Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

Re: LeCharles Bentley should be our top FA target

"canadian_vikes_fan" wrote:
    "FuadFan" wrote:
    We don't need a RT Marcus Johnson can play the position and he will have a year under his belt to help him out and if we can't get Hutchinson I think we should just work with the guys on our roster this year I don't like moving a guy who played center out to guard.
    From what I've seen, MJ looks way better at guard than at tackle - I would like to see him develop as a guard rather than get him to play a new position he's not really suited for.
    He was benched for Goldberg when he played guard he played much better at tackle but he did not get as much practice there because they spent too much time working him at guard with a year of experience and a full training camp to work himself at tackle he will play much better then he did this year.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

any oline help im all for.
    We're bringing purple back.

ancoin is offline Starter

"skum" wrote:
    I would like to draft OG Max Jean-Gilles with our first round pick, if availeble - he's a stud..

But depends on both Johnson and Fonoti situation
    Ill take Chad Greenway in the first. He is a fast OLB and he played FS in high school so he knows how to Cover

Thank to Lotza

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Sorry, but Marcus didn't play that great at RT he was on the revolving door with Goldberg and Rosenthal. It isn't like I was to abandon him, I don't don't want to rely on him too much if I don't have to.

Also, I doubt that Alexander's new contract will account for 15 million in next years cap, unless Seattle decided they want to give most of it up front, which is unlikely. A new contract for Alexander will likely only take about 5 million of that 20 million over the cap.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"skum" wrote:
    I would like to draft OG Max Jean-Gilles with our first round pick, if availeble - he's a stud..

I think the idea mentioned of signing Fonoti to a one year deal for a reasonable amount is a great idea. It gives him incentive to play hard and get in shape knowing that he has to play for FA next year. He can earn what he is worth. Hopefully with the FA guards available this year, it will hinder teams from wanting to take that chance on Fonoti this season when there are other guys out there that can play and are in shape.

Jonhnson should be better next year.

It doesn't hurt to go with a OG in the draft to think about the future. I don't know if I would do it in the first round though. I think when you are drafting this late in the draft, you put the 2 or 3 most needed positions on a list and you take the guy left with the most talent when it is your turn.

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Sorry, but Marcus didn't play that great at RT he was on the revolving door with Goldberg and Rosenthal. It isn't like I was to abandon him, I don't don't want to rely on him too much if I don't have to.
    Two words: MIKE TICE

Where the lineman stops nobody knows.

As far as leaning on M.Johnson, I undertand where you are coming from. I think he will be better, even though he didn't give us a ton to build on last season.

I think once the oline gets past the mental errors, they will play better. They are thinking too much about screwing up. Tice the self fullilling prophecy Tice had his fingerprints all over that line.

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "skum" wrote:

I think the idea mentioned of signing Fonoti to a one year deal for a reasonable amount is a great idea. It gives him incentive to play hard and get in shape knowing that he has to play for FA next year. He can earn what he is worth. Hopefully with the FA guards available this year, it will hinder teams from wanting to take that chance on Fonoti this season when there are other guys out there that can play and are in shape.

Jonhnson should be better next year.

It doesn't hurt to go with a OG in the draft to think about the future. I don't know if I would do it in the first round though. I think when you are drafting this late in the draft, you put the 2 or 3 most needed positions on a list and you take the guy left with the most talent when it is your turn.
    I don't think the Vikings can afford to take a G in the first round, with the pick we have. We'd be better off taking a RB or LB with our first round pick, and saving our 2nd or 3rd for a Guard. I think G is a position we can easily target in FA anyway...I'd much rather sign someone with experience at G in the NFL than draft someone we would end up needing to start, like what happened with Johnson this year. ANd I feel Bentley is that player. He's a perfect fit with the Vikings because he can play either G or C in case Birk has further injury problems.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

"sdvikefan" wrote:
    I don't think the Vikings can afford to take a G in the first round, with the pick we have. We'd be better off taking a RB or LB with our first round pick, and saving our 2nd or 3rd for a Guard. I think G is a position we can easily target in FA anyway...I'd much rather sign someone with experience at G in the NFL than draft someone we would end up needing to start, like what happened with Johnson this year. ANd I feel Bentley is that player. He's a perfect fit with the Vikings because he can play either G or C in case Birk has further injury problems.
    I think a proven lineman is the most sure thing in the NFL, unless your name is Rosenthal and then the rule doesn't apply. It is the money best spent on a FA, you pretty much know what you are getting for a relatively small $ amount.

One more Tice comment, Tice also gets the credit for bringing Rosie to MN and for keeping him without seeing the need to replace him with something better.

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

who knows i just want to keep fontuii and fix the right side of the line.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

A good guard and OLB in FA would be good in my book
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast