better then he did this year.

Yep, I agree 100%. MJ played 10 times better at RT then he did at guard. The only reason why he was taken out at times, was for his mental lapses and too many false start penalties. Those are things that can be easily fixed, and a lot of times are fixed just by more experience. He was a rookie, starting in this league against some of the best DE's in the NFC. Another year under his belt and hopefully a head coach that doesn't take guys out and put them in and then take them out and move them to another position, only to take them and and move them back to their old position. You can't tell me that didn't stunt his growth a ton. Keep MJ at RT and bring in a lower level FA RT to back him up. Get us a guard(hutchinson) and resign Fonoti and we should be alright, provided Birk can finally get back to 100%.

Back to Bentley though, I think he would be a great idea, with the fact that we don't truely know how Birk will come back from his injury and Bentley has played both guard and center at a very high level. I think we have to get him or Hutch though and they should be our #1 priority in FA, with a LB 2nd. I'd say witherspoon, but it sounds like he doesn't want to go anywhere and will reup with carolina.

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

sign Oline and LB first in FA and of course a decent back up QB and Safety... those are our hurting areas.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123